NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's how the 12th works out in my mind too. One detail that bugs me: if he went back home after Kmart, which I think he did, then why didn't he take the gifts out of the car and leave them in the house if he knew he was coming back to St. George before Christmas? Not a major issue, but it's what I would have done.

Maybe he left them in the car (the trunk?) because he thought he'd be driving them back to SLC, so there's no use bringing them back and forth?

Ok, thats great. We can pinpoint an exact time.

Should we call the store and briefly explain why we are calling, and ask to speak to Asset Protection or Loss Prevention? Then ask what the procedure is for video tapes and tape review. Does one need to be law enforcement, etc? I'm on the east coast so its 10:22pm here. I'm sure that store is still open.
Has Naegle mentioned any contact with that Kmart?
Is this the correct one?
Kmart
745 S Bluff
ST George, UT 84770
Phone Number:
(801) 628-4201

Steven wasn't paying his rent but he was traveling. That tells me that he had money to do one of two things either pay his rent in hopes to find a job in St George but he hadn't had luck with that or invest that money in travels to find a job else where.
(snip)
I pray he is found safely!

Don't forget that he had unused money, too.
He saw his grandmother at the Shakespeare Fest, and that was between 2 July and 5 Sep. She game him a check, he did not cash it.
His mother sent/deposited money, and he didn't use it.

Naegle said there was money that Steven's Mom had deposited to his account, but he hadn't used that money.

Would Naegle volunteer the balance in Steven's account (minus Mom's money)?

I am not stating this as my own opinion. I'm not sure what I think about Steven's circumstances yet.

I came across an article from this past July in St. George. I'm posting it because it might be important.

Heroin on the rise in St. George
Dealers in St. George will drive two hours to Las Vegas to buy heroin from a distributor or will meet a distributor between the two cities... a lot a trips of small quantities.

http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_12819115

Overton is not far from Mesquite - or Las Vegas. But there really is no obvious reason to go there. It's a small, rural kind of farming community. The county fair is held there - in April.

I am not stating this as my own opinion. I'm not sure what I think about Steven's circumstances yet.

I came across an article from this past July in St. George. I'm posting it because it might be important.

Heroin on the rise in St. George
Dealers in St. George will drive two hours to Las Vegas to buy heroin from a distributor or will meet a distributor between the two cities... a lot a trips of small quantities.

http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_12819115

while interesting, Steven's car was sniffed by drug detecting dogs and it was clean.

Ugh, so many unanswered questions.

Was Z using Steven's phone?
Did anyone contact any of the known places he was (taco,kmart,fuel) to see if they had video?
Was he in his own car? Was he alone?
What did he buy exactly?
If these are paper receipts then they are time-stamped, no?

Did anyone contact any of the known places he was (taco,kmart,fuel) to see if they had video?
What did he buy exactly?

Not all are paper receipts; some are only known from the bank statement (and there's an obvious but unknown delay).
I've accounted for all but three of the purchases, and just finished adding them to the timeline.

The problem with security video, is that it's been well over a month now.

while interesting, Steven's car was sniffed by drug detecting dogs and it was clean.

But what if it had contained well-packaged drugs, and they were no longer there?

What if the car had contained ingredients only?

What did he buy exactly?

What are you thinking?

I really don't see JZ as a factor here. Course, I could be off on that, but I really don't think so.

Ok, thats great. We can pinpoint an exact time.

Should we call the store and briefly explain why we are calling, and ask to speak to Asset Protection or Loss Prevention? Then ask what the procedure is for video tapes and tape review. Does one need to be law enforcement, etc? I'm on the east coast so its 10:22pm here. I'm sure that store is still open.
Has Naegle mentioned any contact with that Kmart?
Is this the correct one?
Kmart
745 S Bluff
ST George, UT 84770
Phone Number:
(801) 628-4201

I doubt K-mart would give it up, without a subpoena -- and since it's been over 30 days, it's either already been reviewed or probably gone.

On Dec 11th at 3:00 Steven is in St. George. On the 12th he is in Mesquite. He is back in St. George on the 12th. At 8:00 he shops at Kmart, and at 10:30 he is home for 20-30 minutes. He bought gas while he was in Mesquite at 4:00, and his cell phone pinged off the tower in Overton. Overton is on the way to Henderson and Vegas.

Did he drive all the way to Henderson/Vegas on the 12th and then come back home? And then go back again to Henderson on the 13th?

Here's how I see the 12th. His cell phone pinged off the Overton tower. He got gas in Mesquite at 4:00. He went to Kmart at 8:00. At 10:30 he is home. That tells me he drove back from Henderson/Vegas on the 12th (probably after driving there that morning).

-----------------

Oh, and Happy Birthday Dreamweaver.

This has been my theory since shortly after I made the first map but didnt have any info to back it up. Now I do. The new map will reflect this. Unfortunately, it raises even more questions about his travels.

Here's how I see the 12th. His cell phone pinged off the Overton tower. He got gas in Mesquite at 4:00. He went to Kmart at 8:00. At 10:30 he is home. That tells me he drove back from Henderson/Vegas on the 12th (probably after driving there that morning)

I've played with the timeline for the last hour or two (sigh)....and that's how I see it, also.

I also separated his 10pm arrival and leaving again, into two separate events.

I put the times in bold, to show where they occurred....

Take a look.

This has been my theory since shortly after I made the first map but didnt have any info to back it up. Now I do. The new map will reflect this. Unfortunately, it raises even more questions about his travels.

It'd be a pretty straightforward trip: South on I-15 and back north again, at least as far as the Overton exit. Whether he went all the way to Vegas on the 12th, we don't know.

Z lived with him. Basically Z was the closest person actually to him physically. Steven had no obvious means of communicationg from anything "he" owned. Did he use Z's phone? Did Z use Steven's phone? Who did either one call and why?

There has to be some connection/communication between Steven and Evening Lights....every stone must be overturned, even the little ones. I know these questions seem trivial, but obviously something is being overlooked somewhere.

Naegle, were video tapes reviewed? I mean what if the tapes show Steven getting a prescription filled under an alias at Kmart for all we know.

Which receipts are actual paper receipts?

Z lived with him. Basically Z was the closest person actually to him physically. Steven had no obvious means of communicationg from anything "he" owned. Did he use Z's phone? Did Z use Steven's phone? Who did either one call and why?

There has to be some connection/communication between Steven and Evening Lights....every stone must be overturned, even the little ones. I know these questions seem trivial, but obviously something is being overlooked somewhere.

Naegle, were video tapes reviewed? I mean what if the tapes show Steven getting a prescription filled under an alias at Kmart for all we know.

Which receipts are actual paper receipts?

The ones I show on the timeline with the word "Receipt:"

I don't understand what you mean, when you say "Steven had no obvious means of communicating from anything *he* owned."
Steven had his own cellphone, he owned a laptop and the landlady says he could access an open wifi network just outside the door, wifi's everywhere.

How could anyone ever really tell, who talked on the phone when a call was made?

Everyone's focusing on Evening Lights, yet it is part of a loop that continues around under two different names. (I have a link on the timeline -- the map.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine