NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question. It's common, especially when looking at multiple properties, for clients to ride in the same vehicle with their realtor. If not, they would have just met the realtor at the house. Either way, that should be easy to see somewhere in the surveillance tapes.

Wonder if the RE agent in the SUV could be connected to the RE agent @ 3055 Palantine Terrace?

I don't remember a sign in front of the house they were to *show* do you?
Could be for a rental?

Do I understand correctly that Steven didn't call AN or her family before he headed to her place? When I looked at it on a map it looked so remote. Even if you were on your way to Sacramento, it would be 3-4 hours out of the way roundtrip. Why would anyone just go out there without confirming whether or not she was there? It takes a few seconds to make a phone call. And I'm sure she was on Facebook and he could have just sent her a message directly.

By the way, we used to have Naegle's in our LDS stake in the Sacramento area. They've moved in the last few years, but I wonder if they're related and if he really has relatives in the area.

I know the family has a FB page but they don't seem to respond much on it. I feel like they've put up a request for us to help find him but they don't participate on the FB page or keep the public informed about volunteers needed, etc. I'm sure they are very concerned but I am just confused because there are so many administrators listed for the FB page but the page doesn't seem to be very well administered.

That's what I'm hoping....that the singular thread that runs through his life (music) led him to leave.

I think you're spot on about expectations; the phrase "guitar will ruin my life" sounds like something someone else told him.

This is so sad. Ya know Einstein and Franklin were not quite up to standards in school; even seen as "quirky". Some people have to have a tremedous fortitude to overcome "expectations" and walk their own walk.
I imagine all his dates and relationships were expected to be with his faith also. Limitations. Seems like Steven was a struggling free spirit.

There's a slim possibility that ONE household in SCA is lying.

Steven's car, parked illegally, would have annoyed me -- especially if I lived in one of the three homes it was parked near.

I'd probably have been on the phone to the HOA elderly patrol that next morning, complaining about it being there overnight.

The last house on the east side of Savannah, accross from where he parked the car, is owned by a person (RPB) in the "film" industry. Connections to the state of GA. Some interesting links...

The December sales for this area shows quite a few foreclosures. One crime that was happening at lot in the last year was people going into vacant homes and stealing appliances and even copper pipe and wiring to resell. If Steven stumbled onto something like this, he could easily have been pushed into the back of a truck or van.

I just wonder what kind of debt he had? If it was overwhelming I guess he'd want to skip town but other than that I can't see how he'd let his family worry like this.

If I were to try to disappear I'd at least take a small bag. We know thanks to the video that he wasn't carrying anything more than papers.

Why would his cell phone not be traceable when it called the next day? If it were in the city wouldn't it be detected by at least two cell towers making it somewhat traceable? If however he was out in the wilderness all day maybe only one cell tower was in range making it impossible to determine the location.

Is the mobile phone's signal strength recorded? That would at least give an estimate how far it was from the cell tower.

What kind of papers would he have been carrying?

What would make a guy who regularly attended the temple and was in Elder's Quorum presidency miss church on a Sunday....but not so important that he responded to GW that he *could* make it back if he was needed?

This is why some kind of informal appointment or just "dropping by" plan occurs to me. Looking for work, following up on leads from the N's ranch was a priority, but he didn't have a specific appointment and could have dropped his plan and headed back to St. George. Maybe.

About a "film" industry connection, I have heard a director of adult films talk about how they like to lure Mormon kids into participation because they are easy to blackmail. And in L.A., they make movies in ordinary neighborhoods in ordinary houses. But if Steven went into a house on Savannah, wouldn't we see him coming back the other direction on the video camera? Or is my geography turned around?

Dovebar, Regarding your questions on where was Steven when Susan P went missing..

He was at a church Sunday, and a church dinner the following Monday night. Susan, of course, disappeared between 5PM Sunday-5PM Monday.

The 9th is the date of Josh/rental car per media. Stated as 2 days after Susan's disappearance. Although, I could never find an early report with a specific date.

The trip of Steven's to RV/N Utah was first given as the 8th, then the 9th and 10th, according to the mother at presser. This is in conflict with the temple ward night of the 9th in St. George.

That is interesting, hollyblue. It seems there is a possibility that they crossed paths somewhere like Wendover, if it was on the 8th.

To be clear about my earlier post, I don't think there's any evidence that Steven was involved in any adult industries. There is evidence that a "massage" service was operating out of a house in this area and certainly the industry exists in Vegas, and is connected to all kinds of other seedy industries. What is the Georgia connection? Atlanta is a major meth hub and heroin hub for Mexican drug gangs.

Among the neighbors on Evening Lights, there is a family counselor. Could Steven have had an appointment for counseling? If Sunday was the only time he could get seen quickly, he might have missed church for this.

There is also a neighbor who has the same name as a rock/pop composer. From the age, this is not the composer, but could be a relative. Could Steven have been pursuing getting an introduction to someone who could help him get a music industry break?

Among the neighbors on Evening Lights, there is a family counselor. Could Steven have had an appointment for counseling? If Sunday was the only time he could get seen quickly, he might have missed church for this.

There is also a neighbor who has the same name as a rock/pop composer. From the age, this is not the composer, but could be a relative. Could Steven have been pursuing getting an introduction to someone who could help him get a music industry break?

That is the most likely thing I've heard so far.

I just wonder what kind of debt he had? If it was overwhelming I guess he'd want to skip town but other than that I can't see how he'd let his family worry like this.

If I were to try to disappear I'd at least take a small bag. We know thanks to the video that he wasn't carrying anything more than papers.

Why would his cell phone not be traceable when it called the next day? If it were in the city wouldn't it be detected by at least two cell towers making it somewhat traceable? If however he was out in the wilderness all day maybe only one cell tower was in range making it impossible to determine the location.

Is the mobile phone's signal strength recorded? That would at least give an estimate how far it was from the cell tower.

I'm under the impression though I've never been there, that the "wilderness" isn't so remote as it is just undeveloped. It's quite possible that his call was detected by more than one tower. I don't know honestly how exactly and closely they are able to pinpoint location.

I really don't think he just took off either--not for this long without being in some kind of contact with his family. He was too close to them.

The December sales for this area shows quite a few foreclosures. One crime that was happening at lot in the last year was people going into vacant homes and stealing appliances and even copper pipe and wiring to resell. If Steven stumbled onto something like this, he could easily have been pushed into the back of a truck or van.

Wouldn't such a burglary have been reported to the police?

According to the three-month crime statistics for Henderson, NV (which I just searched) -- no such crimes have taken place anywhere near where Steven's car was found during the last three months.

We've had a few of those crimes, too, but they've occurred in neighborhoods where the homes are vacant and unfinished.

It's not a crime that can easily be pulled off in broad daylight on a Sunday afternoon, when all surrounding homes are occupied.

There's been a mention he was behind on his car payments (but we don't know how much)
On Dec 1st, he was three months behind on his rent (about $1,000 plus his share of the utilities)
It's certainly not an overwhelming amount, but it could have been to a 30-year-old who was trying to succeed on his own.

Bingo. If you planned to disappear and took your cellphone, why not your cellphone charger? Why not your computer, why not a chance of underwear? Why leave your shaving kit in the car?

What he took with him (basically nothing) tells me that he either knew he'd never need the left-behind items again, that he did plan on returning that evening OR that the landlord locked him out.

Here's where his car was found: http://snurl.com/u5wie [maps_google_com]

While SCA was surrounded by undeveloped land, if you were to walk to those areas, you'd (1) have to have some knowledge that you could get there from where the car was parked and (2) you'd have to walk for about 1.5 hours.

UNLESS (and I am apparently alone in this possibility) that he was just driving around, saw he was getting close to mountains/hills, parked randomly and started walking in the direction that seemed logical.

We've had people park in front of our home, and start walking up to the mountain that sits right behind us. Steven was parked a bit far away from that....and behind a walled area.

LE most certainly has the cellphone information. We don't know how much information the family has. In any case, we're not privy to it. All we've learned is that the call to voicemail was "Vegas area" and "early in the morning" on Dec 14th.

I wonder if the presser generated any tips?

For SK or SP? ;)
I see yesterday was SP's "three month missing" anniversary.

I have to agree with Naegle here: that constant attention on her case, has taken coverage away from Steven's....and really hasn't helped SP's case, either.

But each case has a severe impediment: where to look.

IIRC the day of Steven's presser, was the same day an article came out about SP fliers up in the Powell gated community. In my opinion it was a mistake to have any comparison drawn to SP case, because people took that connection and ran with it. It brought more attention to SP than SK.

IIRC the day of Steven's presser, was the same day an article came out about SP fliers up in the Powell gated community. In my opinion it was a mistake to have any comparison drawn to SP case, because people took that connection and ran with it. It brought more attention to SP than SK.

That is true.

....and if you put all of that together, that's a lot of why Naegle showed anger here, when she posted last week. Yes, I tend to give the family a break. As frustrated as we are with them....I think they are doing their best.

In hindsight, there were two mistakes:
1 - Holding the presser on a Friday (which is the day traditionally used to "bury" stories).
2 - Mentioning Powell.

BUT....it STILL got more coverage than ever before, and if people (hopefully) read beyond the salacious SP-SK headlines written by some media, they found out that no one took that seriously.

But wouldn't those contacts have left a trail on his computer or his cellphone?

IF he had an appointment, he was directed to park exactly where he did.

So, who's telling people to park there?
This couldn't have been the first time, could it?

Was someone getting complaints from their neighbors, about people visiting their house...because they were conducting person-to-person business from their home, in violation of the HOA?

But wouldn't those contacts have left a trail on his computer or his cellphone?

IF he had an appointment, he was directed to park exactly where he did.

So, who's telling people to park there?
This couldn't have been the first time, could it?

Was someone getting complaints from their neighbors, about people visiting their house...because they were conducting person-to-person business from their home, in violation of the HOA?

there would have been traces of that on cell phones and computers. He probably had a prepaid phone and a second laptop that he used for this purpose. It was not like he was spending his money on rent or food.

That is true.

....and if you put all of that together, that's a lot of why Naegle showed anger here, when she posted last week. Yes, I tend to give the family a break. As frustrated as we are with them....I think they are doing their best.

In hindsight, there were two mistakes:
1 - Holding the presser on a Friday (which is the day traditionally used to "bury" stories).
2 - Mentioning Powell.

BUT....it STILL got more coverage than ever before, and if people (hopefully) read beyond the salacious SP-SK headlines written by some media, they found out that no one took that seriously.
bbm Yes, a lot of the SP followers heard about SK because anytime I googled the SK name those articles came up. So in a sense Steven's name
did reach many more people. However, it must be frustrating,constantly living in the shadows, of someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste