NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The innocent explanation is "wondered if he was going to come do more work" .. and maybe a couple of the last ones are "Hey! They're trying to find you to move your car!"

But there's sooooo many. After someone doesn't answer after a few calls, why keep calling and calling? LL did the same thing.

Do we know if such frequent calls from TH to Steven were common?

If not actually in the hills (mountain?), yeah.

Fairy1, which direction do they run? Through town to the southwest, or to the Colorado River?

Are we talking about the foothills? If so, from the 515/95 they run to the west. Hoover Dam (Colorado River) is to the east.

BUT, there are lots of hills and even open desert everywhere. There is sort of a mesa right there at Russell and the 515. To the east, there is a lot of open, mostly flat desert, then more hills/mountains.

Near SCA, the foothills are fairly tame. But last time I came into the city from Boulder City, I noticed that the other side of those same foothills were pretty rugged. There are what appear to be ATV trails, but they don't go all the way up the hills and there would be a lot of terrain not visible from the trails.

Are we talking about the foothills? If so, from the 515/95 they run to the west. Hoover Dam (Colorado River) is to the east.

BUT, there are lots of hills and even open desert everywhere. There is sort of a mesa right there at Russell and the 515. To the east, there is a lot of open, mostly flat desert, then more hills/mountains.

Near SCA, the foothills are fairly tame. But last time I came into the city from Boulder City, I noticed that the other side of those same foothills were pretty rugged. There are what appear to be ATV trails, but they don't go all the way up the hills and there would be a lot of terrain not visible from the trails.

Thanks. That's pretty much what I figured (that the ravines/streams run from the hills)....but it's hard to see direction on a satellite map ;)

I really wish it wasn't him in the video; so much more would make sense.

Thanks. That's pretty much what I figured (that the ravines/streams run from the hills)....but it's hard to see direction on a satellite map ;)

I was just thinking today, maybe we should forget EVERYTHING we know - or think we know. But then again, I'm not sure it would matter. Whatever started the wheels in motion happened in St. George, UT. IMO. That's where the beginning of the answer will be found.

One other thing I wanted to mention.....from the map I posted earlier, if you take Russell Road off the 515 to the east, it runs into the Sam Boyd Stadium. Somewhere round the stadium is what is referred to as the "swamp." I'm not entirely sure where it is in relation to the stadium, but it's close. There are normally several brush fires in that area every summer, but this year - I haven't heard about more than one.

Do we know if such frequent calls from TH to Steven were common?

TH's calls/texts drastically increased on Dec 11th and although less frequent afterward, were more frequent than before the 11th. I count 12 calls/texts from TH on Dec 11th....and only three VM checks by SK.

LL's calls increased, not as drastically.

GW's calls/texts decreased.

If we ever do a field trip, this will be a hand-out ;)

TH's calls/texts drastically increased on Dec 11th and although less frequent afterward, were more frequent than before the 11th. I count 12 calls/texts from TH on Dec 11th....and only three VM checks by SK.

LL's calls increased, not as drastically.

GW's calls/texts decreased.

If we ever do a field trip, this will be a hand-out ;)

Hmmm. Not quite sure what to make of that info. Drastically.

How far back have the records been searched?

And we WILL be doing a field trip!

Hmmm. Not quite sure what to make of that info. Drastically.

How far back have the records been searched?

And we WILL be doing a field trip!

I don't know how far back anyone else has gone through the phone records; I've got Dec 7th-16th.

I don't know how far back anyone else has gone through the phone records; I've got Dec 7th-16th.

Just wondering if there was a pattern of urgency or if it was something that just occurred that weekend Steven went missing. KWIM?

Would there have been a great urgency related to the task of handing out fliers for window washing? I'm thinking......NO. But that's just me. I've never been responsible for that kind of thing.

Just wondering if there was a pattern of urgency or if it was something that just occurred that weekend Steven went missing. KWIM?

Would there have been a great urgency related to the task of handing out fliers for window washing? I'm thinking......NO. But that's just me. I've never been responsible for that kind of thing.

I can't imagine a great urgency.

I can't imagine a great urgency.

Me neither. But there appears to have been a great urgency about something, huh? What could it possibly have been?

Gosh, I sure hope someone has asked TH that question.

According to a WSer who called TH, SK didn't wash windows. His only job was to pass out the flyers.

I meant was there any proof of fliers being handed out or was it just speculation that passing out fliers was the reason he was there.

One other thing I wanted to mention.....from the map I posted earlier, if you take Russell Road off the 515 to the east, it runs into the Sam Boyd Stadium. Somewhere round the stadium is what is referred to as the "swamp." I'm not entirely sure where it is in relation to the stadium, but it's close. There are normally several brush fires in that area every summer, but this year - I haven't heard about more than one.

Fairy1 & Laytonian, are you all thinking of the area that has ducks & wildlife, or further east into the swamps?

Fairy1 have you or anyone you know been out to these areas east of town?

I've never been into this area, and I'm floored to figure out who on earth goes into these areas. I've asked a couple of friends, who are locals, if they know anything about this "swamp" area.

You all really have me thinking hard about this "swamp" area. Does anybody know how deep the water is in these areas?

I guess I still don't understand.

All calls to my voicemail are by calling my own phone number; there's no other voicemail number. (There used to be, when we had a landline.)

From what I can see from the phone records, he was "screening" his calls.
There's an incoming call, then a VM check.
They're all tied to known people.

I could be wrong, but if some "secret" VM scheme was being used, wouldn't there be some urgency, and he'd call to check VM more than five times in the last 48 hours?

9:19am, Dec 12th
9:02pm, Dec 12th
5:36pm, Dec 13th
7:58pm, Dec 13th
7:04am, Dec 14th

Very few incoming calls, very few VM checks....

On sprint I call my number too...but correct me if I'm wrong...the last number called from his phone was an AT&T voicemail number? Someone else could call that same number, enter SK's phone number and leave a message instead of retrieving them. It's not a " scheme" per se, but would allow the caller to leave a vm without their number showing on the bill.

At any rate, now that I see how many calls he made it seems to be a mute point.

And, speaking of swamps there is an area that comes to mind near Stepanie & 215. The cross streets are actually Stephanie & Wigwam Parkway. There is this body of water, and not much else around it. I've never known what this area is used for. Do any of our local WSers know?

Is there a reason you didn't get the 6th, when he apparently received an upsetting call?

Great point! I've always wondered about this upsetting call.

And, the call that took him away from the party. I believe it was a Christmas party, but I don't fully remember from the posts.

Maybe this is the call your asking about, as I cannot get all the dates straight.

On sprint I call my number too...but correct me if I'm wrong...the last number called from his phone was an AT&T voicemail number? Someone else could call that same number, enter SK's phone number and leave a message instead of retrieving them. It's not a " scheme" per se, but would allow the caller to leave a vm without their number showing on the bill.

At any rate, now that I see how many calls he made it seems to be a mute point.

The last number called from his cell phone (to VM), was to his own cell phone number.

All calls to VM that show on the phone records, were placed to his own phone number.

Is there a reason you didn't get the 6th, when he apparently received an upsetting call?

Dec 6th? You're going to have to refresh me.

I thought that happened on Dec 7th, during the Christmas party - which Mrs K said he "left abruptly".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat