NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about this one?

http://www.kolotv.com/home/headlines/102470729.html

Deputies found an adult white male, with no personal effects or identification in the area.

GMTA. I've been watching that one, this afternoon. If you're familiar with I-80 through Nevada, exit 83 is the junction of US-95 (by that "only if you're desperate" rest area).

I wish they'd post a description. I doubt the remains were there very long, seeing that it's such a busy freeway.

There's a strange update to the story (the above link is good). I can't tell if it's ID'd or not....or how.

GMTA. I've been watching that one, this afternoon. If you're familiar with I-80 through Nevada, exit 83 is the junction of US-95 (by that "only if you're desperate" rest area).

I wish they'd post a description. I doubt the remains were there very long, seeing that it's such a busy freeway.

There's a strange update to the story (the above link is good). I can't tell if it's ID'd or not....or how.

My impression from the article is that he has been ided however authorities have been unable to contact family.

lol, btw, what does GMTA mean?

Thanks FHC. Sounds like he was identified, just waiting to notify next of kin.

He had no ID or personal effects . Must have used fingerprints.

Thanks FHC. Sounds like he was identified, just waiting to notify next of kin.

He had no ID or personal effects . Must have used fingerprints.

Maybe he had his name tattooed on his arm or something.

I was just thinking: for all the rumors about all the people going missing in Nevada, we sure don't hear of many. It also seems the UIDs are rapidly diminishing. I've checked for matches to Steven every week or so for months - and the list is shorter every time.

There was a home on EL that was/is for rent...and in the ad for rent at one time it said the casita was not part of the rental. I've posted a few times regarding this, wondering why the casita would not be part of the rental...possibly someone else lives there?? The owner of the house also owns another property in Anthem, which I believe they live in based on public records. I'm not sure if I am allowed to give the address, but I know I've sent it in PM to a few of you in the past.

There was a home on EL that was/is for rent...and in the ad for rent at one time it said the casita was not part of the rental. I've posted a few times regarding this, wondering why the casita would not be part of the rental...possibly someone else lives there?? The owner of the house also owns another property in Anthem, which I believe they live in based on public records. I'm not sure if I am allowed to give the address, but I know I've sent it in PM to a few of you in the past.

I believe you are describing the home at 2260. SD family.
Am I correct?

I also found the "two home" issue interesting, because (as I've stated before), the only two disappearances EVER in the Anthem area, occurred near each of those two homes.

Meanwhile, I restate the confusion issue because ES/ED has convinced some people that the "activity" took place at the MW home up the street (2250) and even named them as suspects in this case.
I've found nothing to confirm what was stated (HERE on WS and ELSEWHERE on FB or that the MW home was ever for rent).

In fact, looking at the satellite map, I don't see how Mr Security's daughter could even see the MW home without getting out of bed, getting dressed, and looking up the street.

It would make sense that she saw the home across the street (2260).

I believe you are describing the home at 2260. SD family.
Am I correct?

I also found the "two home" issue interesting, because (as I've stated before), the only two disappearances EVER in the Anthem area, occurred near each of those two homes.

Meanwhile, I restate the confusion issue because ES/ED has convinced some people that the "activity" took place at the MW home up the street (2250) and even named them as suspects in this case.
I've found nothing to confirm what was stated (HERE on WS and ELSEWHERE on FB or that the MW home was ever for rent).

In fact, looking at the satellite map, I don't see how Mr Security's daughter could even see the MW home without getting out of bed, getting dressed, and looking up the street.

It would make sense that she saw the home across the street (2260).

It would help if it was clarified by ED, but I don't think that is going to.happen

Steven - tell us which way to go!!! I am at a loss just now.

Not if he were just starting as a mule. It could have just been the first week, first day.

This makes me wonder if the trip to RV was a one time thing or if he had been making regular trips up north? Guess the bank records might give a clue to that, although we will never see them....also ..maybe his phone records if he didn't have another phone and whoever was viewing them went back that far. Strange that he would make that trip and not call any member of his family that he was or going to be in the area, don't you think? Wonder if he worked all day Monday or just stopped by to get paid for the previous week?

BBM. Snipped.

Do you have the name of the other missing person? Perhaps their story can give us some insight into Steven's story. Maybe some of their last movements were similar....or have you already checked this out?

An interesting scam out of Henderson. Posting it because maybe SK fell for a scam not this one, but something else.

They scan pet lost and found, Craigslist and other Internet ads, then telephone pet owners with a sympathetic offering to locate their lost pet starting at $59.99.

Business records show the man behind Petfinders Alert is 63-year-old Gary Bruce Hack. Hack operates Petfinders out of his home in Sun City Anthem.

We checked with the City of Henderson and found he has no license to do business here at all--which he needs to be legal even though none of his customers live in Nevada.

http://www.ktnv.com/global/story.asp?s=12878821

Another article on CL from ticked off pet owners.

http://elko.craigslist.org/vol/1871417996.html

Although his real name is not widely known

http://www.petfinder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=179326

While searching out scams I came across this site, it is all supposedly rip off scams in Henderson.

I have been reading through some and a few are interesting. I still have many to read but maybe others want to look through some as well. You can refine your search on the site.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/Search/henderson-nevada.aspx?p=3

One talks of answering a CL ad in Henderson:

A friend of mine needing work answered an ad on craigslist for deck hands in Alaska

http://www.ripoffreport.com/employers/deckhand-family-boat/deckhand-family-boat-alaska-a-36c43.htm

While searching out scams I came across this site, it is all supposedly rip off scams in Henderson.

I have been reading through some and a few are interesting. I still have many to read but maybe others want to look through some as well. You can refine your search on the site.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/Search/henderson-nevada.aspx?p=3

One talks of answering a CL ad in Henderson:

A friend of mine needing work answered an ad on craigslist for deck hands in Alaska

http://www.ripoffreport.com/employers/deckhand-family-boat/deckhand-family-boat-alaska-a-36c43.htm

What would be the angle, related to Steven?

That he was ripped off, and went looking for the perp?
(Unfortunately, there's NO calls to Nevada on the phone records (7-16 Dec) ... nor tollfrees.)

[
QUOTE=laytonian;5595644]What would be the angle, related to Steven?

Something took him there, he didn't just throw a dart on a map and say I'll drive and park there today.

That he was ripped off, and went looking for the perp?

I very much doubt that but we don't know what type of person he could have come into contact with.

(Unfortunately, there's NO calls to Nevada on the phone records (7-16 Dec) ... nor tollfrees.)

Maybe he used another phone, a friend's or a payphone. Or he talked with someone in person and they sent him there. I don't find it unreasonable to think he had a job lead and it is just possible it was a scam type job.

I agree with rd he seems like he was confident in where he was going.

"They have created new business card-size fliers that show Susan Powell with and without cosmetics. They think that will increase the chances someone will recognize their daughter."

Salt Lake Tribune.

ETA:
Yes, I AM happy that someone else picked up on this.

"They have created new business card-size fliers that show Susan Powell with and without cosmetics. They think that will increase the chances someone will recognize their daughter."

Salt Lake Tribune.

ETA:
Yes, I AM happy that someone else picked up on this.

It was/is a great idea and I would love to see it happen on more cases. Only thing is, I think Susan is most assuredly without cosmetics at this point. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob