NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried! I would like to know if the family has gone that route. There's no way I can get there when they're open as I have a full-time job (knock on wood!). But I'll send an e-mail and Steven's poster if it hasn't already been covered.

I think you've done it well, already.

You went to both DIs, and left flyers. Right? The one on Tropicana doesn't have a welfare center; the one out on Craig does ... and you described that area.

Even IF you didn't get into the welfare offices out on Craig, he'd still have gone through the checkstands in the DI to present the form as "payment" for whatever clothing and household items he drew out.

We can't discount anything, but it's so beyond his personality and ability to carry off such a deceit.....that I've (personally) got it low on my list. Just because a high-powered adman can pull it off for almost two years, doesn't mean a young man with no money or resources, can do the same.

Francisco prepared for a long time, and took his computer with him.

Steven drove around (aimlessly?), left his computer, and walked away far from a bus stop.

If Steven did pull off "the perfect disappearance", I say he's a criminal mastermind that has missed his calling and should be immediately hired by a research institute.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

We are thinking this way because that's what we have been told, or presume. How do we know he didn't have any money. Something was going on with him for 3 mos. And a long time for no money for rent, but for gas and tithes. Why eat out? Didn't he have electricity or gas for the stove--micro? Here I go again,.....but there is a lot of something we are not being told!!!!!!! Why didn't or couldn't he get a full time job at something. WaWa's, Wally's, dishwasher, etc. Now he either was not thinking clearly or *something* was wrong for awhile.
I have Fairy's headache.

There is definitely something we are not being told; but then, isn't it always that way? One would think that if he had decided to go on a mission trip for the church he would have at least let his parents know. I'm leaning toward suicide or alternate lifestyle at this point. And I hope it's the latter rather than the former.

I think you've done it well, already.

You went to both DIs, and left flyers. Right? The one on Tropicana doesn't have a welfare center; the one out on Craig does ... and you described that area.

Even IF you didn't get into the welfare offices out on Craig, he'd still have gone through the checkstands in the DI to present the form as "payment" for whatever clothing and household items he drew out.

Yes - I left a flyer at the Craig Rd. store - but not the offices. They didn't seem very interested. The family had been to the store on Flamingo before I got there - but they didn't seem very interested either. Jeez, if I ever go missing, I hope I won't have to rely on these people to help me!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

We are thinking this way because that's what we have been told, or presume. How do we know he didn't have any money. Something was going on with him for 3 mos. And a long time for no money for rent, but for gas and tithes. Why eat out? Didn't he have electricity or gas for the stove--micro? Here I go again,.....but there is a lot of something we are not being told!!!!!!! Why didn't or couldn't he get a full time job at something. WaWa's, Wally's, dishwasher, etc. Now he either was not thinking clearly or *something* was wrong for awhile.
I have Fairy's headache.

I have pussy-footed around this possibility before. Steven was going door-to-door offering certain services. We don't know if he was performing those services - for cash - and never reported them to his employer. He could have had quite a stash before he went missing.

AND! Now that I think about it, he could have met someone passing out those ads that may have led him astray or to another "opportunity."

When someone goes missing, stones have to be overturned and sometimes, what's underneath is not pretty. Have to decide - do you want to find your missing loved one or do you want to save face? We can't make that decision here. But we can help find Steven.

A bus, cab and/or hitchhiking. He couldn't get on a plane, without showing his ID....and there'd be airline records of that, even if he paid cash for a one-way ticket. If he flew out of the country, his passport would have been scrutinized (and scanned).
He wouldn't necessarily have needed a passport to enter Mexico, especially if he crossed at a border.

A couple of things Lay, what about a train or a privately flown plane. Exec. Airport just the other side of Anthem?
Did he know anyone with a plane or pilot license?

Too---Can we ask Naegle in the next round of ?'s about his friends or acquaintances in SG? His social activities, especially this past summer that might include his love of water? Oh, I forgot to state that the neighbor across the street owns a boat. See pic--zoom street.

Yup. We know of three "trips" he took in five days:
9-10 Dec: Ruby Valley +????
12 Dec: South to at least Mesquite-Overton border
13 Dec: South to Vegas

To me, it was like he was running errands.
But for who, and why?

Yes, and that was only one week of the 7 months that he had lived there.........so...

Wonder if the marketing/advertising was just the flyers or if he contacted businesses for piggy back leads/ventures?

Laytonian-

I'm an active member of the LDS church, so I am well aware how the blocks are run.

But you are right, there are bulletin boards in most meeting houses...so there should be one up in his. I sent a message to my friends to ask, and if not if they would print one out.

Fortunately, I find time to read and follow news. Alot of people don't. While my friends did not know about Steven, they all knew about Susan. I think that was my main point.

We know there is extremely uneven (unfair!) reporting concerning missing people. It's sad, but true. I would say the majority of people familiar with Susan Powell's case are positive that Josh killed her and she is hidden somewhere in the winter Utah wilderness. We just don't have anything really to point to similar circumstances with Steven. He doesn't have 2 sweet little boys and a dumbazz spouse telling ridiculous stories about the day he went missing. I'm afraid it's just not "sensational" enough for big media. :furious:

I agree Fairy...A LOT of people do believe that Josh killed his wife, but yet they still put energy into finding her daily. We have no reason to believe that Steven is dead. This alone should encourage searches, media blitzes for Steven.

I have pussy-footed around this possibility before. Steven was going door-to-door offering certain services. We don't know if he was performing those services - for cash - and never reported them to his employer. He could have had quite a stash before he went missing.

AND! Now that I think about it, he could have met someone passing out those ads that may have led him astray or to another "opportunity."

When someone goes missing, stones have to be overturned and sometimes, what's underneath is not pretty. Have to decide - do you want to find your missing loved one or do you want to save face? We can't make that decision here. But we can help find Steven.

Not only Thanks, but Kudos to you Fairy1.

I agree Fairy...A LOT of people do believe that Josh killed his wife, but yet they still put energy into finding her daily. We have no reason to believe that Steven is dead. This alone should encourage searches, media blitzes for Steven.

Just to add a bit....the parents and friends of Susan feel she is still alive. Some think she was "removed from the house" with the help of Josh's dad-somehow. He was anti-mormon.

I would like to see flyers passed out in SG for Steven, along with the FB web site link. Maybe even in the Mesquite? sp? area. Do we know if anyone at a gas station or fast food places there have been check out---right off the interstate?
What about cameras on the interstate? Wonder if they have been check for a 24 hr period Sat/Sun.

You've got the beginnings of a new scenario for the "scenarios" page.

It needs a bit of work, though.
To disappear and stay that way, when something didn't pan out, means you have to have means and money. Nudge that part along ... because your scenario starts him out with nothing, and now he has to have found "something". ;)

Change the last line to "living on the streets of Las Vegas because he's too ashamed to go home" and it works. An old old story, too -- clear back to the Prodigal Son story.

Just to add a bit....the parents and friends of Susan feel she is still alive. Some think she was "removed from the house" with the help of Josh's dad-somehow. He was anti-mormon.

I would like to see flyers passed out in SG for Steven, along with the FB web site link. Maybe even in the Mesquite? sp? area. Do we know if anyone at a gas station or fast food places there have been check out---right off the interstate?
What about cameras on the interstate? Wonder if they have been check for a 24 hr period Sat/Sun.

I'd like to see flyers in St George, also. That's where "whatever" began, and even if it is Steven on the video, nothing says he *stayed* in Vegas.

Steven's parents checked with the Shell Station in Mesquite, after their first search in Henderson-Vegas, but found that the security videos didn't maintain that long of a history.

Traffic cams normally don't keep a history, unless there's an incident or the video is needed for training.

There is definitely something we are not being told; but then, isn't it always that way? One would think that if he had decided to go on a mission trip for the church he would have at least let his parents know. I'm leaning toward suicide or alternate lifestyle at this point. And I hope it's the latter rather than the former.

You just don't "go on a mission trip for the church". It's a very structured process, and it's definitely not done in secret. Plus, he's already done it once and can't do it again until he's retired.

Change the last line to "living on the streets of Las Vegas because he's too ashamed to go home" and it works. An old old story, too -- clear back to the Prodigal Son story.

True, but we still have a broken link.

Why's the car way out in Henderson? He'd either have to either be living in the hills like a hermit (no water or food, left giant peanut butter and loaf of bread in St George), or hailed a cab and hitchhiked into Vegas. Coulda left the car in Vegas just as safely.

I'm starting to think that the ONLY reason the car was left where it was, is because no one suspected it'd be caught on a security camera. It may have seemed the absolutely most anonymous place to park.

Nothing in what I have read about Steven's background or psychological makeup would indicate that he left of his own volition. To have left and never called his elderly grandmother over the holidays is an act of cruelty, and I do not think that Steven, as he has been described to us, is capable of such a thing. People who know him,(and we do not), have all spoken about how kind he is. There are no indications of spite or malice in his character. Based on the information which we have been given, this does not add up. IMHO

Laytonian,
It doesn't make sense to park in Anthem unless he had an appointment there. There are many closer anonymous places he could have left his car at. I think he was broke and vulnerable, and looking for work.

Laytonian-

I'm an active member of the LDS church, so I am well aware how the blocks are run.

But you are right, there are bulletin boards in most meeting houses...so there should be one up in his. I sent a message to my friends to ask, and if not if they would print one out.

Fortunately, I find time to read and follow news. Alot of people don't. While my friends did not know about Steven, they all knew about Susan. I think that was my main point.

I agree! Really. This is SO frustrating.

While Steven's missing and basically unpublicized out of the SLC-Vegas I-15 strip, Nancy Grace had "breaking news" last night about the father of the ex-suspect in the Natalee Holloway case dying.
And Susan Powell's not going to be found via publicity in China.

Laytonian,
It doesn't make sense to park in Anthem unless he had an appointment there. There are many closer anonymous places he could have left his car at. I think he was broke and vulnerable, and looking for work.

Yup. Or....already had done the work, and was told to park there and meet someone for "payment".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway