NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fairy, I agree about the boys. In the doc, one of the boys who ran away tries repeatedy to get his sister out, but her family, including their father and sister, come after her again and again.

I acknowledge this as a long shot, but I can't get the possibility out of my mind now.

Fairy, I agree about the boys. In the doc, one of the boys who ran away tries repeatedy to get his sister out, but her family, including their father and sister, come after her again and again.

I acknowledge this as a long shot, but I can't get the possibility out of my mind now.

I will have to be on the lookout for that documentary. The plight of the Lost Boys is tragic to me and breaks my heart. But I do wonder why the boy you speak of is attempting to "rescue" only one sister. He probably has many. That gives me pause. Notice though, how they come only for her?

What a sad world they live in. I don't know how Steven would have played into that, but you never know. He is said to be a compassionate soul.

i feel as if the police don't really care to solve this case. it's so sad. but there has to be more to this than anyone seems to care about uncovering.

i feel as if the police don't really care to solve this case. it's so sad. but there has to be more to this than anyone seems to care about uncovering.

Police isn't the only agency involved in this case not wanting to solve it.

Mario, maybe I've missed something; if so, sorry! Do you mind being more explicit about to whom you're referring? Thanks.

It often comes up on this thread that LE musn't be very interested in this case or not doing anything. However, I wonder how much it just seems that way to us because we aren't privy to what they are doing? Perhaps they are, indeed, actively following leads/hunches and just aren't able to share anything publicly right now?

It sure would be nice to know because if they truly aren't doing anything on it, one has to wonder if they've retreated back to the original thought that he must have "disappeared himself" so to speak based on something they turned up evidence-wise.

For the new people here, (I am not one of them) this case needs you Start from the begining, and maybe start with who SK knew. Who he worked for. Who he worked with. Who his friends were. Who he worked with in his church calling. Who he lived by. Don't you think that is what you should start with? I would like to see new ideas instead of talking about the police not doing their job (St. George and Henderson police) Maybe starting from the beginning, his neighborhood, his job, friends, will lead to something new.
I do enjoy reading the new thoughts.

We know that there was never any sign of foul play. In fact, there STILL is no sign of foul play - other than the family/friends saying it is out of character for Steven to walk away. People say that all the time and it's not always true. Then again, NEVER has there been any trail pointing revealed as to why he was in the Vegas/Henderson area which, in and of itself, is suspicious to ME.

Honestly, I think every possible theory has been floated here, yet Steven is still missing. What has yet to be investigated is out of our hands. LE needs to step up and look deeper into what is known. Whether they will or not remains to be seen.

I do believe the answers are already there, they just need to be flushed out. For all we know, they are being flushed out.

Frustrating.

We know that there was never any sign of foul play. In fact, there STILL is no sign of foul play - other than the family/friends saying it is out of character for Steven to walk away. People say that all the time and it's not always true. Then again, NEVER has there been any trail pointing revealed as to why he was in the Vegas/Henderson area which, in and of itself, is suspicious to ME.

Honestly, I think every possible theory has been floated here, yet Steven is still missing. What has yet to be investigated is out of our hands. LE needs to step up and look deeper into what is known. Whether they will or not remains to be seen.

I do believe the answers are already there, they just need to be flushed out. For all we know, they are being flushed out.

Frustrating.

Well said and I couldn't agree more!

Laytonian posted on another thread back in March that scattered bones were found around Lake Mead early this year, near Las Vegas Bay. Does anyone know what came of those bones, and where they were found? Thanks.

Hmmm. I'd forgotten about those bones! I do recall that some bones were being studied as a possible match. I'll go back and see if I can remember where/exactly when they were found. Anyone else here know anything about those bones?

Still waiting for results on the remains found near Southern Highlands as well. :(

Still waiting for results on the remains found near Southern Highlands as well. :(

Thanks for the reply. So, the two sets of bones are in line for DNA testing, or have they already been tested and we're waiting for a match? I know my questioning may be annoying, but I always strive for more details.

Thanks for the reply. So, the two sets of bones are in line for DNA testing, or have they already been tested and we're waiting for a match? I know my questioning may be annoying, but I always strive for more details.

I can't find any indication as to whether they've been tested or are waiting to be tested. Neither of these have been entered into IdentifyUs.

There was another set of remains found out near Pahrump - close to the California border, IIRC. I can't find any updates on those either.

It CAN take a loooooooong time for DNA results to come in. When only partial remains are found and no dental comparison is possible, DNA is the only option.

More frustration. :banghead:

Your questions are not annoying. The circumstances of this case (and so many others) are annoying.

I can't find any indication as to whether they've been tested or are waiting to be tested. Neither of these have been entered into IdentifyUs.

There was another set of remains found out near Pahrump - close to the California border, IIRC. I can't find any updates on those either.

It CAN take a loooooooong time for DNA results to come in. When only partial remains are found and no dental comparison is possible, DNA is the only option.

More frustration. :banghead:

Your questions are not annoying. The circumstances of this case (and so many others) are annoying.

Hmmmm... thank you. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what comes of those.

Would Mr. Koecher's DNA be on file, since he is missing? And if his DNA was not obtainable, is the parental DNA in the system?

Hmmmm... thank you. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what comes of those.

Would Mr. Koecher's DNA be on file, since he is missing? And if his DNA was not obtainable, is the parental DNA in the system?

According to NamUs.org, DNA has been submitted but the tests are not complete. I find that very difficult to believe and I really don't believe it's true. But that's just my opinion. His dentals are available.

If we could only have the team that had Bin Laden's DNA results in less than 24 hours working missing persons cases, maybe we could get something accomplished!

Grrrrrr.

Do we know where in Las Vegas Bay where those remains located?

Tis here somewhere. Honestly, the Southern Highlands remains are much more intriguing to me.

You believe the Southern Highlands' remains have a greater chance on being Steven's than the ones in Las Vegas Bay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman