Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that acronym: K I S S.
In looking at Steven's disappearance:
his car seen on video arriving right before 12pm.
he is seen striding down the road.
he walks with a purpose.
he seems to have a portfolio or briefcase with him.
his car is found.
he never returned to his car.

Considering the type of person Steven seems to be, from all accounts, a
good guy with a need for a job that could make some money,
I think< IMO> something happened to Steven
at the 12 noon appointment.

I do not think he would walk away from his family.
I do not think he would ignore Christmas and his family.
I do not think he would meet someone and just decide to have
another life somewhere.
I know. I know. It is all possible. It's happened before to others.

But, JMHO,
Steven disappeared near where he parked the car.

And IMO:
Steven is no longer with us.

He'd have taken the Bishop's Order to the DI complex for fulfillment....and you've ever been there ;)

He wouldn't be able to just go to any bishop and get this "fulfillment" without providing a lot of information. The LDS church keeps very detailed information on its members. He would have to give his information to the new bishop and the new bishop would have to request his records from his current bishop at his old ward in St George. He could obviously lie but I think it would raise a lot of red flags for the new bishop. I just don't think it would be any easy thing to pull off but not impossible.

Is the family ever going to provide us with anything useful? We must have asked hundreds of times about GW and whether they were going to pay someone to forensically examine the hard drive.

If they do not intend to do these things, then to me it seems they don't want the truth.

If they did them and are not sharing the results then, to put it bluntly, IMO we should not waste time on this missing person.

He wouldn't be able to just go to any bishop and get this "fulfillment" without providing a lot of information. The LDS church keeps very detailed information on its members. He would have to give his information to the new bishop and the new bishop would have to request his records from his current bishop at his old ward in St George. He could obviously lie but I think it would raise a lot of red flags for the new bishop. I just don't think it would be any easy thing to pull off but not impossible.

That would also mean they couldn't help non-members.

Webrocket,
Possible that LE has asked them not to discuss GW or that phone call ? As to the hard drive, don't know, but the times that you had broached it to Naegle, she didn't seem all that receptive.If you remember,she said that they had "checked the computer,and there was nothing suspicious there"....

Dreamweaver,
Your scenario and mine are sadly the same.

Is the family ever going to provide us with anything useful? We must have asked hundreds of times about GW and whether they were going to pay someone to forensically examine the hard drive.

If they do not intend to do these things, then to me it seems they don't want the truth.

If they did them and are not sharing the results then, to put it bluntly, IMO we should not waste time on this missing person.

GW:
I doubt they know anything about GW.

Computer:
If it's being examined, that's investigative. If LE did it, it's not going to be shared with us.

Webrocket,
Possible that LE has asked them not to discuss GW or that phone call ? As to the hard drive, don't know, but the times that you had broached it to Naegle, she didn't seem all that receptive.If you remember,she said that they had "checked the computer,and there was nothing suspicious there"....

to the untrained eye anything can look innocent on a hard drive. If Steven deleted his usage history, it would look empty to the casual observer.

I'm about tapped out on this one. Maybe someone should wake me up if we ever get any new facts.

GW:
I doubt they know anything about GW.

Computer:
If it's being examined, that's investigative. If LE did it, it's not going to be shared with us.

that was the whole point. LE did NOT examine the hard drive and they won't absent evidence of a crime. They don't waste taxpayers money like that.

Let's look at WHY Steven went to St George. From the Jan 11, 2010 Salt Lake Tribune: "...liked his job at the Tribune , except the overnight aspect. He also didn't like winter temperature inversions.
"Last winter really got to him so he took the opportunity to move to St. George,"
----------------Job dates per Steven's LinkedIn page:

He quit the Tribune in JULY 2008.
Long after winter had ended, and he didn't move to St George then.

In OCTOBER 2008 (three months after he left The Trib), he went to work for online company MatchBin. That's a Northern Utah job, facing another winter.

In APRIL 2009, AFTER another winter is over in SLC, he moves to St George just as the "hot miserable season" is beginning down there and the wealthy snowbirds are headed out of town.

In MAY 2009, he's let go by MatchBin (per KCN). From then on, his only work history is with T's Blinds and Windows cleaning company. Either working or "marketing".

--------------

We need a mole in St George, to find out who also moved to St George around that time Steven did.

True, but we still have a broken link.

Why's the car way out in Henderson? He'd either have to either be living in the hills like a hermit (no water or food, left giant peanut butter and loaf of bread in St George), or hailed a cab and hitchhiked into Vegas. Coulda left the car in Vegas just as safely.

I'm starting to think that the ONLY reason the car was left where it was, is because no one suspected it'd be caught on a security camera. It may have seemed the absolutely most anonymous place to park.

One of the things I found when I was looking for the UID's in the Las Vegas area is that there ARE probably hundreds of (mostly) men living like hermits in the foothills and washes. It seems incredible just looking at the map, but LE talked about entire towns of transients camped in Las Vegas Wash, for instance.

Henderson would most likely be where the last job fell through, if that was the case.

We need a mole in St George, to find out who also moved to St George around that time Steven did.

I think it would be very beneficial to a have a mole from his ward. I find it odd that there isn't one. If you look at the FB page for the ward he belonged to, there are pics of SK at different activities. It's hard to believe that no one has come here to help out, and give us that don't know SK, some info about him that may help.

I'm thinking that the move to St.George was something that Steven's parents went along with because it is still in the state of Utah ? Perhaps they felt more comfortable with that, and didn't object to him moving down there. What if Steven had met someone who lived in Henderson, had met them before he even moved to St.George, but did not think his parents would cotton to him moving to the Vegas area ? Maybe he wasn't in Anthem for an appointment at all ? Based on the videos, I have always thought that the person on camera was familiar with that area. He shows no interest in or curiousity towards his surroundings. It is more likely that Steven would have met with foul play due to a relationship issue than from a comparative stranger. IMO

I think it would be very beneficial to a have a mole from his ward. I find it odd that there isn't one. If you look at the FB page for the ward he belonged to, there are pics of SK at different activities. It's hard to believe that no one has come here to help out, and give us that don't know SK, some info about him that may help.

Maybe because divulging such information, according to LDS teachings, is considered "gossip"? I know that when my cousins invited me to an LDS Fireside years ago, the subject of the longest talk was "do not gossip".
http://scriptures.lds.org/gs/g/33
http://snurl.com/ucjtv [www_lds_org]

I went to school at Utah State more years ago than I care to count -- and from that and the LDS members I've known since, I would guess Laytonian is right about the gossip aspect.

There's also a respect for order and due process that leads at least some LDS'ers to be rather more accepting than necessary of what happens around them. You'd probably get a lot of people to say something along the lines of, "That's LE's job, let them do it, they'll find him." (I can almost hear my former roommate telling me that...)

Maybe because divulging such information, according to LDS teachings, is considered "gossip"? I know that when my cousins invited me to an LDS Fireside years ago, the subject of the longest talk was "do not gossip".
http://scriptures.lds.org/gs/g/33
http://snurl.com/ucjtv [www_lds_org]

I agree with what you have said here, however some of the worst gossipers I know are LDS (which is probably why that talk was so long.:crazy:) I don't consider shedding some light on a situation as gossiping. Especially if it's anonymous and it helps to find someone that is missing. I know I'm preaching to the choir here.

O/T
Have any of you started watching the new channel Discovery I.D.? There is weekly show called "Disappeared." It is all about people who just vanish without a trace. I wonder if we could get Steven's story on there. Based on the ones I've seen it doesn't appear that foul play has to be a possibility to get the story on the show. I looked at the website and don't see a way to contact or suggest a story.
http://investigation.discovery.com/tv/disappeared/

O/T
Have any of you started watching the new channel Discovery I.D.? There is weekly show called "Disappeared." It is all about people who just vanish without a trace. I wonder if we could get Steven's story on there. Based on the ones I've seen it doesn't appear that foul play has to be a possibility to get the story on the show. I looked at the website and don't see a way to contact or suggest a story.

Well, there is a "forum" on that site. We could compile a little synopsis of Steven's case and start a thread on there to get the word out to people who watch that show. I didn't see any contact info for the producers either, but maybe this is how they choose new cases for episodes?

The "Disappeared" show does have a message board ; people can leave a synopsis of a case, and get replies. I think we would have to get the name and email of a producer to contact the show about Steven's disappearance. But, this is a great idea.

Hold on! I found a way to contact the Discovery Channel...I am typing up a brief overview right now of Steven's case for the producers to read. Hopefully it actually gets to them. I just clicked on a "contact us" and then it asked me what specific channel, what tv show, what I was concerned with (I put "general") and then there is space to type.

Also, I am including the link to Laytonian's timeline.

O/T

Great idea about Investigation Discovery! I've been watching that channel for awhile now.

I DO see a way to suggest a story: talk about it there. I even joined and started a topic (with the words UNUSUAL CASE in the subject, just to attract attention).

Here's the link: Discovery I.D. Koecher thread

If anyone has some spare time, maybe we can "build" this a bit over there, and give it exposure?

This is national media, and I think the more of this we do to spread the word, the more likely it can get a national audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills