NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so heartbroken for the Koecher family tonight.

Steven - if you are out there, please go home now. Some things are bigger than our own selves.

<modsnip>

Newspaper editor and father of missing man, Steven Koecher, dies
By nate carlisle

The Salt Lake Tribune

First published 1 hour ago
Updated 22 minutes ago Updated Feb 10, 2011 09:22PM
The editor of the Davis County Clipper, who spent the past 14 months looking for his son, died Thursday hours after being admitted to a hospital.

Rolf Koecher, 61, may have suffered from toxic shock syndrome, said Clipper owner and publisher Gail Stahle. Stahle said Koecher felt ill for days. He missed work Wednesday but hoped to return Thursday, Stahle said.

<<snip>>

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/51232646-76/koecher-rolf-stahle-steven.html.csp

Wow! Sad, sad news. If Steven were still here I can't think of anything more than this that would bring him back home if he left on his accord. Unfortunately, I believe his father and he are now together in a better place.

This is just so tragic. I read it on SP's thread and just learned her paternal grandfather passed also. My prayers to the family and may they find strength at this time.

What a small world....
I just heard tonight that my nieces Bishop passed away... and it turns out
to be Steven's dad.
From what I have heard about him ... he was a great man!
He had actually helped my niece and her husband with something
very important before he passed and for that I will be forever grateful to him!

RIP Mr. Koecher

Oh no! My condolences to Mrs. Koecher and the whole family.

It's not enough, to thank everyone for their comments above. I must also send my prayers in support for this family, and for closure in Steven's case.

It's not enough, to thank everyone for their comments above. I must also send my prayers in support for this family, and for closure in Steven's case.

You can do that, via the family's website: ForSteven.com.

They've added information about Rolf's death, and funeral details HERE. It's just sad that the funeral information is just above the announcement Rolf had to write, just months ago, due to extreme pressures put upon the family by outside sources. We all know that undue stress, especially from others with sinister intent, can cause health problems.

You can do that, via the family's website: ForSteven.com.

They've added information about Rolf's death, and funeral details HERE. It's just sad that the funeral information is just above the announcement Rolf had to write, just months ago, due to extreme pressures put upon the family by outside sources. We all know that undue stress, especially from others with sinister intent, can cause health problems.

Thank you, laytonian. So very sad. RIP Rolf.

Wow, that's heartbreaking. Thanks for letting us know. Although I'm not a particularly religious person, I hope Rolf now knows what happened to Steven and maybe they are together? My condolences to Mrs K, she must be devastated.

Such sad news. He worked very hard to find Steven.
RIP Rolf Koecher.

I too believe you are now with your son.
United once again.

Very sad to hear about Steven's father, my thoughts are with the Koecher family during what must be a very difficult time.

My daughter went to Rolfe's viewing Sunday night. She said she was in line for over a hour. She said Deanne very gracious and thanked my daughter for coming(they worked together in a church organization). One of Rolfe's daughters and a son, were very cheerful to see my daughter, and they reminisced(sp?)about things. What a strong family they are, and have had so much pain. May they find peace, and good things happen for them.

So, where do we go from here? What can we do?

IDK sbakker. I still look for Steven every day. I was hoping there would be some word on the remains that were found in SW Vegas a while back, but I haven't been able to find anything.

I guess it's safe to assume Steven didn't attend his father's service. :(

IDK sbakker. I still look for Steven every day. I was hoping there would be some word on the remains that were found in SW Vegas a while back, but I haven't been able to find anything.

I guess it's safe to assume Steven didn't attend his father's service. :(

Maybe after the show is aired on the Discovery Channel, there will be
some new clues, or things people recognize. After years, often someone comes forward because of guilt, or there are new clues that may be recognized.

No, steven was not at the service, maybe in spirit only. And if he was, I am sure he was there to welcome his dad to a new home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member