NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! What a day! Some great information came out today...if nothing else. Thank you for all the great information and posts.

I agree with the PI and the family, that SK knew where he was going. This information draws focus, so I appreciate it being put forth.

The information that SK left the party abruptly was interesting. We see pics of SK with GW and I believe one of the women in the ward talked to him about business cards that evening. There were no previous indications of any issues that night, based on those two things. I wonder if GW was the source for that information. What took place BEFORE SK left abruptly...a phone call, a private conversation with someone? Wonder if they checked to see if he had any calls or texts around that time...before or after?

Hmmm...EL is back on my radar.

Right.

It was obviously, though, that someone was trying to cause trouble for the resident of a certain home. No one would really point *themselves* out to us, after insulting people by "name" for 132 paragraphs ;)

I disagree. If it had been someone out to make trouble for someone else, they would not have gone on and on and on - about us.

IMO, it WAS someone from that area who was up on their high horse and pontificating because they have too much time on their hands. Pathetic.

I disagree. If it had been someone out to make trouble for someone else, they would not have gone on and on and on - about us.

I think that's exactly why they went on and on: trying to get us all PO'd at whoever lived in a certain house, and taking out their anger on us, to get us to do their dirty work and make someone else as miserable as they are.

IMO, it WAS someone from that area who was up on their high horse and pontificating because they have too much time on their hands. Pathetic.

That, too.

Stop right there ;)

You didn't expound on the "dental school" sighting.

This is what I understood you telling me:

Deanne told several people about a tip that had been received, from a girl "at a dental school" who said a guy had come in and "it had to be Steven because he was so polite".

Because the "school" was not identified, LE now has to check everything in the valley that could possibly call itself "dental school" and check out the tip.

What a waste. Do people really think they're helping, by not even saying when, or where this happened?

Fairy1, you mentioned there's "a couple" in Vegas. There's likely 25 or more places that could be called "dental school" -- :banghead:
Orthodontic Technician
Dental Billing
Dental Hygiene
Dental Lab Technician
Dental Office Assistant
Dental Assisting

If Mr Polite went in for treatment, he had to give his name, sign a "no harm" release, pay (unless it's a charity thing), and probably pass through security.

I think she's trying to find Mr Polite, because she wants a date.

She didn't say who the tip came from, but she received a call from the Las Vegas Metro detective "on" Steven's case. He asked her if Steven had dental "issues," which leads me to believe he needed dental care. The schools are where people with no insurance would go. The fact that it was a Metro det who got the tip leads me to believe it came from somewhere in Vegas, not Henderson.

She didn't say who the tip came from, but she received a call from the Las Vegas Metro detective "on" Steven's case. He asked her if Steven had dental "issues," which leads me to believe he needed dental care. The schools are where people with no insurance would go. The fact that it was a Metro det who got the tip leads me to believe it came from somewhere in Vegas, not Henderson.

Yeah, you did tell me that part - and I forgot. :angel:

Still would have been nice if she'd have given details like where and when.

We need to teach logic and critical thinking in schools.

Yeah, you did tell me that part - and I forgot. :angel:

Still would have been nice if she'd have given details like where and when.

We need to teach logic and critical thinking in schools.

I really don't think she knows. She said she hadn't heard from that particular detective in quite some time and he told her he was going to check it out. I hope he did do that, but as of today, they hadn't heard anything.

one thing I have to ask is how could those in charge of removing the bones not know if they were human? Steven was like 5'8" right? while a skeleton would not necessarily be intact after a few months, there are a few bones that are unmistakably human like a pelvis, skull, thigh, hand and foot to name a few.

So reading between the lines they found a few small bones that were totally unidentifiable as to species. Any desert will have remains of animals leaving small bones behind. Further, if this was a mini homeless camp, the residents may well have been hunting small animals for food.

