GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Newest Details from Police Report

LAS VEGAS -- Erich Nowsch told two friends that he shot people who were after him on the night that Tammy Meyers was shot, according to his arrest report.

Nowsch, 19, was arrested Thursday for the shooting of Tammy Meyers, 44, on Feb. 12. She was shot in the head and died two days later.

The teen told police he was with a friend at a recording studio the night of Meyers' shooting. According to his arrest report, that friend told police that wasn't true.

Police learned Nowsch called some friends a few hours after the shooting and wanted to talk with them. Those friends said Nowsch, who is also known as Baby G, told them he was at a park near the school where Tammy Meyers was teaching her 15-year-old daughter how to drive. He saw a green car driving around the parking lot and thought the people in the car were looking for him so he called a friend to pick him up. That friend drives a four-door silver sedan.

Nowsch told his friends that a while later the green car began following them and he thought he saw someone point a gun out the window so he loaded his gun and began shooting at the car, the report said. Nowsch said they followed the car to the house where he fired more shots.

According the the report, Nowsch told his friends, "got those kids, they were after me and I got them." Nowsch told his friends no one fired shots at him, but he knew he shot a person next to the car.

Nowsch is facing charges of murder with a deadly weapon, attempted murder with a deadly weapon and discharging a firearm from a vehicle.

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/28160...rt-shows-nowsch-bragged-about-meyers-shooting

bbm: so that's ""perhaps'''' reason for a certain person saying ''she was protecting'' me ((literally took the bullet for her))) --- case closed----

explains a lot.....the tears...the nervousness...

and oh yeah.....

who was pointing a gun from the green car??

will people in green car be able to deny that happened?? ((oops officially one of them is dead and that would leave who? in the green car as pointer of gun))

will witnesses in silver car ((3 of them)) be able to say that it happened

These things probably vary from place to place.
But in our experience, it wasn't common anywhere we've lived to get very involved with teaching a teen to drive without a learners permit. They need insurance, and they need a learners permit. Otherwise, it's kinda risky liability wise. (They certainly don't need parallel parking skills to get a learners permit.)

Learners permit is very different than an actual drivers license test.
I agree. It makes no sense to teach a possible 14 year old to drive without getting the permit first. It's not like on a rural ranch backroad or something. And you wouldn't be teaching lane changing in a parking lot either, and it's wierd to be doing it after a party at 11:00 on a school night.

That's a phenomenal point; the shooting occurs when it's pitch black outside with the alleged assailant inside an automobile but the Meyers are able to identify his eye and hair color but have issues with the vehicle description.... makes sense... ;-)

You know that is what I am thinking..Pitch dark out, driving by the house and shooting from a car..EN must be one heck of a shooter to shoot her in the head..Does anyone know how many shots was fired?

Am I getting a picture of the brother in the car with the sister driving, maybe...

This story has more to it than meets the eye-- I have felt that from when I first read it. I think EN will have a strong case for self defense or at least plausible deniability.

So if the Meyers son and daughter were driving the Meyer' green car -- EN's story totally makes sense. Tammy was never in that car. The son and daughter were. She came outside to see what was happening and got caught in the crossfire. And it sounds to me like EN has a very good case for self defense. I'd feel threatened if someone were following me around, waving a gun!
Absolutely! While he was wrong for following them to their house, it will definitely be self defense if the son shot first. That aspect will be a he-said/he-said, but the Meyers family's lies will significantly impact who the jury believes.

He is nowhere near the height or weight of the presumed person in the sketch. And why the sketch if they knew the guy? Wouldn't it be simpler to give police a name?

And wouldn't mom's favorite pet know what kind of car she drove?

Do we know that she wasn't getting ready to get her learners permit? I don't really know but its rather common that parents try to teach their children how to drive and do parallel parking before they get their permit. Some prepare them more than a year ahead knowing the more knowledge they have the better driver they may be.

This park must be very close to their home. Why is that odd that she would take her off the roadway and into a park area?

Because it was 11 pm on a school night. And it was right next to where EN always hung out, sometimes even with Tammy herself. Just seems too oddly coincidental, especially given the lies they originally told.

I just can't imagine after everything that's gone down they would insist on covering up something so insignificant (in comparison!) as the daughter driving without a permit or license. But who knows?

I don't personally think this had anything to do with driving. They may have been in cars, but that's it. I think this confrontation took place for reasons that have not come to light yet.

No one is going to cover up the identity of the person who shot their loved one, which these people clearly did, because they are worried about getting a ticket for their teenage daughter driving without a permit.

Absolutely! While he was wrong for following them to their house, it will definitely be self defense if the son shot first. That aspect will be a he-said/he-said, but the Meyers family's lies will significantly impact who the jury believes.

bbm: what if it was pointed at him -- wouldn't a reasonable person think they might be shot?

there was a comment yesterday about charges and it included:

enhanced weapon*

does that refer to the *silencer?

I could be mistaken, but I believe that that kind of terminology in this context would typically refer to enhanced charges from using a firearm during commission of a crime.

I could be mistaken, but I believe that that kind of terminology in this context would typically refer to enhanced charges from using a firearm during commission of a crime.

thank you......I really didn't know:thinking:

Newest Details from Police Report

LAS VEGAS -- Erich Nowsch told two friends that he shot people who were after him on the night that Tammy Meyers was shot, according to his arrest report.

Nowsch, 19, was arrested Thursday for the shooting of Tammy Meyers, 44, on Feb. 12. She was shot in the head and died two days later.

The teen told police he was with a friend at a recording studio the night of Meyers' shooting. According to his arrest report, that friend told police that wasn't true.

Police learned Nowsch called some friends a few hours after the shooting and wanted to talk with them. Those friends said Nowsch, who is also known as Baby G, told them he was at a park near the school where Tammy Meyers was teaching her 15-year-old daughter how to drive. He saw a green car driving around the parking lot and thought the people in the car were looking for him so he called a friend to pick him up. That friend drives a four-door silver sedan.

Nowsch told his friends that a while later the green car began following them and he thought he saw someone point a gun out the window so he loaded his gun and began shooting at the car, the report said. Nowsch said they followed the car to the house where he fired more shots.

According the the report, Nowsch told his friends, "got those kids, they were after me and I got them." Nowsch told his friends no one fired shots at him, but he knew he shot a person next to the car.

Nowsch is facing charges of murder with a deadly weapon, attempted murder with a deadly weapon and discharging a firearm from a vehicle.

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/28160...rt-shows-nowsch-bragged-about-meyers-shooting

bbm This confuses me, where there two cars or one. IDK, if he knew it was tammy and her daughter why did he think they were looking for him? idk

Another random thought, but does Bob work? Tammy? Head shops usually have very good revenue, and it seems as though B still lived with them.

I went back to look at the two photos of the vigil. I'm assuming the younger girl is the daughter, but then there is a picture of another girl with mom, that can't be the same girl. Then there is another woman holding a sign, anyone know who that is? Could it be that the suspect said some mean things to the daughter, maybe bullying her, and then in steps mom and brother to defend her? Maybe the daughter really liked EN, and he didn't want anything to do with her? I can't wait to hear from the daughter, the real truth from the daughter, I think several questions will be answered.

Yes. Making a duck face. Doesnt look like daughter

I hope like all get out that tammy was checked for gunshot residue. I hope lvpd make an additional arrest. this behavior must be punished.

But does there need to be residue for self defense? If someone is pointing a gun at me, am I supposed to wait and see if they actually shoot me, or can I fire to defend myself.

I have to think lawyers are lining up to take this kid's case. It's going to be the easiest self defense plea ever.
Ironically, if appears he can thank the victims family for basically handing him an acquittal.

Reasonable Doubt? It's just too easy on this one.

It's generally not self-defense if the person wanting to claim self-defense was the original aggressor, or the initiator of the altercation. If in fact EN followed TM and/or her son and/or her daughter to their house, he could easily be seen as the aggressor.

OTOH, this case is so weird that both sides could be seen as the aggressor. TM and/or her son and/or her daughter, or some combination thereof, left the house to go find EN and follow him. So they're the aggressor. But then he supposedly followed them, which then makes him the aggressor.

In any case, if it's going to difficult for any of these people to claim self-defense. According to reports, they were all, at some point, safe from the other side and then went back again for more.

If I were on a jury, I would likely have trouble convicting any of them based only on the testimony of lying liars, but I don't think I'd believe a claim of self-defense from any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties