NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Lato - I've seen you lurking/reading that past little while - glad you're on here!!!

Hi, I am brand new to WS and would like to comment on an article I read this morning.

If he is gay, I would be looking in San Francisco, New Orleans, Miami or other large cities. The big issue is where can anyone go without money, and who does he know that would fund him through this crisis. If his computer (and the library computer) and the cell phone are "clean", then I'd be back to the SCA neighborhood.

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-402360

Also I think SK family would be very loving to him if he did say that he was gay, most lds families wouldn't just turn their backs on that family member (speaking from experience & from what I've picked up from Naegle). okay off my soap box -
Sometimes I feel like i'm here for an inside scoop on lds life - sorry people if it's annoying - it's a complicated lifestyle sometimes.

Laytonian - your post # 33 cracked me up. glad it's not an lds thing lol

Welcome Lato - I've seen you lurking/reading that past little while - glad you're on here!!!

Also I think SK family would be very loving to him if he did say that he was gay, most lds families wouldn't just turn their backs on that family member (speaking from experience & from what I've picked up from Naegle). okay off my soap box -
Sometimes I feel like i'm here for an inside scoop on lds life - sorry people if it's annoying - it's a complicated lifestyle sometimes.

AND, we have no idea, really, about the family dynamics with regard to Steven. If he is gay and felt he could not be his true self with his own family - it may have caused him to walk away. We really have no idea.

Perhaps I should say that there is SEEMINGLY nothing in Steven's past to indicate that he's gay. No former lover has come forward. No gay magazines in his room. No gay business owner has said " oh yea, he was in my club on some weekends ". BUT he had dated a few women, this we do know. Now, I would like to say that it does not matter one bit to me what this man's sexuality was /is. What drew me to this case, and has kept me here is the sight of a young man, who was PROBABLY Steven Koecher, striding along a street, never to be seen again. This is JMO.

Respectfully, we have to remember that there hasn't been that much investigating in the gay community because the family doesn't believe that Steven is gay. So the odds of a previous gay lover coming forward are slim and same with the owner of the hypothetical gay club. Also, the fact that he has dated women in the past is completely irrelevant in regards to his sexuality. I've known it to be true that people will go so far as to get married (to a female) in order to hide their sexuality. Just my opinion.

Doh! I had SLC in my mind as I was typing!

Probably not if (s)he's asking the family to contact him/her any time - surely they'd already have the contact details and could choose to call or not?

BBM I think she was somehow involved in the SP case.

If I were trying to avoid getting caught....I'd AVOID all public parking lots, especially in a large city. They've all got security cameras now. WalMart's the worst, and so are Home Depot, Lowe's and any bank. Walgreen's.

I'd look for a nice, quiet neighborhood that I could pull into and leave a car, a bit off a major parkway. Certainly, no one there would have security cameras ;)

I live in a city, but I know that cameras are all over--everywhere. Even in smaller towns now a days. There is a case now where the family was thought to be into drugs--low income, pop. >500, but they had a camera. People with children now have cams on their property to watch the kids and their neighborhood. Didn't someone say they had cams on Anthem Prkway?

Respectfully, we have to remember that there hasn't been that much investigating in the gay community because the family doesn't believe that Steven is gay. So the odds of a previous gay lover coming forward are slim and same with the owner of the hypothetical gay club. Also, the fact that he has dated women in the past is completely irrelevant in regards to his sexuality. I've known it to be true that people will go so far as to get married (to a female) in order to hide their sexuality. Just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

BBM Very true. Especially in politics and religion. It's called "on the down low". All you need to do is read the want ads. LOL

Too late to edit:

In the Morgan Harrington case, where they just found her body on a 700+ acre farm in VA, they are hoping, from the hunters, that there maybe trail cameras with some evidence. So perps better watch out---cameras are EVERYWHERE. They may be looking for big foot or the moth man :crazy: and catch you. LOL.

I live in a city, but I know that cameras are all over--everywhere. Even in smaller towns now a days. There is a case now where the family was thought to be into drugs--low income, pop. >500, but they had a camera. People with children now have cams on their property to watch the kids and their neighborhood. Didn't someone say they had cams on Anthem Prkway?

I think someone on the FB page mentioned the traffic cams, but if there's some on Anthem, they're not listed on Nevada RTC's FAST site.

http://www.nvfast.org/trafficcameras.html

It's also against the law in Nevada to use cameras to detect traffic violations, so they're probably not archiving any images unless there's a major incident.

So whatever cams they have, are used to look only at traffic patterns to control the signals and electronic signs.

I grew up in Montana, and if somebody dropped in on me, no matter how inconvenient it might be, I would not dream of letting them go without offering them a meal. It's just basic Western hospitality. And I'd be a bit miffed if they didn't want at least a cup of coffee with me. So I don't see anything odd about that part of his behavior.

It worries me that it has such a strong element of saying goodbye or "what might have been."

The Salt Lake Tribune picked up the "milk carton" story today.

If I knew nothing about the case, I certainly wouldn't learn much "truth" from that article.

This article is a joke and an injustice. I love how they say that Steven was possibly sighted at a "pancake restaurant." They really can't just say IHOP?

Yes. Remember I come from a long line of denture checkers.

NNO, do you (or anyone else) remember the name of the neighbor, who saw Steven at his home for about 20-30 minutes, on Dec 12th? I've been looking..........

This article is a joke and an injustice. I love how they say that Steven was possibly sighted at a "pancake restaurant." They really can't just say IHOP?

The reporter obviously hasn't checked in here, or looked at the timeline ;)

Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe that putting out some "facts" might help readers remember seeing something.

He had to have driven one of two routes out of Ruby Valley. Did he drive through Overton? He bought gas in Mesquite and the address is on the "business loop" - not just off a freeway exit. Maybe someone saw him? ANY clue would help this desperate case.

Unfortunately, about the time publicity in a case reaches critical mass like it's doing here (again), memories are gone.

Are there any bodies of water within walking distance from where Steven parked his car? Was Steven known to own a gun? How remote of a possibility do you guys, who are closer to this case than I, think it is Steven might have committed suicide? Sorry if this has been examined before. I have been trying to keep up with the threads.

Yes, I'm aware that gay people will sometimes hide their sexual preference, for a variety of reasons. I had mentioned contacting gay community organizations in Las Vegas, but I believe that something along those lines has been done. So far, without any positive identification of Steven.
I had been thinking that maybe Steven was suicidal, but I'm really not sure why he took his vital documents with him into the foohills/mountains ( assuming that is what he's holding in the video). I'm starting to believe that some harm came to Steven where we last see him. As close as he was to his family, I believe he would have made contact with one or more family members by now, if he had left of his own free will. I was overlooking the fact that people are sometimes murdered randomly, and violent crimes can happen anywhere.

Are there any bodies of water within walking distance from where Steven parked his car? Was Steven known to own a gun? How remote of a possibility do you guys, who are closer to this case than I, think it is Steven might have committed suicide? Sorry if this has been examined before. I have been trying to keep up with the threads.

There are nearby bodies of water, but they're not large. In the timeline (link below), there's a map to where the car was left. You can zoom around and see a water run-off retention basin, and the water traps in the golf course.

If he had walked straight up Evening Lights St, he could have walked through a paved area that leads onto the edges of the golf course....I don't know if it's fenced or not. It looks like a golf cart path.

Gun ownership was a question we asked of a family member, and she replied "don't think so".

As far as hurting himself: I think all options are on the table....but if he had, he couldn't be far away and the areas have supposedly been searched.

I really think it was job related, or potential job related. I dont generally wear nice clothes in vegas just because. Not to mention carry a portfolio (that we know another was found full of resumes) just because. Its too random of a location. Its at the top of the hour. Its on a sunday when someone with a regular job wouldnt be working.

It is still so frustrating to everyday read these posts, knowing that he is either hurt, hiding, or no longer alive, and not have a clue as to where to even go from here. You just wish something would give and point people in the right direction. It needs to go national, not just local news, but it hasn't yet.

I really think it was job related, or potential job related. I dont generally wear nice clothes in vegas just because. Not to mention carry a portfolio (that we know another was found full of resumes) just because. Its too random of a location. Its at the top of the hour. Its on a sunday when someone with a regular job wouldnt be working.

Hmmmm -- you just piqued a question: what kind of "portfolio"? A zip-top, or just one of those types that folds over, with flaps to hold papers?

If a fold-over was full of resumes or other personal paperwork and it was left outside in the Anthem area, the papers would be all over by now.....with the person's name on them.

Hmmmm -- you just piqued a question: what kind of "portfolio"? A zip-top, or just one of those types that folds over, with flaps to hold papers?

If a fold-over was full of resumes or other personal paperwork and it was left outside in the Anthem area, the papers would be all over by now.....with the person's name on them.

Im not sure i think that was one of the ?s asked to Naegle though! maybe well get an answer soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tb3