NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah Naegle,
You wrote that ONE piece of information is being withheld. You wrote :Yes, it's important,Yes it would generate more ideas. When asked if you could answer our questions you wrote : Yes, besides the ONE I am doing my best to ignore. "
So, is the ONE question from someone here the same ONE that is being deliberately withheld ? Can you please tell me that ?
I have gone back through these threads, and I * think * I know what the piece of information might be .... If I'm correct it really does change everything, and also makes me somewhat less optimistic.
In the interview with Steven's dad, he stated that LE in both St.George and Vegas did not take this seriously at first.Then they did. I would think they took it seriously AFTER they got the missing piece of information. Correct ?
I really,really do not believe Steven flew to Brazil. That information would be so easy to obtain, and one of the first things LE could check out.

Oh dear - I think I may be forming an idea here - which may very well mean that I'll be wasting my time today. HOWEVER, if I'm on the right track, I still feel this could have gone one of two ways, and I'm going with the more positive possible outcome.

Does anyone know if any ground searches are planned for the Vegas/Henderson area today?

Oh, man.

(Running away, with my hair on fire.)

Thank you laytonian for taking the time to create that time line. It's extremely helpful and we really appreciate it.
I apologize for not thanking you earlier. I generally lurk in between chasing the kids around the house and don't post as often as I'd like. I don't want you to think it's unnoticed or unappreciated after all of that hard work.

Oh dear - I think I may be forming an idea here - which may very well mean that I'll be wasting my time today. HOWEVER, if I'm on the right track, I still feel this could have gone one of two ways, and I'm going with the more positive possible outcome.

Does anyone know if any ground searches are planned for the Vegas/Henderson area today?

I don't know how to send you a private message -- when I click on your screen name, I just see private messages you've exchanged with other people! (You might want to change that?)

How do we communicate privately?

I do not believe that the missing piece of information is that Steven took his birth certificate, passport etc. with him. Steven's dad said that at first LE did not take this seriously.Then, they must have been given another piece of information,because suddely they searched with dogs, and helicopters. No,if LE had been told that Steven took his documents with him, they would have taken his disappearance even less seriously. Just something to think about .... We can find the missing piece of info by a process of elimination.

I'm very familiar with the Powell case, and see no reason to connect them.

I also see no connection between the names in the other post, and the Koecher disappearance. Playing "six degrees of separation" and finding it suspicious that someone who lives in Vegas is linked to someone in Sacramento, is also going to find millions of other people suspicious (because they'll have the same link).

I think we could narrow down that calculation on the May connection from all peope in the Vegas area to one street in a suburb just by Steven's actions alone. Although I do believe there are more commonalities with the SP case than the May's finding, there could be a vague chance of tying the two together.

I do not believe that the missing piece of information is that Steven took his birth certificate, passport etc. with him. Steven's dad said that at first LE did not take this seriously.Then, they must have been given another piece of information,because suddely they searched with dogs, and helicopters. No,if LE had been told that Steven took his documents with him, they would have taken his disappearance even less seriously. Just something to think about .... We can find the missing piece of info by a process of elimination.

Agreed. It's something else. Still processing and eliminating. ;)

----------------

The May connection was the first thing I found. I don't think it has anything to do with Susan though.

I think we could narrow down that calculation on the May connection from all peope in the Vegas area to one street in a suburb just by Steven's actions alone. Although I do believe there are more commonalities with the SP case than the May's finding, there could be a vague chance of tying the two together.

I'm sorry, I still don't understand. Someone on that street has a name that, when you Google, is similar to someone's name that links to someone with a link to Sacramento? Did I get that right?

I think I'd link to Sacramento, in that case ;)

This reminds me of the time that I was in line to buy Utah Jazz tickets.
The woman in front of me, was buying two tickets for her father as his birthday present.
She was pleading with the ticket seller, to arrange to have her father's birthday announced over the PA system during the game.
It went on and on and on.
Finally, I pulled my calcualtor out of my purse and said "There's 19,100 seats in the Delta Center, and 365 days in a year. There's probably 52 people having their birthday on that same day! They can't announce all of them."
The woman just looked at me, said "oh" and walked away.
The ticket seller said "We'd never thought of that!" and wrote a note ;)

See....if you try to make two pieces of information connect, you can *always* do it, if you try hard enough.

I agree. And if it's along the lines of what I'm thinking, it is best not to share it here.

I don't know how to send you a private message -- when I click on your screen name, I just see private messages you've exchanged with other people! (You might want to change that?)

How do we communicate privately?

I sent you a PM.

Remeber, Naegle told us that :

1. Steven was NOT taking any kind of prescribed medication when he disappeared.

2. He had never been diagnosed with any kind of mental illness.

3.No one has indicated that he had ever had any psychological disturbances .

So, you're saying that someone who would put money away "for herself and her children" would leave her children with someone who's "mentally abusive and controlling"?

I'm sorry. I always have to apologize for being so detail-oriented. I'm not picking at you, I just don't see the logic.

In my last sentence, I stated that I believe she was at the point of leaving WITH her children. Don't apologize, I'm very detailed oriented. LOL

Fairy,
I'm not planning on sharing it with anyone.

Remeber, Naegle told us that :

1. Steven was NOT taking any kind of prescribed medication when he disappeared.

2. He had never been diagnosed with any kind of mental illness.

3.No one has indicated that he had ever had any psychological disturbances .

That doesn't mean that they weren't there. It just means that no one was aware of any mental health issues. If he's a grown man living alone it wouldn't be too hard for those things to go unnoticed. Sometimes people get so used to putting up a front and pretending that everything is okay that most people have no idea what's going on.

There are some people in my life that can tell no matter how hard I try when I'm depressed. I tend to avoid these people when I'm feeling down so I don't have to deal with the probing questions. Was Steven recently avoiding people that knew him this well?

Naegle stated that Steven was a " little down " before he disappeared, and his mom confirmed that too. But, the important thing is that they felt that it was because of being unemployed in a lousy economy. Might not be the same thing as the kind of depression that just comes out of nowhere ; the kind that causes real problems for people ?

Ya'll - I'm going to take Steven's posters and check out the IHOP and surrounding area. Please wish me luck - mostly because I really want to find Steven today. But also because I hate IHOP! I'm 100% a Denny's girl.

I will check back in later...​

Snipped from Laytonian:
See....if you try to make two pieces of information connect, you can *always* do it, if you try hard enough.

Then we shouldn't have any problem solving this case, eh.
Unless, we throw in the other million pieces with it.

Ya'll - I'm going to take Steven's posters and check out the IHOP and surrounding area. Please wish me luck - mostly because I really want to find Steven today. But also because I hate IHOP! I'm 100% a Denny's girl.

I will check back in later...​

Sounds Fabulous Fairy1! Be careful and drive safely!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro