NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was there a few weeks ago. Didn't see any homes for sale and none appeared empty. The neighborhood is immaculate. Every yard is perfectly landscaped. If there is someone there who shouldn't be, you can't tell from the outside.

On that same trip, we tried to find a relatively easy way to get to the foothills from EL, but that didn't happen. It's like a crazy maze in there! I didn't think I would ever find my way out!

Also, took a bunch of the cards to the community center. What a place!

Guess there have been no tips from the cards??? :(

bbm

Glad you brought the cards up I had been wondering about them.

I have allways wished I had the records of "calls prior to his disappearence
". In looking at ways to communicate with someone undetected, I would think that they were checked by LE or PI or family. I have had the task of reviewing cell phone records to track a family members movments prior to a certian incident. It is daughting to say the least...

I think it is possible that he could have been communicating with someone using the Library and lds properties. Go to library and look at say a online personal message board like craigs list look for a message. If it is there go to the lds property and wait for a incomming call from a unsecured phone at a certian time. Would his eldership give him access?

In St George, Overton, and Mesqete...the local lds and the local libraries are within a short walk.

Most LDS churches are locked during the day and only certain leaders have a key. I doubt he had one. There is usually an unsecured phone in the building, but not in a quiet place, in the hallway or entry way. It would be hard to use it and not be observed. Computer access is very limited in LDS buildings, areas are locked and password secured. Family History libraries are open to the public but internet access is restricted to genealogy sites.

in my book the odds that Steven is the bank robber in the photo is 100 times more likely than him running off with Susan Powell.

I think that bizarre theory does a disservice to both the Koecher and Powell families.

at least the bank robber speculation is based upon a fact - we can see the bank robber's face and people can decide for themselves how much, if any, resemblance there is to Steven Koecher.

bbm

I have missed this so I am going to have to catch up on it.

I was there a few weeks ago. Didn't see any homes for sale and none appeared empty. The neighborhood is immaculate. Every yard is perfectly landscaped. If there is someone there who shouldn't be, you can't tell from the outside.

On that same trip, we tried to find a relatively easy way to get to the foothills from EL, but that didn't happen. It's like a crazy maze in there! I didn't think I would ever find my way out!

If you took a printed-out satellite view with you, it wouldn't be hard at all. Or, pick an address near the foothills and punch it into a Garmin.

Also, took a bunch of the cards to the community center. What a place!

Guess there have been no tips from the cards??? :(

Nothing at all.
I do check almost daily, but don't want to flood the group with "nothing yet".

I guess it was one of those ideas, that would have maybe worked in January 2010, but too long has now passed.

Does anyone know if SK's family checked his cell phone records for November & October?

I understand they did.

Will we see the phone records? I doubt it, but it's understandable. Can you imagine the privacy problems if the records fell into the wrong hands?

If you took a printed-out satellite view with you, it wouldn't be hard at all. Or, pick an address near the foothills and punch it into a Garmin.

I did that with an address you gave me while you were looking at the satellite view and I was in my car driving around like a lunatic! Remember??? Might have been an easier trek on foot. There were nothing but more houses every way I turned.

Nothing at all.
I do check almost daily, but don't want to flood the group with "nothing yet".

I guess it was one of those ideas, that would have maybe worked in January 2010, but too long has now passed.

That's a shame. It was a brilliant idea and if he was still in the area, it could still work.

I understand they did.

Will we see the phone records? I doubt it, but it's understandable. Can you imagine the privacy problems if the records fell into the wrong hands?

It is understandable. The thing is, those who have seen the phone records didn't see anything they felt was out of the ordinary. They were all folks known to Steven. Some of us don't feel that should necessarily have been the end of it. The odds of Steven having been the victim of a totally random stranger in a strange city are far less than the odds of him being harmed by someone known to him.

Just sayin...

It is understandable. The thing is, those who have seen the phone records didn't see anything they felt was out of the ordinary. They were all folks known to Steven. Some of us don't feel that should necessarily have been the end of it. The odds of Steven having been the victim of a totally random stranger in a strange city are far less than the odds of him being harmed by someone known to him.

Just sayin...

True. But it takes more than that, to get a search warrant, to name a POI, to bring the case before a grand jury.

I think this case is truly "empty pockets". The person most mentioned here as a suspect, was 120 miles away when SK walked down that street. By himself.

I did that with an address you gave me while you were looking at the satellite view and I was in my car driving around like a lunatic! Remember??? Might have been an easier trek on foot. There were nothing but more houses every way I turned.

Bingo. And Steven was on foot.

That's a shame. It was a brilliant idea and if he was still in the area, it could still work.

I think a big part of the problem in this case, is that we're all stuck on Zero. Everyone. Vegas, Vegas, Vegas. I don't think he's there, alive. If he's alive, he had something else going on. Somewhere else.

....and like carbuff said, he could have been the victim of misfortune after leaving by himself.

True. But it takes more than that, to get a search warrant, to name a POI, to bring the case before a grand jury.

I think this case is truly "empty pockets". The person most mentioned here as a suspect, was 120 miles away when SK walked down that street. By himself.

I'm just thinking of a reason for Steven to have been in Anthem. I do not consider that person a suspect or a POI. I'm thinking that person knows more than he's been asked to say and may have some insight as to why Steven Koecher was in Henderson on a day he should have been elsewhere. That's all.

I'm just thinking of a reason for Steven to have been in Anthem. I do not consider that person a suspect or a POI. I'm thinking that person knows more than he's been asked to say and may have some insight as to why Steven Koecher was in Henderson on a day he should have been elsewhere. That's all.

...and on a day HE had other obligations, too. I know, I know.

Have we looked at this case:
UID, Idyllwild, CA - a mountain area above Palm Springs, CA.

in my book the odds that Steven is the bank robber in the photo is 100 times more likely than him running off with Susan Powell.

I think that bizarre theory does a disservice to both the Koecher and Powell families.

at least the bank robber speculation is based upon a fact - we can see the bank robber's face and people can decide for themselves how much, if any, resemblance there is to Steven Koecher.

BBM:

Case in point... or maybe, in fact, if a part of my theory was true, it would... in a way be a disservice wouldn't it? How do we even know if SK's whereabouts are now known by them....and no one has been told? Maybe our "emotional clairvoyance" is telling us ...that would never happen, just as it has been used to speculate "SK would never do that" and the embarrassing quantifying of whipping a 30 year old man's behind for his outrageous behavior......think about it.

As far the bank robber, it looks very much like Steven and makes one wonder about all the coats/jackets he had in his car when it was discovered?? Too bad we don't have a clear pic of his distinctive nose or a close up of his hands....to me a person's hands are very identifiable, especially if you can catch them on video...not only the appearance, but how the person uses them.

Ruby Valley, maybe he wasn't truly there? It was the mother's story...but her story wasn't believed to be correct when giving the timeline at the PC either. Just sayin...

One remote possibility for how a connection might play out: if Steven and Susan knew each other in West Valley (no evidence that they did, or that their paths would likely have crossed), and were friends -- and when she decided to leave her relationship, she called on her old friend to help her get away -- and her husband found out about it and killed them both, assuming they were lovers. This would mean he hunted Steven down later -- which I'm not sure he had the opportunity to do. And there are other holes too.

I could see a similar scenario with somebody in Anthem. He went to help a friend leave an abusive relationship, husband caught them, killed him, has woman too terrorized to call the cops. Or killed her too only nobody knows she's missing.

I mean, I can make up scenarios all day. When there's very little evidence, there's lots of room for fantasizing.

Would a bishop contact another bishop and ask for assistance in moving a very unhappy member of his church to another area so that he/she might
start a new life? Would the hierachy become involved like this?
Thank you.

Would a bishop contact another bishop and ask for assistance in moving a very unhappy member of his church to another area so that he/she might
start a new life? Would the hierachy become involved like this?
Thank you.

I would be inclided to beleive they would...however in this case I dont think they would keep quiet. I do find it intersting the Mormons will start out with 10 grand rewards for information on anyone missing from the churh or any crimes against it(not saying a crime has been committed against the church here...not all churches can help the flocks this way without massive fund rasiers)

I would be inclided to beleive they would...however in this case I dont think they would keep quiet. I do find it intersting the Mormons will start out with 10 grand rewards for information on anyone missing from the churh or any crimes against it(not saying a crime has been committed against the church here...not all churches can help the flocks this way without massive fund rasiers)

Would a group of Ex Mormons be there to shelter someone leaving a abusive relationship?

Would a group of Ex Mormons be there to shelter someone leaving a abusive relationship?

if yes my theory would not matter, that someone involved would just verify the PIQ had in fact lived in the state one year and I would really have no idea of where he is.

If no or he does not want to be Ex would find away to help with or without other believers...that are willing to help those with DV issues.

They have dentals since May. Enough time to have done a comparison, if anyone had asked.

That's what I was asking: has anyone here asked, via NAMUS, if there could be a link between the Idyllwild remains and Steven?

BBM:

Case in point... or maybe, in fact, if a part of my theory was true, it would... in a way be a disservice wouldn't it? How do we even know if SK's whereabouts are now known by them....and no one has been told?

Maybe our "emotional clairvoyance" is telling us ...that would never happen, just as it has been used to speculate "SK would never do that" and the embarrassing quantifying of whipping a 30 year old man's behind for his outrageous behavior......think about it.

As far the bank robber, it looks very much like Steven and makes one wonder about all the coats/jackets he had in his car when it was discovered??

Too bad we don't have a clear pic of his distinctive nose or a close up of his hands....to me a person's hands are very identifiable, especially if you can catch them on video...not only the appearance, but how the person uses them.

Ruby Valley, maybe he wasn't truly there? It was the mother's story...but her story wasn't believed to be correct when giving the timeline at the PC either. Just sayin...

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're saying. Except for the parts that appear to accuse Steven's family of criminal activities and untruths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme