NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting about the guy at IHOP. Even though it typically shows up at a younger age, what do you guys think about Schizophrenia? I was just reading up on it a bit and there are a few behaviors that would seem to fit.

Schizophrenia is exactly what I thought about that person as well. I have a family member with this and it sounds exactly like him when he is not taking meds correctly. I don't think this would be a good match for Steven, if there have been no previous signs of it in his life.

I am actually quite intrigued by the IHOP story.

Thanks to all those who say they will personally go there. This is the best way we can REALLY be of help to the family. Hopefully some real answers may come from it.

Hey guys! You know me by now, as the one who thinks SK and SP are together somewhere. I have kinda let that go for a day or so and continue to read everyone's posts on here, hoping I can give some input. However, I decided to go refresh my memory on SP by reading the articles on her case. I was re-reading an article about SP's disappearance and I couldn't help but notice another similarity that I wouldn't have noticed had I not been a part of this wonderful group! See what you think:

Ok. So, SP's brother, Kirk Graves has been quoted in articles and said his wife Jennifer and SP have discussed her marital problems. Guess where they live?

LAS VEGAS, NV....

So, I did a white pages search on Kirk and got an address about 26 miles away from the Savannah Springs address (assuming that's the right one). Also, I searched Jennifer Graves and it looks like she owns some houses (unless that's the wrong Jennifer).....

Time for a cigarette break!!!!!

jbirddinky, I think your a little confused. Jennifer Graves is/was Susan's SIL, (josh's sister) and her husband is Kirk. They live in the SLC area, not LV. Josh stayed with them right after Susan's disappearance. You can double check your white page search on some other search site, such as Melissa.com.

If you haven't noticed, I'm lagging behind you all tonight, but it's Friday. I'll be here till I drop.

We are protective of him because we love him. If any member of my family disappeared we'd act the same way. He isn't "much younger" than his cronological years, but he may be a bit. He's just a simple guy. (not simple-stupid) He may have a mild case of ADD, but it's never been a problem or been diagnosed. That being said, you guys have read some of his news articles. He's a very responsible and smart person.

One evening Steven and I were talking and trying to figure out what to do that night and he said "We could go paint rocks and I'd be happy." I tell you this to illustrate my "simple" wording. Steven often told me he didn't need much out of life. But the things that he did need were a job and a woman to marry and he didn't have either. I'm sure that was very painful for him. I hope some of that made sense and was helpful.

I think it says volumes...thank you. My hope is that he has started that new life, with both needs met and that he will at sometime share that with you and family. Prayers for all.

I obviously don't know what the right path is, but like I said before, I favor the idea that Steven was going to Evening Lights to sign a contract.

I have always had this thought as well. What about the possibility of Steve falling for an employment scam? I googled "Las Vegas job scams" and came up with several hits. Could he have gone down Evening Lights to confront a scammer and try to recover funds? Would that explain why he didn't park in front of his destination? That sort of determination, to me, would also explain his "confident" demeanor even if he'd never been there before. I might not look around either, if I had my mind set on a particular objective that was consuming my thoughts. Just brainstorming . . .

I believe that a couple of points for Steven being alive are :

1. His body language on the first video. He seemed at ease and familiar with his surroundings. He could very well be staying in that neighborhood now, living with someone. That his car is not in some other videos may not mean much ; he could simply have parked elsewhere.
2. The fact that he told Seth Aboud on December 13th that he would not be at the basketball game on the 16th. Not maybe, he said he would not be there.
3. I read about Steven's father describing the search efforts ; the searches were quite extensive, and nothing at all turned up. There is just no evidence at all of foul play.Steven was young,and I assume healthy. I have never read a credible scenario of how or why he would have met with foul play. He had no money, so robbery is out.He wasn't carjacked. I assume he doesn't drink or use drugs, so he was not high or intoxicated.
I had asked about his mental state,not out of any prurient curiosity, but I thought that people seemed very protective of this young man,and I wondered if that protectivness was perhaps preventing them from thinking that he wanted to do what he did. That he met someone and was bowled over,and might not want to communicate with people rom his past at this time.
I believe that much of what is written here on these forums is speculation ; how can it be otherwise ? We were not present when the event happened,and we can only make educated guesses. We have little or no "proof " of anything. Sorry if anything I have written here has caused anyone distress, not my intention.

The only thing I can come up with for foul play at the subdivision, would be that whoever he was to meet had foul play in mind and slipped something into his drink or lunch, and then did something with him. If so they could have told him of some reason for not parking the car in front------they didn't want anyone to see it parked there or didn't want to have to move it (forensics). Neighbors may be at church, out to lunch, or other recreational activities on a Sunday and did not see him approach the house. It would not have been for money, except if he owed someone a lot, I think. So what would be the reason: knowledge, woman, man, sexual encounter gone wrong? I want to know what was on that hard drive.

Just a note, I have seen that name of Seth Aboud before...but I can't remember just where and it is bugging me. I want to say it was like a relative listing on a search website, but can't put my finger on it. I don't think it was for a search re: Steven's case. Ughhhh. Stimeed.!!!

Now, for a little surprise, look on the addresses for Evening Lights, under the name of Arlene/Richard/Colleen L. May, Colleen is in her mid-30's, I'm "assuming" the name of Steven Budin, 42, also listed may have been a former interest. (NV & NY) Her address is unlisted in the white pages, and among her former addresses: Rancho Cordova and Fair Oaks, CA--within 20 miles of SACRAMENTO, CA.

Snipped a long post that one thing stood out to me. AM bolded above is the family/marriage counsellor that works out of the home on Evening Lights. Seeing Steven on the video made me think he had a specific place to go to for an appointment, and that it could be for some professional help.

-------------------

The Vegas theory is one that I wouldn't ignore. I would be going there and looking around and showing his picture to the homeless areas, and staking out the IHOP.

But how did he get back to Vegas? If my appointment theory is right... he should have left that appointment and walked back to his car and driven away.

-------------------

The Susan theory seems like a far stretch, but nobody here has any right to tell anyone else to drop that theory. If anyone can tie the 2 together, then I say sleuth away. I'd be happy to think that Steven is fine and helping someone else stay safe.

MOO

-------------------

eta: I have no intention of bailing on this case just because a family member feels the need to hold back one detail. Family has provided us with a lot of information we wouldn't normally have. I hope nobody actually leaves this thread because of it.

Interesting. I don't believe this is exactly how we thought it went down. Is it? And if Greg knew he couldn't be there, why didn't he call Steve before THAT DAY?

Well, I'm totally confused now. Did Paul actually call Steven are were there only two calls. One from Greg and the other from Seth---requested by Paul?

Last night after watching the surveillance video we noticed three things.

- When Steven drives past Evening Lights he hesitates for s split second, almost as though he sees the vehicle and/or person that he is meeting and then proceeds.

- When Steven gets past the house with the cameras, both he and the Toyota go more into the middle of the road instead of following on the right.

- When he gets to Evening Lights he crosses the street with purpose. He had a destination in sight.

- It appears as though he has his head lower when the Toyota drives by and then lifts it up once the Toyota passes. He NEVER acknowledges the Toyota.

Naegle,

Was there a car parked on the side of that house or a person walking there already that caused Steven to go more into the the middle of the road? Maybe somebody saw something that was walking right there.

Which was was his car parked? Did it follow the cul-de-sac the natural way...so the front would be facing Anthem? If it wasn't this would be curious that he left and parked facing the other way. This would show even more that he didn't want his face seen because facing the other way was a vacant field.

If he was just going to sign a contract I don't think he would have tried to hide his face from the Toyota. I definately feel that there was something that drew him to that street...a familiar car maybe that he saw when he drove by?

I would really like to know if Webb made it to church at all that day? He took the time to call Steven and see if he could be there for him, but he did not call the Bishop to say that he was not going to be there. This is more suspicious behavior.

Maybe they did not know what he was driving so they couldn't move his car or they knew about the cameras so they didn't want to take a chance. Steven may have parked there so they would not see his car. "They" being the person/people he was going to see.

The Susan theory seems like a far stretch, but nobody here has any right to tell anyone else to drop that theory. If anyone can tie the 2 together, then I say sleuth away. I'd be happy to think that Steven is fine and helping someone else stay safe.

MOO

I do not see any connection whatsoever between Steven Koecher and Susan Powell beyond the obvious items that they were LDS, from Utah and vanished around the same time.

SP was a Morman wife and mother in an admittedly strained marriage. SK was an unmarried Morman guy who from all accounts never had any serious long term relationship with a woman.

To suggest that SP would leave her children to hook up with a guy with no steady job, who can't pay his rent and has no track record of a stable relationship is preposterous. If true, then you have two lovers, without jobs, without a home, embraced arm in arm but wandering the west. How? His car was left behind. How would SP be getting around?

In my opinion tying the two together detracts from the credibility of this website. It is true that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. However, the chances of these two becoming star-crossed lovers are absurdly slim.

I'm new on here as far as being a registered user but I have been following this case for a while now & have read the entire first thread & this new thread - many of my thoughts have been brought to light by others. I'm impressed & very delighted to see a forum where ideas can be thrown around.

One thing I thought about that hasn't been talked about for a while.
The mesquite & Kmart deal- okay just a thought are the times taken off of receipts or bank statements - if bank statements- sometimes activity/time is delayed until the transaction has gone through - My point is that maybe he went to Kmart then on his travels & stopped in Mesquite & the time stamps may be off if transactions were delayed. Just a thought from watching my bank account obsessively.
You all are wonderful & I'm glad you are on here KC

Snipped a long post that one thing stood out to me. AM bolded above is the family/marriage counsellor that works out of the home on Evening Lights. Seeing Steven on the video made me think he had a specific place to go to for an appointment, and that it could be for some professional help.

This is interesting, if he were to visit a family/marriage counselor I wonder how much information they would even be able to release. I know typically, without a signed authorization to release information, they can't even tell anyone that someone is their client or has been there.

I'm sure that could change if their client were to end up missing and is feared to be endangered, I'm just not sure what it would take to get that information from them. The police?

Oh another thought I had - I don't see a connection with the SP case - yes anything is possible, but the volume of LDS in UT is hard to understand. okay for example: in my moms 1mile square block there are 5 wards & some have to go to a separate building because that one building can't occomadate that many people - meaning that we rarely crossed paths with even some of our neighbors just 2 or 3 streets over from us. This is the case in many areas of UT.

I'm new on here as far as being a registered user but I have been following this case for a while now & have read the entire first thread & this new thread - many of my thoughts have been brought to light by others. I'm impressed & very delighted to see a forum where ideas can be thrown around.

One thing I thought about that hasn't been talked about for a while.
The mesquite & Kmart deal- okay just a thought are the times taken off of receipts or bank statements - if bank statements- sometimes activity/time is delayed until the transaction has gone through - My point is that maybe he went to Kmart then on his travels & stopped in Mesquite & the time stamps may be off if transactions were delayed. Just a thought from watching my bank account obsessively.
You all are wonderful & I'm glad you are on here KC

Welcome, NotNosey! The Mesquite/K-Mart thing has thrown me, as well. I think the K-Mart transaction can be definitely pinned down, because (I think) he was seen on camera there. I watch my bank transactions like a hawk too, and it seems on my statements that gas stations are the worst offenders when it comes to posting transactions a few days after the fact.

Schizophrenia is exactly what I thought about that person as well. I have a family member with this and it sounds exactly like him when he is not taking meds correctly. I don't think this would be a good match for Steven, if there have been no previous signs of it in his life.

I'm wondering if all the road trips he'd been taking were connected to a pending break. We've been trying to figure out why he took that unannounced trip to see Annemarie. Maybe it's just this simple?

Guys - I don't recall seeing a missing persons poster for Steven. Is there one? I'd like to take a few with me when I go out and about today. Will definitely leave one at that IHOP.

This is interesting, if he were to visit a family/marriage counselor I wonder how much information they would even be able to release. I know typically, without a signed authorization to release information, they can't even tell anyone that someone is their client or has been there.

I'm sure that could change if their client were to end up missing and is feared to be endangered, I'm just not sure what it would take to get that information from them. The police?

Surely they would have been able to reveal, at the very least, that he HAD been there when LE and Steven's family were canvassing the neighborhood?

I noticed that Naegle mentioned when asked about Steven's mental health or "age" that ADD could be possible but has never been diagnosed.

As an adult with add, some of his actions which may have seemed strange don't really seem that way to me...
My car looks like I live in it, always. There have been times where I have shown up to things and purposefully parked a little further away to lessen the chances of people seeing me get out of my messy car. Maybe he had an appointment for a job and wanted to make a good impression. Maybe he wanted to portray an image of a successful business man and felt like his car didn't really fit into the image he was going for. I know that doesn't explain him not coming back to the car, but I think it could be one of his reasons for parking further away from where he was going.

I also wonder about the driving thing. Often times when I try and go to sleep all of the things that are stressing me out flood into my head all at once. It can really start to snowball and take a toll on you. ADD can really make you feel like you suck at life and it's easy to get really frustrated with yourself and depressed. Especially when you know you are an intelligent person but aren't "living up to your potential". There have been times where I've just had to get out of the house and have gone for a drive to try and keep my mind off of things. Even though you're still going to be stressed out and thinking about these things, there are a lot of distractions out there on the road. It helps.

Just a quick add on to other suspicional thoughts. I know Laytonian will sqinch at this:innocent:, but, I am keeping my mind open to a connection to the Susan Powell case. Why? Besides the fact they went missing within a week of each other, he had lived in West Valley City and worked in SLC, and he was a devout Mormon--- Steven began to act very strange on the 8th of Dec, the day Susan's disappearance became public. His trip to Annmarie's in NV, etc, etc, until the day of his disappearance in which he stated he would not be back for church that day, nor for the basketball game---a few days later. He knew then, he wasn't coming back----for how long tho?
I disagree that Steven would not "help" a married women with toddlers or pass on the thought that he could have more intimate feelings for her. She was a devout Mormon also, 28, cute, petite, outgoing, fun and very logical. She would have been attracted to Steven for his involvement w/the church; something she wanted from her (ugh) husband, who she was reportedly afraid of and thinking about divorcing. There are some that think Josh(husband) and his father made her disappear---the father was anti-Mormon, well to do, with another son w/politico/military ties. The husband was gone for 16-18 hrs riding around the time period of her disappearance--3 days later, after police took his van for a search, he rented a vehicle and put a couple more hundred miles and many hours under his belt. A lot of driving---like Steven.

Must comment...Laytonian, your posts are very interesting and thought provoking. I don't know how familiar you are with the SP case, but if you are not, I sure would like for you to take a look at it. Have seen your other posts around also. :cool:

Welcome hollyblue! Great to have you and your thoughts here!

Believe me, I would love nothing more than to believe that Susan and Steven are madly in love and somewhere safe and well together. I have been following Susan's case closely as well. The ONLY thing about this theory that I just can't buy into is that I honestly don't believe Susan would have left her precious boys willingly. That's JMO.

Surely they would have been able to reveal, at the very least, that he HAD been there when LE and Steven's family were canvassing the neighborhood?

I think they could maybe tell LE, but I'm not sure if they could tell his family. Especially if the counselor knew where he was and that he was safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro