NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Um in regards to the Taco Time receipt...does anyone know if it was in Utah? Because Vegas does have one Taco Time here at a truck stop off of the I-15.

Yes, it is.

Nephi, Utah. Right off Utah I-15 exit 225. ;)
Dated and timed paper receipt.
Apparent cash purchase.

To those who doubt the video in SCA depicts Steven. If it is someone else, then who was GW talking to on the phone that morning? He would know Steven's voice and Steven said he was in Vegas. Ditto SA or anyone else who spoke to him that morning.

So Steven was obviously alive that Sunday morning and placed himself in Vegas, which happened to be where his car was found.

To those who doubt the video in SCA depicts Steven. If it is someone else, then who was GW talking to on the phone that morning? He would know Steven's voice and Steven said he was in Vegas. Ditto SA or anyone else who spoke to him that morning.

So Steven was obviously alive that Sunday morning and placed himself in Vegas, which happened to be where his car was found.

There's an approximate 1-3/4 hour gap, between the "last phone call" and when the car drove down Savannah Springs Ave.

Well, if we go back to basic principles, who says GW talked to SK? GW? Can we believe what he says? (Not being harsh, but we only have his word for it, right?)

Also, can I ask, is it possible that someone else was driving all over creation using SK's cards to buy gas and food? As a decoy as SK was going elsewhere?

But on the other hand I really liked carbuff's post:
Okay, so he drives all over the region. He avoids close friends and relatives while dropping in on somebody he remembers fondly from the past. He leaves the car in a place it will be safe, and found quickly. He leaves the Christmas presents in it so they'll be found and presumably given to his younger relatives.

This sounds to me like somebody who is planning to leave.

I tend to lean toward this one.

I am going to assume that Steven's cell phone records include the calls from GW and the people looking for him to announce basketball....

I dont know what I believe about the disappearance other than this was a man who was doing something in the weeks before he disappeared that no one is stating publicly if they know what it was. If someone knows what he was doing with all of his driving, I pray they have given every detail to LE. His family spoke to him regularly during the week before his disappearance-did they find his wandering in keeping with his day to day at other times?

I am going to assume that Steven's cell phone records include the calls from GW and the people looking for him to announce basketball....

I dont know what I believe about the disappearance other than this was a man who was doing something in the weeks before he disappeared that no one is stating publicly if they know what it was. If someone knows what he was doing with all of his driving, I pray they have given every detail to LE. His family spoke to him regularly during the week before his disappearance-did they find his wandering in keeping with his day to day at other times?

According to his sister, he never mentioned he was travelling.

It may be, because it's believed he was last seen in Vegas.

Frankly, I'd be searching around St George, too. The home Steven lived in, is on the edge of town, against the hills.

As for news coverage:
I think it depends which newspaper you read, TV station you watch or what you pay attention to. The Salt Lake Tribune has had more stories than anyone else; the Deseret News, I've only found one (and a mention in a Powell story). ABC-4 had an excellent interview with Steven's parents.

The St George Spectrum had one story on Dec 24th, with an info panel:
http://search.thespectrum.com/sp?aff=1100&skin=100&keywords=Koecher&x=6&y=18

There's a local news magazine http://www.todayindixie.com/ owned by the publisher of The Clipper (the Davis County newspaper Steven's dad is exec editor of). When I search for "Koecher" in their search box, nothing turns up.

bbm,,,,,,,,,What ? That does not make sense, his Dad is an editor and there is no story of his missing son.

Okay, so he drives all over the region. He avoids close friends and relatives while dropping in on somebody he remembers fondly from the past. He leaves the car in a place it will be safe, and found quickly. He leaves the Christmas presents in it so they'll be found and presumably given to his younger relatives.

This sounds to me like somebody who is planning to leave.

Him avoiding people he's close to sticks out to me. I recently had a cancer scare and I did the same thing. I could talk to my neighbors and people I wasn't very close to, but I avoided phone calls from the people I'm close to so much, they were about to show up at the house to make sure we were all ok. I just couldn't talk to them. They can tell when I'm not okay just by the sound of my voice. I couldn't deal with them asking me "what's wrong"

I wonder if he was avoiding the people he was close to for similar reasons...not a cancer scare but maybe he knew that they would be able to tell that someone was wrong and he couldn't handle that.

Or maybe he was pushing them away so it would be easier for him to leave

[/B]
bbm,,,,,,,,,What ? That does not make sense, his Dad is an editor and there is no story of his missing son.

His Dad isn't editor of "Today In Dixie"; it and the paper he does edit (The Davis County Clipper) share a publisher.

Steven's Dad has written several "Clipper" articles about the case. I just find it odd they're not being picked up by the sister publication down south.

UNLESS, of course, "Today In Dixie" has a non-working search engine (but it looks the same as the one on the Clipper's site, which turns up good results).

His Dad isn't editor of "Today In Dixie"; it and the paper he does edit (The Davis County Clipper) share a publisher.

Steven's Dad has written several "Clipper" articles about the case. I just find it odd they're not being picked up by the sister publication down south.

UNLESS, of course, "Today In Dixie" has a non-working search engine (but it looks the same as the one on the Clipper's site, which turns up good results).

And it could also be "well, this *is* news, but it's kind of a family thing too so let's not make a fuss"... you know, like trying to avoid looking like you're using your own newspaper for your own agenda? Although obviously it's nothing like (say) writing articles about how you should vote for *advertiser censored* who happens to be your son, or something.

I guess the best way to address Mr Security, would be with a family member. Sit down and talk. He seemed very willing to help and absolutely not appalled.

The address was the closest one to where the car was found; that's why, when I made the "car found" map, I used the latitude/longitude. It seemed logical, and as you found out, it was really the only place to park that wasn't in front of a home, that fence, the fireplug or the mailbox.

Did you see KC's pictures?

I hadn't seen them all until I returned yesterday, so it was later that I realized I had unknowingly parked in the same spot!

Sorry I didn't get more pics around the corner on Evening Lights. I really wasn't comfortable lurking around that hood snapping photos! But I was looking at the Google map of it today and it didn't look right to me. It seemed to me yesterday that Evening Lights is actually quite short before it curves into whatever it turns into. Also, I was able to get back on Laurel Heights from that street - Portsmouth whatever. On the Google map, I couldn't see Laurel Heights from there.

Maybe fasteddy4 can take a few more pics from that point if he's close enough. It's a 50 mile round trip for me!

I hadn't seen them all until I returned yesterday, so it was later that I realized I had unknowingly parked in the same spot!

Sorry I didn't get more pics around the corner on Evening Lights. I really wasn't comfortable lurking around that hood snapping photos! But I was looking at the Google map of it today and it didn't look right to me. It seemed to me yesterday that Evening Lights is actually quite short before it curves into whatever it turns into. Also, I was able to get back on Laurel Heights from that street - Portsmouth whatever. On the Google map, I couldn't see Laurel Heights from there.

Maybe fasteddy4 can take a few more pics from that point if he's close enough. It's a 50 mile round trip for me!

imo No need for you to be sorry re more pics. Considering a man went missing from that area and that was one irate person posting here....I think you were darn brave to go there to begin with. We always need to remember that we do not know what has caused a person to go missing......never know if the sight of a camera might set someone off.

Thank you, fairy1, your pictures add greatly to the feel of the place.

Your pictures were great!

You're right about Evening Lights -- it's not a huge street. The map is completely correct. It turns into Portsmouth....and if you keep going, it turns into something else. It's like the "outer loop" of Overlook Village.

There's only one way in and out of "Overlook Village" -- and it's Laurel Heights.

Overlook Village Neighborhood.

Zoom in and out, and move your cursor around. That's how they jam a lot of McMansions onto tiny lots and maximize the land -- and minimize what's dedicated to streets.

imo No need for you to be sorry re more pics. Considering a man went missing from that area and that was one irate person posting here....I think you were darn brave to go there to begin with. We always need to remember that we do not know what has caused a person to go missing......never know if the sight of a camera might set someone off.

Thank you, fairy1, your pictures add greatly to the feel of the place.

Thank you - I appreciate that. I live in Las Vegas, but like many here, I'm not at all familiar with the Anthem area. I was hoping to give everyone a feel for it. Mostly I had to see with my own eyes if this is a logical spot for someone to wind up in randomly and after seeing it, I definitely don't think so.

I have to say, the neighborhood itself is quite benign. Very well kept, pretty average homes. Nothing that appears out of the ordinary. There are hundreds - maybe thousands of other neighborhoods just like it all over Vegas and Henderson. I guess that made it even creepier to me.

Personally, I do believe that is Steven in the video. But if we can't find some rhyme or reason for him being there, it's never going to make any sense - to me anyway. Somewhere is a clue.

Your pictures were great!

You're right about Evening Lights -- it's not a huge street. The map is completely correct. It turns into Portsmouth....and if you keep going, it turns into something else. It's like the "outer loop" of Overlook Village.

There's only one way in and out of "Overlook Village" -- and it's Laurel Heights.

Overlook Village Neighborhood.

Zoom in and out, and move your cursor around. That's how they jam a lot of McMansions onto tiny lots and maximize the land -- and minimize what's dedicated to streets.

Thank you - this is better and yes - that's how I remember it. See how close together those homes are! That's why I don't live out there....:crazy:

I did give Steven's poster to a friend of mine who does live there today. She said she hadn't heard anything about it but would keep an eye out for him. I forgot to ask her which development she lives in, but I'll check tomorrow how close it is to Overlook Village.

Did someone say. . .pictures? Sure, I think I could get some pictures. If all of you want to put together a list of what shots, I think I could do that.

Thank you - this is better and yes - that's how I remember it. See how close together those homes are! That's why I don't live out there....:crazy:

I did give Steven's poster to a friend of mine who does live there today. She said she hadn't heard anything about it but would keep an eye out for him. I forgot to ask her which development she lives in, but I'll check tomorrow how close it is to Overlook Village.

It's the same map as on the timeline; I just zoomed in on it a bit, to make the street names stand out more.

Maybe the HOA would put a paragraph about Steven in their monthly newsletter. I'm sure they've been contacted by the family.

Did someone say. . .pictures? Sure, I think I could get some pictures. If all of you want to put together a list of what shots, I think I could do that.

I think you should stand in Mr Security's carport, where the minivan usually is, and pan up and down the neighborhood. And then go to the next home north, and do the same.

Then call us for bail money ;)

Pictures?

Stand right at the end of the wall, and take a picture of yourself in the reflection of Mr. Security's car window.

That way when we come bail you out we can identify you.

Be sure to do it at noon on Sunday.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members