NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm usually pretty aware of surveillance cameras in public places, but I honestly couldn't tell you if any my neighbors had them! Then again, I have nothing to hide, so I don't care.

There is nothing compelling that tells me he was trying to avoid parking in front of someone's house. I think he was told to park there...I think someone wanted him on those cameras as "proof" and when they are connected to Steven - especially if they had no idea how secretive he had been being, they will point out that he came there with a purpose and willfully. OR, maybe they even were afraid of him (and whoever else they had coming to their house), and they wanted the people on camera. They never moved the car b/c maybe themselves were not even aware that Steven had been met with harm and/or were just scared and didn't want to get in deeper.

It's possible that Steven went to a house there, left with someone, and something happened somewhere else, and that person/place was just an "event" driven meeting location. This might explain the new Vegas location when the voice mail was checked.

Knowing that the cameras were visible, and thinking of my neighbors, I think the cameras were "used" or played/will play a role when there is finally some discovery...and I mean above and beyond just "happenstance".

Seeing the pictures...the location of the car and "the walk" to EL appears so deliberate.

Jan 30:

Q: Does the family know if there was a password to check the voicemail or if the cell could auto-dial the voicemail if somebody else had the cell phone?

A: No, we don't.

Q: Since he moved to St George, did Steven mention he had dated anyone?

A: Not that he mentioned to Naegle.

Well pick up the phone and dial the number and see what happens. If you don't have to enter a password then it won't be too helpful, unless that number has never been on his phone before. If there were still new messages on the phone from before the number was dialed...then it was probably not Steven that called from the phone and for some reason someone wanted to try and get into his voicemail. Or maybe that number was dialed to access voicemail on another phone.

If his phone normally dials his own number or he has never called his voicemail that way, this would be a pretty good indication to LE that someone with AT&T voicemail could be involved. Who was GW's carrier? Who on EL uses AT&T? There are clues all over...you just have to use them. Appalled...in full disclosure, I use Sprint/Nextel.

Laytonian,
Great work, that you did that ! You're right, I would think most gays do go out quite a bit..You know, I'll bet someone really could have spotted something i.e. Steven with someone in a club or at a party..... I wonder if LE has even considered this.Probably not,because IIRC Steven's family and friends -- especially BigTexasTom -- did not think he was gay. I'm wondering if any forum members who think of Steven as being gay have any leads or feelers out in the gay community in Vegas,or maybe even St.George ? IMHO this could be very important,because it may have been overlooked.

Steven is not frequenting the clubs, gay or straight. He is flat broke.

Now the person he is keeping company with might be generous with cash and they might go out, however, I don't think he is living in Vegas. Just a hunch, no facts to back it up. I have always felt SCA was a location chosen by the other one for Steven to leave his car and get into a waiting vehicle. Then together they got out of town.

Concerned, if you mean the real estate person in the White SUV (I think it was an Expedition), yes, that person would have been in perfect position to see everything on Evening Lights. Looking to the left from where that SUV stopped, the driver would get a perfect view of the entire stretch of Evening Lights. I wonder what the driver of the SUV said in the interview?

And if the driver says he/she didn't see anything it is a LITTLE hard to believe. I mean, some people are truly clueless and only concerned with their own tasks at hand. I guess we have to believe whatever the driver says but that person could have seen EVERYTHING. And from the actions of the police and the family, I am lead to believe the driver of the SUV saw nothing.

I thought LE ascertained the identity of the person driving the SUV, he or she was a realtor who I think was doing an open house at noon that day.

If I'm a realtor about to set up shop, the last thing on my mind is somebody walking in the opposite direction on the streets.

I thought LE ascertained the identity of the person driving the SUV, he or she was a realtor who I think was doing an open house at noon that day.

If I'm a realtor about to set up shop, the last thing on my mind is somebody walking in the opposite direction on the streets.

imo If I were a Realtor having an open house I would be very aware of any person walking in the vicinity of the open house.....especially a person that had parked at the end of a cul-de-sac and was walking away from his car. Wouldn't yell out "Hey, you looking for the Open House" but would sure as heck notice one lone man on my Open House street lol.

FastEddy's thoughts on shaving and eating confirm me in my suspicion that that's not Steven on the video. I know that puts me very much in the minority, but it just looks like a much thinner, less athletic, and possibly not quite so tall person wearing Steven's clothes and trying to walk like him. There's something ever so slightly artificial about his stride -- stiff.

I think he "went missing" shortly after he left his house in St. George and somebody else took his car to Las Vegas to dispose of it, making sure it was in a place to be found and making sure to look like him on the video. Which would mean "they" (I have no opinion yet on whether Steven is a victim or part of the "conspiracy") wanted people to think he disappeared at a different time and place than what really happened.

The most obvious explanation would be that somebody or somebodies killed him and wanted to make it look like he was still alive, but I'm not sure I buy that.

I had a dream about steven last night. Completely irrelevant i know, guess ive just been thinking so much about the case.

I woke up thinking about the timeline. let me break down my thoughts:

Sun Dec 13

Las Vegas, NV area 7:57am- President Greg Webb calls Counselor Koecher, telling him that he's in Vegas and asks Steven to attend the 11:00am PEC meeting at the ward. Steven says he's in Vegas, but would attend if needed. Webb says he's enroute to St George himself, so will cover it himself. (Source: KCN/phone records/Webb/Doxey)

Las Vegas, NV area 9:47am- Receives call from Clerk Seth Abboud, asking Steven (due to officiate at the 1:00pm church service?) to announce 16 Dec basketball. Steven says he can't, because he's in Vegas.

St George, UT 10:15am- Bloomington Hills 7th Ward, 1130 East Brigham Rd: @11:10am, Webb hasn't yet arrived at the PEC meeting, so the Bishop asks Clerk Abboud to call Counselor Koecher to see if he could attend (thinking pre-arranged?). "As far as we know, that was the last time anyone talked to Steve. He said that he couldn't make it to the meeting as he was in Vegas and couldn't get back in time." (Source: PD on FB)

St George, UT 12:00pm The Bloomington Hills 7th Ward's worship service begins, without Steven in attendance. (Source: KCN)

why would steven agree to go up to a meeting if he planned on taking off? something happened in between 7:57am and 9:47am that changes his mind about attending church atl all, and blowing off his visiting teaching appointment. If he was in charge of leading that week, why miss it? he could have made it back to st george in time. he had to have had a REASON. esp someone in a leadership position within the church.

When I am trying to determine a reason for all of this or even the mechanics of it, I try to think about the big picture-(I am just thinking out loud here so bear with me...)

Let's say that we are seeing an elaborate deception, IE it is NOT Steven in the video. There would have to be a pretty profound set of circumstances set in motion to create something so complicated such as finding a Steven look alike, and a Steven sound alike. I mean having him drive hundreds of miles to Vegas to an over 55 community and dumping his car, rather than in a parking garage in Vegas where the car could sit for weeks not to mention the availability of security cameras as well...the logic is escaping me. Which means nothing, because I could definitely be missing something important.

The reason I mention a Steven "sound alike" is because we know that he received two phone calls from people who knew him-GW and the person who called about Steven making the Bball announcement.

So I have to ask myself what was Steven involved in that would warrant that kind of deception??

If it was Steven in the video, which I actually believe, I ask myself what caused him to go to SCA on that day and at that time? I also believe he went there deliberately because he was either picking something up, dropping something off or meeting someone.

From this point I ask myself, do I think Steven disappeared under his own power or under someone else's? This is where I am stuck. If I believe he disappeared under his own power, then I think he may still be in the area. The hiding in plain sight theory. If I think he was taken by someon else, well then it is harder for me to imagine that he is going to be easily found. But then I have to consider what Steven was up to that would cause someone else to remove him from SCA?

HMMMM

)

why would steven agree to go up to a meeting if he planned on taking off? something happened in between 7:57am and 9:47am that changes his mind about attending church atl all, and blowing off his visiting teaching appointment. If he was in charge of leading that week, why miss it? he could have made it back to st george in time. he had to have had a REASON. esp someone in a leadership position within the church.

Respectfully snipped. I agree with this thought process-I have been unable to figure out why Steven would have returned to ST George at 757AM but not later. And I would love to know where he was when he received the 757AM call. We know he was not in the cul de sac.

the ONLY random thing i can think that would get him down to henderson would be this. He asked his friend from church to put some of his business cards up at her work. maybe someone took a card and called him? long shot yes, but i dunno what kind of business she ran and if someone took one in december during the holidays, it not that far from st george. someone coulda been visiting for the holidays.

EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!

I found where she works.

"Steve asked me if he could give me some of his business cards to display at my work because he and his employer were trying to start cleaning blinds as well as washing windows. (I work at a design center where we sell blinds.)"

Sure, I can ask.

Which dates are you thinking of? Monday, Nov 30th through Friday, Dec 4th?

We have him accounted for in *some* way, every day from the 5th through the 13th.

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. New developments in Susan P. case.

That would be great if we could start 11/30-12/5. Just curious about the driving actually, but anything else would be a +. TYIA.

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. New developments in Susan P. case.

That would be great if we could start 11/30-12/5. Just curious about the driving actually, but anything else would be a +. TYIA.

I'll see what we can get.

BUT....Naegle's taking a well-deserved break this week, so we'll have to wait a bit.

Well pick up the phone and dial the number and see what happens. If you don't have to enter a password then it won't be too helpful, unless that number has never been on his phone before. If there were still new messages on the phone from before the number was dialed...then it was probably not Steven that called from the phone and for some reason someone wanted to try and get into his voicemail. Or maybe that number was dialed to access voicemail on another phone.

If his phone normally dials his own number or he has never called his voicemail that way, this would be a pretty good indication to LE that someone with AT&T voicemail could be involved. Who was GW's carrier? Who on EL uses AT&T? There are clues all over...you just have to use them. Appalled...in full disclosure, I use Sprint/Nextel.

The cell phone, bank and email accounts are all being monitored.

webrocket,
But surely he must have had some money when he moved to St.George ? We never hear anything about that time at all. I'm guessing that he had a savings account from when he worked at the paper. If he was "coming out" he would probably have been into socializing quite a bit. Don't you think ? And of course he wouldn't need money to go to house parties. Very possible that LE might not have canvassed the gay community in Vegas. The fact that family and friends say he isn't gay would probably make LE not follow this important lead. Have you contacted any of the gay groups or clubs in Vegas ? Couldn't hurt IMHO

I am sure the voice the St. George LDS guys heard that Sunday morning was in fact Steven who said he was in Vegas.

I find it beyond a stretch for someone to find a body double just to park the car.

webrocket,
But surely he must have had some money when he moved to St.George ? We never hear anything about that time at all. I'm guessing that he had a savings account from when he worked at the paper. If he was "coming out" he would probably have been into socializing quite a bit. Don't you think ? And of course he wouldn't need money to go to house parties. Very possible that LE might not have canvassed the gay community in Vegas. The fact that family and friends say he isn't gay would probably make LE not follow this important lead. Have you contacted any of the gay groups or clubs in Vegas ? Couldn't hurt IMHO

If Steven is gay I think he could not or would not come out near his church people.

the ONLY random thing i can think that would get him down to henderson would be this. He asked his friend from church to put some of his business cards up at her work. maybe someone took a card and called him? long shot yes, but i dunno what kind of business she ran and if someone took one in december during the holidays, it not that far from st george. someone coulda been visiting for the holidays.

EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!

I found where she works.

"Steve asked me if he could give me some of his business cards to display at my work because he and his employer were trying to start cleaning blinds as well as washing windows. (I work at a design center where we sell blinds.)"

Hi Yeahitsanna,

Do you know if this exchange took place at the church dinner on 12/7? (If I am recalling dinner date correctly)

If so, doesn't it seem odd that 2 days later Steven is telling AN's parents that he may be heading to Sacramento for work (something along that line) and make no mention of this work endeavor?

Webrocket,
If Steven is gay, do you reckon it's likely that he would socialize in Vegas ? But, I can't quite see him leaving town with a gay lover. He is, quite honestly not that young, totally broke, and seemingly has a very hard time supporting himself. Which would mean that his lover would be financially supporting him, and for how long in the future ? Doesn't make much sense. But, I do feel anything at all is possible in this situation. JMO

Hi Yeahitsanna,

Do you know if this exchange took place at the church dinner on 12/7? (If I am recalling dinner date correctly)

If so, doesn't it seem odd that 2 days later Steven is telling AN's parents that he may be heading to Sacramento for work (something along that line) and make no mention of this work endeavor?

yeah that exchange happened AT the dinner. I wonder if LE has checked to see if any cards were taken and/or if theres video footage of anyone who did. plus, i guess naegle attributed the "Sacramento comment" to AN's family just "small talk." I dunno though. Straight up lie to someone to make small talk?? seems odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scomo