GUILTY NV - Suellen, 31, & Lexis Roberts, 12, Las Vegas, 4 Sept 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
why was he "declared dead" ? So someone could claim SS death benefits? WTH ? That person HELPED him get away with this IMO.

In the US, most states will make the family to wait a certain amount of time (generally 7 years) without contact, bank activity, sightings, etc. before the family can request a court order for the registrar to issue a death certificate to the family. Once the family recieves a death certificate, they can CHOOSE to file it with the SSA for benefits. I'm not sure it has been established that anyone filed the death cert with the SSA. There would be a $250.00 death benefit and *possibly* a benefit to minor children if he had any. So, the death cert issued by the registrar wouldn't be odd or unusual if the family had had no contact after all that time.
From what's been on public record, it sounds like he was pretty horrible to his former family.....so I would think it was MORE likely his abandoned wife killed him herself than that she was covering for him. imho

why was he "declared dead" ? So someone could claim SS death benefits? WTH ? That person HELPED him get away with this IMO.

He had been missing, no contact with her or any members of his family, for almost a decade. What she did was within the law.... besides, who would want to stay married to a man with whom she had absolutely no contact--who as far as she knew WAS dead.

I certainly disagree that she helped him get away with this. His whole family is terrified that he's going to show up and harm them. Considering his history, I don't blame them.

Can you imagine how shocked they were to learn that he's still alive? They are very traumatized by this, and I feel horrible for them.

He had been missing, no contact with her or any members of his family, for almost a decade. What she did was within the law.... besides, who would want to stay married to a man with whom she had absolutely no contact--who as far as she knew WAS dead.

I certainly disagree that she helped him get away with this. His whole family is terrified that he's going to show up and harm them. Considering his history, I don't blame them.

Can you imagine how shocked they were to learn that he's still alive? They are very traumatized by this, and I feel horrible for them.

Thank you for saying that much better than I could. This is awful for everyone concerned.

I haven't seen any details released from Sanders family, so I can't speak to how they feel. But one of the things I have always liked about Websleuth's is the compassion we have for all victims. Which includes in some cases, the perpetrator's family. They didn't ask for any of this and should not be condemned merely because they are related to a person who committed a heinous act.

Just for the record, the ex-wife never received SS benefits, the death certificate was never filed with the agency. The story link is a page or two upstream.

Wow!! Yes--we can hash it out here---but compassion is what I have seen here (I am fairly new here). And from what I have read---he was abusive to his family and who knows but them--if he had sexually abused his children. --So he drops out of sight--and does no telling what else--BUT, MY QUESTION IS (like everyone else)--FINGER PRINTS--Why didn't they register, through all the other arrest and his 2 year jail time--, as a dead man! I can never understand the LAW. IMO--Once a sex abuser--always a sex abuser--THERE IS NO REHIBILITATION for this. Hasn't it been seen over and over in the news???? I have 3 grandchildren--and I want to cry right now--to think of something like this--I think I could kill someone with my bare hands-I NEED TO STOP THIS NOW--sorry to vent that. But can't the legal system see a pattern with this--arrest them--let them out--then they do worse--kill. --I just heard on HNL that a pedofile wrote a book--a "HOW TO BOOK"!!! Amazon finally took it off the digital shelfs. but is selling!

http://www.lvrj.com/news/relatives-...eve--lament-lost-opportunities-107437348.html

Interview with Lexis' grandmother. Also, there apparently will be a segment on AMW this Saturday.
From that article:

Lexis was looking forward to the start of classes at Silvestri Junior High in Las Vegas, but disappeared just 10 days into the fall semester. She had signed up for band and was determined to learn to play the viola.

"Unfortunately, that never happened," said Cloutier. "Maybe she's playing it as an angel."

I have a question, when you are arrested / jailed in NV, do you have to provide a SS#?

I have a question, when you are arrested / jailed in NV, do you have to provide a SS#?

I'm guessing you don't, because it's not related to your work/tax history. There was a law passed a few years back saying SSN's can't generally be used as identification. But that's just a guess.

FBI fugitive possibly spotted in Sabine Parish
Florien, La. — A Florien woman may have spotted Thomas Steven Sanders, the man wanted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation in connection to the kidnapping and murder of a 12-year-old Nevada girl, whose remains were found in Louisiana.
On Thursday, Nov. 4 at 5:18 p.m., a Florien woman notified the Sabine Parish Sheriff’s Dept. that she saw Sanders on the news and that he fit the description of a man who tried to lure her 10-year-old daughter in his truck last week.
The local woman, who lives on Plainview Road, told local detectives that the man was driving an older model white truck with numerous five gallon buckets in the back. She said it looked like diesel had been spilled down the sides of the truck.
The concerned mother said she had notified Florien school, who in turn advised the bus driver. The bus driver, according to local detectives, said that he noticed a truck parked at Prewitt Chapel Church behind the sign for several days, and when the bus passed, the truck would follow it.

http://www.leesvilledailyleader.com/news/x1615402086/FBI-fugitive-possibly-spotted-in-Sabine-Parish

I'm guessing you don't, because it's not related to your work/tax history. There was a law passed a few years back saying SSN's can't generally be used as identification. But that's just a guess.

That's really too bad, it would stop things like this from happening if your SSN was required. It would have shown as deceased had it been entered.

I think in one of the LV news stories, someone was quoted as saying that if the charge was a misdemeanor that there was minimal info required in the booking process (siting from memory, don't quote me verbatim).

Having Sanders social security number ran when arrested would not have produced any alarms. My understanding is that his ex-wife/family never filed the death certificate with the Social Security Administration. So his being declared dead never showed up, as JLM said above. What still confuses me is at what point did LE put two & two together?

In one of the last interviews with Suellen's Mother, she states they met at the storage facility *where Sanders worked under the table (for cash)*. Ok, so we know he worked for cash, what about a drivers license? Did he have a car? Did he ever pick Suellen up?

What happens when a homeless person is arrested? How does LE verify that the information they are given is correct if they have no fingerprints in the system and no valid identification?

DEAR LORD< HOPE THIS IS TRUE!!!!!---Heard that Sanders was caught!!! Don't know how true it is--but here is the info-------Thomas Sanders has been caught in Biloxi, Ms. Sanders was aired on Americas Most Wanted..people calling giving details about a truck stop where he had showering and eating. They also have the KIA in custody too. Catahoula parish and the FBI are headed to get him now... GREAT JOB CATAHOULA !!!

You can run but you can't hide!! Keep us updated on the breaking news notapi!!

Where is Suellen?

Suspect Declared Dead Nabbed By Authorities, Held As &#8220;Person Of Interest&#8221; In Child&#8217;s Homicide

Thomas-Sanders-suspect.png

Thomas Sanders (kidnapping suspect)

UPDATE
: Getting word from a source early this morning that Sanders was arrested at a Mississippi truck stop. Authorities also seized the vehicle he was traveling in&#8230; more to come on this case&#8230;

This case was originally brought to me a couple of weeks ago from one of my U.S. Marshal contacts. Yesterday, the investigation advanced to new levels and now the FBI and U.S. Marshals are on the hunt for a man they believe kidnapped Lexis.

http://www.michellesigona.com/2010/...eld-as-person-of-interest-in-childs-homicide/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mel M
Back