NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My text and email service has been horrible this week. :( Tmobile is upgrading or something. So I'd be of no help with the text updates.

No worries. If I can, I'll be in touch with Laytonian so she can keep everyone in the loop here.

Remember when Elizabeth Smart was missing, and how close the camp she was in. It was not far from her home!

I still find this tip bizarre.

It is possible that if someone murdered Steven, he had a slip of the mouth and someone reported it, but you would think that lead would be given to police and not the PI. The purported perp is not likely to call in a tip.

I suppose it is possible that someone knew Steven was suicidal and finally decided to open up. I have not seriously considered suicide as the choice of location is just baffling, when he could have jumped off many a roadway in the mountainous west. Why drive to SCA then walk to a field near an airport? Way too much work for someone checking out.

It is perhaps more likely that something was found on his hard drive that connected Steven to the airport. That would be a 180 from the public comments that nothing explained what he was doing in SCA that day.

Is it possible that maybe someone else close to the case was seen, or found out through other means, to be near the airport???

I have a girlfriend going with me, who was born & raised in LV, so she'll be of great help in the search also.

Neither of us have Twitter either.

Fairy1, do you have any idea where we all are meeting, or are we just looking out for the trailer and orange cones? Parked on Airport, or Volunteer Blvd?

Fairy1, sorry I have the directions. See you, and Fasteddy in the morning.

Oh, And Fairy1 no worries about the smoke breaks, as my girlfriend will need them also.

I don't know if there were any fires, but if someone was there for any length of time, I should think he'd have been spotted. Seems to me the folks in the Anthem area would be pretty quick to alert someone.

I haven't heard anything about dogs. Guess we'll find out in the morning!

It does seem odd they are searching for a body and yet no mention of dogs being in the search?

It does seem odd they are searching for a body and yet no mention of dogs being in the search?

Maybe it just hasn't been mentioned.

Maybe they think what they're looking for is obvious enough it doesn't need a dog.

Maybe they didn't want to wait until a dog was available. I don't know about Nevada, but in Massachusetts, there's only one trained cadaver dog and handler for the entire state.

I know that kind of dog can scent decay from even fairly old and deep burials, but do they find dry bones? Has it been long enough for that to be a problem? Hmmmm....

Is it possible that maybe someone else close to the case was seen, or found out through other means, to be near the airport???

Or owned property, or knew someone who lived nearby.

I wish the Henderson NV crime search utility would let you look for ALL reported crimes by date, rather than having to search within a mile (or less) of an address.

I'd think that the Volunteer Boulevard area, being so isolated and quiet at night, would be a perfect place for drug deals.

I will, I promise.

I wish all ya'll could be there tomorrow. I don't see myself fitting in well with the folks from the Bloomington Hills Ward. Let's just say, I'm going to need some smoke breaks. How do you think that will go over?

I wish I could be there, too -- but I have family things this weekend.

PLUS, I've been assigned some online duties by the family -- just in case contacts come in. Someone has to do it. Everyone else is down in Vegas.

I could just see a band of Merry WSers. Some smokers, some talking about going out for drinks afterwards (me!) and at least one of them cursing madly whenever they step on a sharp rock (me!)

I wish I could be there, too -- but I have family things this weekend.

PLUS, I've been assigned some online duties by the family -- just in case contacts come in. Someone has to do it. Everyone else is down in Vegas.

I could just see a band of Merry WSers. Some smokers, some talking about going out for drinks afterwards (me!) and at least one of them cursing madly whenever they step on a sharp rock (me!)

Wish I could be there too! With the smokers,drinks, cursers, and me, with my A.D.D. I would drive them all nuts heading them in the wrong direction.

Hopibg for things to happen today for the Susan's family and the Kocher's.

I'm on the site searching. Been looking over an hour. It is really rocky and there is a lot of trash from people dumping truck loads of junk

So far a key has been found, a woman's shirt, and some animal bones and that's about it.

I've asked family members about the tip and they don't have much to add to what we all know.

Fairy1 just called.

Her team is covering a pretty big area, but they've found nothing yet. Eddy is checking a culvert that no one else looked at, and he's earning his "fast" nickname!

They don't know if the other teams have found anything.

ALSO: the PI didn't reveal what the tip consisted of, but did give search instructions. This is a search for remains.

Do we know how many people are searching today?

No, and I forgot to ask. Estimates were 30-40 people. I'm sure we'll hear in the updates from the participants.

My apologies to gsmith, when I called my update #1 -- we were typing at the same time AND I didn't realize we'd get updates "from the field".

I guess there is about 50. I guess some bones were found and we're not to go in that area. There is a police officer here. Who knows if it really is anything.

I guess there is about 50. I guess some bones were found and we're not to go in that area. There is a police officer here. Who knows if it really is anything.

Any indication that this remains search is the result of suicide or foul play?

Assume for a moment that they are human bones. I'd love to know how this tipster believed that Steven's remains were somewhere out there.

Assume for a moment that they are human bones. I'd love to know how this tipster believed that Steven's remains were somewhere out there.

I don't want to assume anything right now, but it's sure been quiet for over an hour now.

Pins and needles time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members