NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumping for Steven

I tend to think Steven had some sort of lead for job when he went to the house in Henderson. I think something happened at the residence he visited. JMO. I hope this case will one day soon be solved and his family gets the answers they deserve.

Anyone else watching 90 Day fiancé and thinking of Steven during every scene involving Alan?

Impatient to find out what happened to this nice man!

Dallin Koecher just posted this on the Help Us Find Steven Koecher Facebook page.

"Hey everybody, thanks for the support through all the years. Just wanted to let you know the Nevada Missing Persons - Red Rock Search and Rescue team has decided to look into this case. We are always grateful for anyone who helps us in this effort."

I think about Steven and his family all the time. I wonder what he'd be doing right now if he had not disappeared... What his life would be like.
Hoping for a miracle but I'd settle for answers for his family. Where are you Steven? We haven't given up and I'm thankful the Nevada Missing Persons - Red Rock Search and Rescue Team is going to look into the case.

I wish there was more we could do.

Dallin Koecher just posted this on the Help Us Find Steven Koecher Facebook page.

"Hey everybody, thanks for the support through all the years. Just wanted to let you know the Nevada Missing Persons - Red Rock Search and Rescue team has decided to look into this case. We are always grateful for anyone who helps us in this effort."

Red Rock searchers were diligent and persistent in looking for Keith until they located his remains (Found Deceased NV - Keith Goldberg, 54, Las Vegas Valley, 31 January 2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community). Hopefully they will help Steven's family.

Just watched the Disappeared episode about Steven. My initial feeling is that he was in that neighborhood for an appointment, and met with foul play at the address he went to.
He parked in that cul-de-sac, and his final destination was one of the nearby homes.
I will be reading through the thread tonight, but my first thought is whether LE has searched/interviewed the households in that section of the development.
Understanding that search warrants may be necessary, I would think many of the dwellings have not been thoroughly examined.
Steven met his demise IMHO at a location nearby, walking distance from his last known sighting in the video surveillance tape.

What his motive was for being at that location is not immediately apparent to me, but I will read and repost my thoughts later!
Somebody knows something here, and my belief is that Steven sadly met with an individual or individuals that either put him in a compromising situation or had full intent to harm him, and they used a home/dwelling nearby for the scene.
I am quite certain the perps are no longer using the house in that area, but neighbors may hold some information about the goings on in that neighborhood around the time of his disappearance.

Just watched the Disappeared episode about Steven. My initial feeling is that he was in that neighborhood for an appointment, and met with foul play at the address he went to.
He parked in that cul-de-sac, and his final destination was one of the nearby homes.
I will be reading through the thread tonight, but my first thought is whether LE has searched/interviewed the households in that section of the development.
Understanding that search warrants may be necessary, I would think many of the dwellings have not been thoroughly examined.
Steven met his demise IMHO at a location nearby, walking distance from his last known sighting in the video surveillance tape.

My thoughts exactly. The answer lies in one of the houses nearby.

I've not posted in a long time here. There's been speculation since his disappearance that Steven may have just walked away from his life. I suppose that is possible, but going totally off the grid is a pretty hard thing to do as it's not cheap and Steven was broke. Unless he joined up with some weird cult and left his life behind. Again that's a very unlikely scenario. But it's possible.

If the police did find him and he didn't want to be found the police would respect his wishes and not tell the family that they found him as walking away from his life is not against the law as an adult. One man by the name of John Riggs claims he saw Steven Koecher but after corresponding with Mr. Riggs over a period of time, I am positive that Mr. Riggs never saw Steven Koecher and is either making it up for attention, or saw someone who resembled Steven and has convinced himself it was Steven Koecher. I tend toward the first reason as having corresponded with him at length.

There's been no activity on Steven Koecher's credit bureau, credit cards and my understanding are that these things are checked periodically.

Is it possible he walked away? I suppose so as anything is possible but not probable.

Finally the one thing that the police would do if they had spoken to Mr. Koecher would be to delete their case from the NCIC and from what I can tell his case is still open.

I was under the impression that if LE located someone who merely walked away, they would let the family know that the person is ok. Tim Carney disappeared. He was considered a missing person, had an episode of Disappeared, and his family was searching for him. Turns out he joined a cult. When he was located alive, LE told his family. His location was not disclosed per his wishes. He was removed from missing persons sites and lists.
If LE knew Steven was alive there would let everyone know. They would respect his wishes if he wanted privacy, but he would not still be listed as missing.

After reading everything on this case, I think that SK received the call from his father about the rent and that the embarrassment and frustration of his dad finding out about his bleak financial status at the time spurned him into almost desperation to get a job and to make some money.

I think he drove to the parents of the girl he didn't know well thinking that one of the parents might be able to offer a job or a lead to a job (maybe one of the parents was a manager at a company or owned their own business etc).

I think it's also possible that SK had taken a door to door sales job that may have paid him commission only (more you sell tiger, more you make) and that he may have gone to all of the places he did to trying to make as much money as possible in the shortest time as possible (ie coming back to his house then leaving again shortly after) to get the three month past due rent monkey off his back. Alot of those type of jobs are cash paid so there would not necessarily be anything tying him to that job.

The place he parked his car was a retirement community--maybe he was selling something aimed at an older client base. Also, it would make since it go try to make sales on the weekend bc there's a higher probability that the bread winners would be home. The folder he was carrying could have brochures, order forms etc.

I think either an accident happened, like he was hit by car (somewhat unlikely since no one heard or saw anything but not impossible) or he went to the wrong persons house.

The only thing that bothers me is the ping the next day. I wonder if VM was actually listened to and if his VM was password protected. The perp could have been either trying to delete a Message from themselves or checking to see if anyone noticed SK was missing yet since a full night had passed.

I'm so frustrated with this case, although not nearly as frustrated as those who have spent countless hours over the years.

Out of the 21 threads on here I have not seen one solid lead or a shred of evidence that points to what happened to SK. Not much more, if anything, is known about this case than what was known in basically the first month after SKs disappearance. How is that possible??

Why have there not been more searches, more investigating, more urgency on the part of LE and the family?

It seems like there would be almost no chance for SK, who had no financial resources and no access to the type of connections that would be needed for him to create a new identity, to have been gone for this long with no traceable activity.

What could have happened here?

I have connections to Northern Nevada and have been following the story of the Humboldt County, Nevada (Winnemucca area) Sheriff's Office and their cash seizure program. Opinions may vary on if the program is warranted or not, but the general procedure of the SO has been 1) pull over vehicles from out of state on the interstate (I-80) 2) quasi-legally search the car or have a drug dog sniff the car and find reason to search 3) find cash, then seize it due to suspicion the money was related to drugs. The officers (one in particular who's taking the brunt of the criticism) often pressured those they pulled over to abandon their cash in order to be free to go instead of writing them a ticket, which means they'd have to go to court. Here's some links:

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/25379303/i-team-i-80-cash-seizures-by-police-raise-questions

http://silverpinyon.com/index.php/criminal-justice/court-proceedings/3788-class-action-lawsuit-expected-to-be-filed-today-over-humboldt-countys-highway-interdiction-program

From what I remember of Steven's travels, I think he would have gone through Winnemucca? This is one of those wild shots in the dark - but if he was carrying money for someone and it got seized, what could that drive Steven to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman