NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know its way out there, but has anyone looked at KVVU 5 n Las Vegas? "police relase photos of Athem robber". The profile shot is interesting...but the exit veiw much clearer. I doubt its him, but Im only going by press released photos.

I know its way out there, but has anyone looked at KVVU 5 n Las Vegas? "police relase photos of Athem robber". The profile shot is interesting...but the exit veiw much clearer. I doubt its him, but Im only going by press released photos.

I looked at the picture and I got a chuckle.

who knows? the suit jacket doesn't fit right and the face looks like the fuller SK we've seen in some pics.

according to this news item, this is the description of that bank robber:

The suspect is described as a white male with brown hair, 25 to 35-years-old, 5 feet 9 inches tall and 150 lbs. He was last seen wearing a black t-shirt and blue jeans.

http://northwest.8newsnow.com/content/las-vegas-police-investigate-string-bank-robberies

Looks like mutlible layers of clothes...a dark t shirt underneath. Out the door and shed the jacket,hat and glasses whole new look...a person could just slip away.

People who know Steven well, say the ears are all wrong (Steven's are oblong, as seen in the pictures on forsteven.com).

But they pass along "thanks" for the vigilance.

I tried to compare some of the pics from www.forsteven.com and the two pics of the bank robber posted in the online news along with the general physical description.

as for the description, it is the right age and height. I'm not sure where they came up with the weight of 150 as the robber looks like he is full faced and I would not call him slender. so my guess is that if the robber is really 5'9", the 150 lbs is probably an understatement. hair color is subjective (where does one draw the line between blond, dirty blond and light brown and color can be changed.

the robber and Steven don't have very long necks and the robber seems to have a smile.

I mean it is a long shot, but there is enough similarities that I as a casual observer cannot eliminate.

I tried to compare some of the pics from www.forsteven.com and the two pics of the bank robber posted in the online news along with the general physical description.

as for the description, it is the right age and height. I'm not sure where they came up with the weight of 150 as the robber looks like he is full faced and I would not call him slender. so my guess is that if the robber is really 5'9", the 150 lbs is probably an understatement. hair color is subjective (where does one draw the line between blond, dirty blond and light brown and color can be changed.

the robber and Steven don't have very long necks and the robber seems to have a smile.

I mean it is a long shot, but there is enough similarities that I as a casual observer cannot eliminate.

That's why I sent the images to people who know him best. I poked around and found that the Las Vegas Sun had larger pictures.

The first picture really, from my perspective, showed a resemblance.

But it was this second picture which was commented on.

Compare that second picture (with a folded, rounded, Kip Kinkle-type ear) to this familiar picture of Steven wearing his baseball cap.

Doesn't look like him to me...the robber's face seems full in the wrong places, fleshy rather than because of the bones structure. And the ears are different.

But it was this second picture which was commented on.

Compare that second picture (with a folded, rounded, Kip Kinkle-type ear) to this familiar picture of Steven wearing his baseball cap.

they are two completely different angles so I can't compare the ears.

for what it is worth, I'm sure Steven's family and friends do not want to think of him as a possible bank robber. however, if federal, state and local LE think he is a possible suspect, they will at least LOOK for him.

they are two completely different angles so I can't compare the ears.

for what it is worth, I'm sure Steven's family and friends do not want to think of him as a possible bank robber. however, if federal, state and local LE think he is a possible suspect, they will at least LOOK for him.

I can't speak for Steven's family, but if he were my son who'd been missing for ten months, I'd be THRILLED to identify him as alive on Sep 7th -- even if he was robbing a bank.

Then, I'd drop the dime on him myself.
Because then LE would be seriously looking for him, as you say.

I can't speak for Steven's family, but if he were my son who'd been missing for ten months, I'd be THRILLED to identify him as alive on Sep 7th -- even if he was robbing a bank.

Then, I'd drop the dime on him myself.
Because then LE would be seriously looking for him, as you say.

That would be mixed feelings for sure...

That would be mixed feelings for sure...

It'd be "hug, beat his butt, hug, beat his butt....", and a mental illness defense.

The actions of that particular robber (US Bank on Charleston, Sep 7th) would do more to convince me it was Steven, than a picture. Got flustered, and apparently left with nothing.

Steven was born Nov 1, 1979.

He disappeared over ten months ago, on Dec 13th, 2009.

Who thought it would take this long, and that we'd still not know what happened - or where he is?

If I were to find him someday I would shake his hand and walk away. I believe he is alive...and in the greater LV metro area. Portland is so far away...if I lived in that area I would spend all of my extra time in the next 3 months waiting and watching.

I must add...I dont believe that Steven would Rob or Burgle to survive, IMO its not his style.

I think the photos linked above to the recent robbery look very similar to Steven. The second photo looks more like him than the first. Wouldn't care if he was robbing a bank, I would want him home....
I hope for his family's sake that he is out there and can eventually make it back to them.

If I were to find him someday I would shake his hand and walk away.

I believe the moral and ethical thing to do, would be to ask him to at least call home ONCE, and let his mother know he's OK. And hand him your cellphone, to do so. Then take his picture.

I believe he is alive...and in the greater LV metro area. Portland is so far away...if I lived in that area I would spend all of my extra time in the next 3 months waiting and watching.

Waiting and watching....for what? For who?
Where should they be watching?
A public building?
On certain dates?
What specifically are they looking for?

With all due respect, cryptic hints don't help find Steven.
If you truly have information, there's no reason to just drop hints.

If I were to find him someday I would shake his hand and walk away. I believe he is alive...and in the greater LV metro area. Portland is so far away...if I lived in that area I would spend all of my extra time in the next 3 months waiting and watching.

May I ask if there is some reason for "the next 3 months". The wording seems strange. Thank you.

If you have any questions about my comments try visitor messages...Im not getting my replies posted. Thanks

If you have any questions about my comments try visitor messages...Im not getting my replies posted. Thanks

Your posts are showing up fine; if you are trying to reply to a particular person, click on the QUOTE button first, then reply below. It'll show up.

We talk back and forth to each other on the same page or thread....we don't go back and forth to a poster's visitor messages. If you are having any
trouble with your replies, a moderator will be happy to help you.

If you would like to answer my question, it is about why you would say
that you would be watching and waiting "for the next three months". Are the next three months important?

Again, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member