I still find this tip to be of dubious origin.

one thing I have to ask is how could those in charge of removing the bones not know if they were human? Steven was like 5'8" right? while a skeleton would not necessarily be intact after a few months, there are a few bones that are unmistakably human like a pelvis, skull, thigh, hand and foot to name a few.

So reading between the lines they found a few small bones that were totally unidentifiable as to species. Any desert will have remains of animals leaving small bones behind. Further, if this was a mini homeless camp, the residents may well have been hunting small animals for food.

I still find this tip to be of dubious origin.

I understood them to be bone fragments. Nothing of significant size. Still, I don't have much hope about it.

It is unusual around here CC. If you notice, neither one of those nasty posts had a very long shelf life. There are some posters who like to stir it up, but not by being downright hateful. The moderators here are awesome when it comes to keeping things civil.

There may be some sigificance to this case and maybe those folks don't realize they can be traced. I tend to believe they're just miserable people who don't understand what we try to do here. But I will LMAO if one of those folks winds up being charged.

Hello,

Never posted here before but have been reading over the last few day as I learned of Stevens case from the local papers here in Vegas. I live in the area where his car was found, and I drove through the neighborhood today since I was passing. Didn't want to be a nuisance, so just drove around and out. But 2 things stuck me about it.....

1. It makes sense to me that if visiting any house in the neighborhood, you would park there. There were no other cars parked on the street in front of houses. Also, I'm not sure how to explain it, but it just doesn't look like you should park on the curbs. Low graded curbs, nice yards, etc. Had I been visiting a home there, I may well have parked where Steven did.

2. I feel confident Steven knew exactly where he was going. I also feel he had been there before at some point in time. Why? Well, the aforementioned randomness of the neighborhood, it really is a "knot" of streets as I've heard it described. And, not only his seemingly determined walk from the car, but also the way he drove to his parking spot. He's moving at a good speed. He drives, just as he walks away, with purpose. It's a small loop of neighborhood, and he knew exactly where to park as soon as he pulled in. No hesitation. he knew where he was going with a familiarity only available to someone who had been there before.

3. I've read that the neighborhood was "canvassed", but I remain convinced that the answers to all of our questions lie in on of those houses. We even know which side of the street it's on, as Steven crosses the street in tape 2, again, with obvious purpose. Ever been looking for a specific house you never visited? Remember how you drive slow, braking from time to time to look at street names and house numbers? There's none of that here. He drives in, walks away, and across the street, all with obvious purpose. If canvassing simply means knocking on doors, "have you seen this guy?" someone just said "No", but knows something.

Anyway, that's just some thoughts I wanted to share. I wish Stevens family the best of luck, and hopefully some peace of mind one day soon.

regards,

-N.

Hello,

Never posted here before but have been reading over the last few day as I learned of Stevens case from the local papers here in Vegas. I live in the area where his car was found, and I drove through the neighborhood today since I was passing. Didn't want to be a nuisance, so just drove around and out. But 2 things stuck me about it.....

1. It makes sense to me that if visiting any house in the neighborhood, you would park there. There were no other cars parked on the street in front of houses. Also, I'm not sure how to explain it, but it just doesn't look like you should park on the curbs. Low graded curbs, nice yards, etc. Had I been visiting a home there, I may well have parked where Steven did.

2. I feel confident Steven knew exactly where he was going. I also feel he had been there before at some point in time. Why? Well, the aforementioned randomness of the neighborhood, it really is a "knot" of streets as I've heard it described. And, not only his seemingly determined walk from the car, but also the way he drove to his parking spot. He's moving at a good speed. He drives, just as he walks away, with purpose. It's a small loop of neighborhood, and he knew exactly where to park as soon as he pulled in. No hesitation. he knew where he was going with a familiarity only available to someone who had been there before.

3. I've read that the neighborhood was "canvassed", but I remain convinced that the answers to all of our questions lie in on of those houses. We even know which side of the street it's on, as Steven crosses the street in tape 2, again, with obvious purpose. Ever been looking for a specific house you never visited? Remember how you drive slow, braking from time to time to look at street names and house numbers? There's none of that here. He drives in, walks away, and across the street, all with obvious purpose. If canvassing simply means knocking on doors, "have you seen this guy?" someone just said "No", but knows something.

Anyway, that's just some thoughts I wanted to share. I wish Stevens family the best of luck, and hopefully some peace of mind one day soon.

regards,

-N.

Thank you and :Welcome-12-june:. I agree with everything you've said. If you're a murderer and someone knocks on your door and simply asks you if you've seen YOUR OWN VICTIM, what are you going to say? Duh!

And I've always believed it is Steven on the video and he does look like he knows right where he's going.

I have been gone most of the day. I just have been reading all the post. I am so proud of everyone on here, and good we all work together. For everyone involved on the ground today-thanks! Hope you put your feet up. To the new people here-thanks! Great info you are offering.

I will get hold of my contact about Steven's health, and I know he will talk to Deanne. He was actually out there today.

I have been gone most of the day. I just have been reading all the post. I am so proud of everyone on here, and good we all work together. For everyone involved on the ground today-thanks! Hope you put your feet up. To the new people here-thanks! Great info you are offering.

I will get hold of my contact about Steven's health, and I know he will talk to Deanne. He was actually out there today.

Thank you so much, sbakker. She did seem concerned about it. And about Steven's mental state, generally.

Welcome NDP. I think the answer lies within SCA as well.

I think that's exactly why they went on and on: trying to get us all PO'd at whoever lived in a certain house, and taking out their anger on us, to get us to do their dirty work and make someone else as miserable as they are.

That, too.

Could be---didn't she say there was a neighbor who discarded a rolled rug/carpet in the golf pond? Maybe she was trying to get back at Mr. "Sanford".

Could be---didn't she say their was a neighbor who discarded a rolled rug/carpet in the golf pond? Maybe she was trying to get back at Mr. "Sanford".

LOL I had forgotten that part.

Steven's Mom told us a story today. I don't know if it was someone they knew personally or if it's just something she's heard since Steven went missing. There was a guy who went missing from Boise, ID. He just disappeared. Three years later, his boss came to Vegas for some reason and came across the missing guy just sitting on a curb somewhere.

She may be hoping someone will find Steven this way. And frankly, so do I. You just never know what's going on in someone else's mind.

That reminds me of how Chandra Levy's remains were found: a mentally-challenged man was looking for turtles at the bottom of the Rock Creek Park hill - near the lower road - and picked up her skull.

<snip>

All, please do not let my post digress from SK at all. However, given I wrote a book on the subject, I found this statement fascinating. I had never seen the person who found Chandra's skull described as mentally challenged before. When I see something for the first time after all these years, that's pretty remarkable. He was not identified until two years ago by the Washington Post, and was described as a woodworking craftsman. But it was a mystery for years, and he was originally described as walking along the creek, but following his dog uphill with the original story being that he was hunting for turtles, but later changed to looking for bone to work with. So still somewhat of a mystery to me as to what the truth is.

Also, comparing the two locations, Chandra's remains were found hundreds of feet above the road and creek, about halfway down the side of a very steep hill. Her bones were spread out over several yards on the side of the hill, and indeed her skull did make its way several feet down the hill below the bulk of her remains.

The book is posted on my web site free to read.

Now onward with the search for SK...

rd

Thank you and :Welcome-12-june:. I agree with everything you've said. If you're a murderer and someone knocks on your door and simply asks you if you've seen YOUR OWN VICTIM, what are you going to say? Duh!

Of course Fairy. However, you would hope that if LE dispatched experienced personnel to the neighborhood, the officer asking the questions would make some notations of hesitation in responses, evasive answers, lack of eye contact, etc. Further you would hope they took real notes on the houses the visited.

As far as I know nothing like that has been made public, although information like this might be in their investigative files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState