NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The website registration charges on his bank statement do bring up another possibility. Steven had designed websites in the past. Maybe he was doing that again, he could have been carrying the folder/portfolio to someone's house to make notes. Could have been for one of those home-based businesses. His casual attire would be appropriate for something like that.

Since there doesn't appear to be any contact via e-mail or phone to set up the appointment, he could have talked in person to someone he knew that had contact with this other person, sort of a friend of a friend thing. We would still need someone to come forward and say that they had discussed this though.

bbm It doesn't matter what we discuss , it seems to circle around and come right back to GW. I agree with Fairy1 " what does GW know?"

I know - still asking the same questions we've been asking since day one.

I did tell the detectives at the PC Friday about Websleuths and invited them to check it out. Hopefully, they will do that. ;)

The website registration charges on his bank statement do bring up another possibility. Steven had designed websites in the past. Maybe he was doing that again, he could have been carrying the folder/portfolio to someone's house to make notes. Could have been for one of those home-based businesses. His casual attire would be appropriate for something like that.

Since there doesn't appear to be any contact via e-mail or phone to set up the appointment, he could have talked in person to someone he knew that had contact with this other person, sort of a friend of a friend thing. We would still need someone to come forward and say that they had discussed this though.

The one channel we know he used, was his church connections.

But who? We'd have to find out who in his ward had close relatives/friends within SCA.

I will say it again, comes back to GW, I agree with you RubyRed and Fairy1. We do not know really what was said on their phone conversation. And what they were BOTH doing in Las Vegas. Come on GW, I challenge you, to tell us what you were doing there. How about any friends, help us find Steven, and let us know something.

OK, I'll be blunt.

Why would someone hurt him?

A. Purposeful, premeditated due to anger/frustration.
B. Accidental, due to anger/frustration.
C. Cover up other criminal actions.
D. Because they like to do that.

What would the motive be?

A. Financial.
B. Love.
C. Criminal cover-up.
D. Sadism.

Why would someone secretly lure him here for the sole purpose of harming him?

A. SK had limited contacts, so perp needed to remove suspicion from himself.
B. Perp knew he lived alone, had no nearby relationship.
C. Because he was seen as "a perfect mark"?
D. Because he was seen as "a perfect victim"?

Snipped:
BBM

we have NO idea what his hard drive contained other than two statements 1. that there was nothing to explain why he was in Vegas that day and 2. nothing that would explain him disappearing.

What is that supposed to mean?

I could ramble on here. In short, it is not that I am fixated on one outcome. Rather my frustration is that notwithstanding that press conference, we are not really being told anything.

ITA Could Steven have had one of these?
http://mobileoffice.about.com/od/laptopaccessories/tp/laptopcards.htm

Exactly right.

But....it's to JP's benefit that these ideas get planted into people's minds.

In fact, the "write for affiliate pennies" Examiner.com just put up a story, that feeds into that idea: Powell-Koecher link considered by Utah missing person investigators.

The press is picking it up...even when it's the illegitimate press:

The lead paragraph is "Two missing people: both from Utah, both last seen in December 2009, and both around the same age. That has the family of missing mother, Susan Powell, asking investigators to consider a link between her case and that of missing fellow Utah resident, Steven Koecher. "

According to Susan's family (the Cox family), they did not do this. BUT....I wouldn't be a bit surprised if a Powell did it, in preparation for a defense ploy.

BBM Without proof of this happening, the procecution could counter speculation only. Wouldn't hold dip.

The parking at the cul-de-sac issue has been on my mind since I first read the case. Having lived in a HOA controlled area for 6 years (in the past), this is my thought on why SK parked there.

If the homeowner of an HOA subdivision has two cars and a garage full of stored items....either because he has recently moved and has not unpacked or because he has too much "stuff" and will never unpack...

the owner can never have visitors....UNLESS he arranges for their cars.....
like going to a neighbor and asking if the visitor can park in their driveway - because they have only one car - OR by finding that spot in the cul-de-sac that has no apparent owner...no driveway....no walkway....no one who will care, especially because all of the other owners in the same condition ask their visitors to do the same.

There was a space just like that one in a nearby cul-de-sac where I lived....so I know it well.

The only thing is....you had to show your guests how to do this on their first visit! And, because of that, I
have in my head that this was not Stevens first visit, and he may have been going to any of a number of
houses in the area - not just one on Evening Lights.

"Our" parking cul-de-sac was two blocks away.

Would he more than likely take his laptop then?

OK, I'll be blunt.

A. Financial.
B. Love.
C. Criminal cover-up.
D. Sadism.

All possible. But many of these motives would likely indicate prior contact of some kind. And truthfully, the streets of Las Vegas are full of "perfect victims" as well as willing "playmates" for anything less than ethical. It just doesn't make sense to me that someone would find their victim in another state???

How would this person know Steven lived alone and without close ties outside of his church? What could he have had in his possession that someone was willing to kill over?

OK, I'll be blunt.

A. Financial.
B. Love.
C. Criminal cover-up.
D. Sadism.

As a relative of a murder victim, sometimes murderers need no reason at all. If they needed a reason, that may require logic and some murderers lack the ability to use logic and reason. I'm not saying this is the case for SK's potential murderer, but thought I'd throw my personal experience out there. Some people are just crazy. That's what allows them to cross that line and take some one's life in the first place.

I doubt I'm saying anything new here, but I couldn't help thinking about being "appalled" last night. I know Webrocket has been very vocal about not wanting strangers checking out your info online, but, if I have grandchildren playing in my front lawn, the front lawn where a man went missing, having strange people check out information publicly available in an effort to help is the least of my concerns.

If I lived on a street where this happened, you can bet that I'm going to ask you guys what you need. I'm going to take pictures of the street, the "wall" that you keep referring to, the golf course and the pond. I would not take pics of the houses on the street because that may be stepping over the lines, but everything else I've seen you guys ask for? Done.

Why? Because this stops you guys from having to keep coming into my neighborhood. This may help find a missing man. This may protect my grandchildren. This may protect me. (FTR, I don't have grandchildren, but I'm thinking of the age restrictions.)

On top of that, if I'm as close to my neighbors as I make myself out to be when I post here, I'm going to ask you guys what questions I can ask my neighbors to assist you. I wouldn't go back and ask more than once, but I would let you guys pile up a few important questions and I'd inform each neighbor to check out WS to see if they can offer anything else. Also, while asking questions, I'm going to try my hardest to determine if the retired teacher's 20 something son doesn't just happen to be staying there while he's out of work. KWIM?

I don't know. I don't really understand being appalled and hostile when what you guys are doing is trying to help keep their neighborhood safe. Something about that doesn't add up to me.

Sorry this is so long. I keep coming back to GW and the neighbor who signed up here. (I'm not implying the neighbor had anything to do with it, but it just seems so odd not to want to help.)

The parking at the cul-de-sac issue has been on my mind since I first read the case. Having lived in a HOA controlled area for 6 years (in the past), this is my thought on why SK parked there.

If the homeowner of an HOA subdivision has two cars and a garage full of stored items....either because he has recently moved and has not unpacked or because he has too much "stuff" and will never unpack...

the owner can never have visitors....UNLESS he arranges for their cars.....
like going to a neighbor and asking if the visitor can park in their driveway - because they have only one car - OR by finding that spot in the cul-de-sac that has no apparent owner...no driveway....no walkway....no one who will care, especially because all of the other owners in the same condition ask their visitors to do the same.

There was a space just like that one in a nearby cul-de-sac where I lived....so I know it well.

The only thing is....you had to show your guests how to do this on their first visit! And, because of that, I
have in my head that this was not Stevens first visit, and he may have been going to any of a number of
houses in the area - not just one on Evening Lights.

"Our" parking cul-de-sac was two blocks away.

So what household, or how many residents in that community has alot of cars parked in their drive all the time? It's a retirement community, most homes would be a one or two member household. Most would be two at the best.

All possible. But many of these motives would likely indicate prior contact of some kind. And truthfully, the streets of Las Vegas are full of "perfect victims" as well as willing "playmates" for anything less than ethical. It just doesn't make sense to me that someone would find their victim in another state???

How would this person know Steven lived alone and without close ties outside of his church? What could he have had in his possession that someone was willing to kill over?

You're assuming the crime began in Las Vegas-Henderson.

I'm assuming there's a good possibility it began in St George OR another place where he had face-to-face contact.

I'm following a case now where a whole family was killed.....possibly with the main motive of getting the laptop because it may have contained "info" the perps did not want known. Drugs, *advertiser censored*, other illegal activities.

I believe it was someone Steven knew. He was meeting someone he knew, and there was something the person told him they were going to do that he was excited about. Maybe the other person said, "let's visit a singles ward down here, or do a volunteer project, etc. But that person who got Steven to believe they were going to do something,knew how nieve (sp?) Steven was, and for some reason he needed to cover something up(Steven knew about) or wanted to hurt Steven, or knew was easy to prey upon. Maybe they had a plan to do some things, because they were friends(or Steven thought they were) and the "friend" led him astray.

You're assuming the crime began in Las Vegas-Henderson.

I'm assuming there's a good possibility it began in St George OR another place where he had face-to-face contact.

I so agree with you laytonian!

He may have thought he was doing something for the Elders Q.- a project. Or a good opporunity, to visit another singles ward, to meet some single women,just some thoughts.

So what household, or how many residents in that community has alot of cars parked in their drive all the time? It's a retirement community, most homes would be a one or two member household. Most would be two at the best.

Someone who owns more than two vehicles (one of which could be a golf cart)?

A house with a guest casita, which means they have regular visitors?

A house that has an elderly resident, and a related family has moved in with them to help take care of them?

A house that was having other company that day?

A house that knew their visitor would need to park for longer than a few hours, and didn't want the car blocking their driveway....or noticed by neighbors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TruthAndACoffee