GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But the article said it was police stating what happened.
Exactly. LE made many statements before the cameras before they released the arrest warrant. The warrant doesn't match up with everything they said previously. Obviously, they decided the warrant version is accurate since they put it in writing, but it's really for a jury to decide. I'm looking forward to the trial because I'm sure there's interesting information to be learned uncovered in discovery.

In the community I live, a young woman died in an accident involving a DUI driver. Within a day, a "spokesperson" for the family came forward and claimed that the "family" was stuck with "hundreds of thousands" of dollars in medical bills and her parents were facing the loss of their home and business. There was an appeal for "cash donations". This made no sense to me since the girl was 26 and her parents would have no liability.

It turns out some huckster knocked on the parents door the day the story broke an said essentially: "too bad about your daughter but if you work with me, I'll make you a lot of money".

To jjenny and all the others who are defending the Meyers -- I just want to say that I am not saying EN is innocent, or should not be charged/convicted. He DEFINITELY did something terribly wrong and deserves punishment. The point I am trying to make is that the Meyers may also have broken laws and may also be deserving of some punishment. I am in no way defending EN. I just don't like the idea of anyone running around suburban neighborhoods with guns and buying/selling drugs. And EN was not the only person doing that in this case. He was just the one who had the misfortune of his bullet making contact. I think others in this forum feel the same.

I get the feeling you think we are defending EN. I, and I think others, are not. We are just saying it is possible that there is more than one guilty party here.

I don't think so. If I were on the jury and part of the evidence was that the person who was killed, grabbed an armed son and went out looking for the suspect whom she knew, that would change my verdict. It just not as clear and dry then if she had stayed home called police and then he just showed up and started shooting.
I think that it is plausible that the son aimed at him first.

I personally think you would listen closely to the evidence presented rather than what has been said in the media and would uphold your oath as a juror to set aside everything else that has been said out of the well of the court and focus only on what evidence comes in. Or I would like to think you would. Over the years you have sounded fair minded to me.:)

So what happens when there is absolutely no proof Brandon aimed at him first? Do you mean after EN had already shot several times at them at a different location or when he and his partner in crime came to the Myers property to try and shoot Brandon and Tammy and was successful in hitting Tammy?

There is no evidence at the time that we have been told that Tammy knew EN was sitting in the car when the driver came out of the driver's side and threatened Tammy and Kristal. So why would you hold that against Tammy?

And I do believe there will be camera footage of the school parking lot and I also think there will be no gun shown to be pointed at anyone.

EN had no legal foot to stand on when it comes to self defense. Absolutely none. It is already known he is very paranoid and that has been established by his own friends. It seem to be his own guilty paranoid mind at work if he was a petty drug dealer.

First how far did he live away from the park? Walking distance? We also know he was in possession of a cell phone so while many opine ad nauseaum that Tammy should have called 911 after she and Kristal were threatened....the same demands seems to not be applied for EN who also had the same opportunity at anytime to call 911. But he didn't and we do know what he did next. He called a friend because he had no ride and was on foot in the park and they went HUNTING (aggressive act) for the green car. And some want to think it was Brandon driving all the time so that means he was also carrying a handgun and if Tammy was driving and had a handgun...the minute the *advertiser censored* wipe threatened her at her car she would have pulled her weapon and pointed it right at him telling it is him that should get the F...out of there. So Brandon wasn't driving when all of this started and Tammy was and Tammy had no weapon.

I know how easy it is to think we are much smarter than the LVPD which is huge or a 19 year veteran homicide investigator investigating the case. This isn't the first case where its been thought that laypeople have it all figured out and LE are thought to be the stupid ones and just aren't smart enough to know this. Of course when trial times rolls around it become very obvious that they indeed know what they were doing and the evidence supported all along the charges the defendant had been charged with.

So EN doesn't go home even though he certainly had that option. He goes hunting for the green vehicle instead...........and Tammy rushed home to drop her daughter off and she told Brandon to come with her. He balked and said they should call 911 but then Tammy made an ultimatum that no son can refuse. She told him if he didn't come she would go alone and he was never going to let her go alone. I feel she left Kristal home so if the silver car passed by their home they would still assume T&K were still out riding together. And we do know that EN is hunting for the green car. And when he finds it the first time what does he do? He opens fire and at least 6 bullet casings are left at that scene and since he was shooting for inside the vehicle some of the casings could have ejected and landed in the floorboard of the vehicle or backseat.

Tammy and Brandon flee for the sanctity of their own home and property. That doesn't stop the aggressor though... not only does he not call off the hunt he continues to pursue the fleeing green car and unfortunately he finds them after already trying to kill the occupants in the vehicle in the first spray of bullets. EN comes there and then again repeatedly shoots and it was only then that Brandon was able to get 3 shots off and he didn't even know if he hit the car. Brandon's story is consistent with the evidence found. Only 3-9mm casings found at the home after the first initial gunfire at the first scene where none of BMs casings were found and also consistent with EN who said the people in the car didn't fire back when he first shot his first spay of bullets..

No action of EN at anytime shows self defense. Everything supports Brandon's firing off three shots was in self defense. Had he been trigger happy like some like to imply he would have shot at the first scene and if being shot at there he would have a legal right to fire his weapon in return. He did not.......all the Myers did was try to flee from the one who was trying to murder them.

The aggressive pursuit EN and his buddy did is going to put him away for life or on death row. That will be his waterloo. He doesn't have one chance of saying this was self defense although I am sure the DT will blame the victim since that seem to be typical defense fodder these days on any case.

Tammy made a terrible mistake that night by going back trying to find the person who had threatened to do her and her daughter harm. No doubt about that. But she did nothing illegal by trying to find someone who had threatened her harm. Like the DA said people make mistakes when they are upset and angry. They don't have 20/20 hindsight to rely on and to think about it clearly. Its all happening at a very fast pace.

Oh by the way since so many seem to not like Brandon (have no clue why but anyway) has it been said that he was a bad guy in the neighborhood and has a criminal record? Did he also put knives to young girls throats and shoot a gun in the park? I haven't read everything in the MSM and pay no mind to commenters under articles but surely the media would bring to light any thing bad about Brandon. I did see a post this morning that included the 'Myers brothers' as if both of them are being lumped together implying they are both bad kids. Has that been in the media? With Brandon being able to purchase a registered legal handgun means he went through the FBI background check and has no felonies nor DV charges. So that is why I am curious where the position is coming from that the Myers boys are bad.

I know I am in the teeny tiny minority but I like Brandon and feel he will always blame himself for not being able to save his mom from the monster who was pursuing them that night.:(

To jjenny and all the others who are defending the Meyers -- I just want to say that I am not saying EN is innocent, or should not be charged/convicted. He DEFINITELY did something terribly wrong and deserves punishment. The point I am trying to make is that the Meyers may also have broken laws and may also be deserving of some punishment. I am in no way defending EN. I just don't like the idea of anyone running around suburban neighborhoods with guns and buying/selling drugs. And EN was not the only person doing that in this case. He was just the one who had the misfortune of his bullet making contact. I think others in this forum feel the same.

I get the feeling you think we are defending EN. I, and I think others, are not. We are just saying it is possible that there is more than one guilty party here.
Exactly. I don't think anyone here is defending EN. What he did was a crime and he should go to prison for a LONG time for killing Tammy Meyers! However, because Bob and the Meyer children have told various versions of the ever changing story, actually embellishing details (LYING), and leaving out details like the fact that they actually KNEW EN and had been beating down his door prior to his arrest - make it seem like they are trying to cover something up. Why on earth would anyone want to cover up the truth when police are doing everything they can to seek justice for their murdered mother? The only thing I can come up with is that they are covering up something they did, something illegal probably. Drugs is my thought.

I personally think you would listen closely to the evidence presented rather than what has been said in the media and would uphold your oath as a juror to set aside everything else that has been said out of the well of the court and focus only on what evidence comes in. Or I would like to think you would. Over the years you have sounded fair minded to me.:)

So what happens when there is absolutely no proof Brandon aimed at him first? Do you mean after EN had already shot several times at them at a different location or when he and his partner in crime came to the Myers property to try and shoot Brandon and Tammy and was successful in hitting Tammy?

There is no evidence at the time that we have been told that Tammy knew EN was sitting in the car when the driver came out of the driver's side and threatened Tammy and Kristal. So why would you hold that against Tammy?

And I do believe there will be camera footage of the school parking lot and I also think there will be no gun shown to be pointed at anyone.

EN had no legal foot to stand on when it comes to self defense. Absolutely none. It is already known he is very paranoid and that has been established by his own friends. It seem to be his own guilty paranoid mind at work if he was a petty drug dealer.

First how far did he live away from the park? Walking distance? We also know he was in possession of a cell phone so while many opine ad nauseaum that Tammy should have called 911 after she and Kristal were threatened....the same demands seems to not be applied for EN who also had the same opportunity at anytime to call 911. But he didn't and we do know what he did next. He called a friend because he had no ride and was on foot in the park and they went HUNTING (aggressive act) for the green car. And some want to think it was Brandon driving all the time so that means he was also carrying a handgun and if Tammy was driving and had a handgun...the minute the *advertiser censored* wipe threatened her at her car she would have pulled her weapon and pointed it right at him telling it is him that should get the F...out of there. So Brandon wasn't driving when all of this started and Tammy was and Tammy had no weapon.

I know how easy it is to think we are much smarter than the LVPD which is huge or a 19 year veteran homicide investigator investigating the case. This isn't the first case where its been thought that laypeople have it all figured out and LE are thought to be the stupid ones and just aren't smart enough to know this. Of course when trial times rolls around it become very obvious that they indeed know what they were doing and the evidence supported all along the charges the defendant had been charged with.

So EN doesn't go home even though he certainly had that option. He goes hunting for the green vehicle instead...........and Tammy rushed home to drop her daughter off and she told Brandon to come with her. He balked and said they should call 911 but then Tammy made an ultimatum that no son can refuse. She told him if he didn't come she would go alone and he was never going to let her go alone. I feel she left Kristal home so if the silver car passed by their home they would still assume T&K were still out riding together. And we do know that EN is hunting for the green car. And when he finds it the first time what does he do? He opens fire and at least 6 bullet casings are left at that scene and since he was shooting for inside the vehicle some of the casings could have ejected and landed in the floorboard of the vehicle or backseat.

Tammy and Brandon flee for the sanctity of their own home and property. That doesn't stop the aggressor though... not only does he not call off the hunt he continues to pursue the fleeing green car and unfortunately he finds them after already trying to kill the occupants in the vehicle in the first spray of bullets. EN comes there and then again repeatedly shoots and it was only then that Brandon was able to get 3 shots off and he didn't even know if he hit the car. Brandon's story is consistent with the evidence found. Only 3-9mm casings found at the home after the first initial gunfire at the first scene where none of BMs casings were found and also consistent with EN who said the people in the car didn't fire back when he first shot his first spay of bullets..

No action of EN at anytime shows self defense. Everything supports Brandon's firing off three shots was in self defense. Had he been trigger happy like some like to imply he would have shot at the first scene and if being shot at there he would have a legal right to fire his weapon in return. He did not.......all the Myers did was try to flee from the one who was trying to murder them.

The aggressive pursuit EN and his buddy did is going to put him away for life or on death row. That will be his waterloo. He doesn't have one chance of saying this was self defense although I am sure the DT will blame the victim since that seem to be typical defense fodder these days on any case.

Tammy made a terrible mistake that night by going back trying to find the person who had threatened to do her and her daughter harm. No doubt about that. But she did nothing illegal by trying to find someone who had threatened her harm. Like the DA said people make mistakes when they are upset and angry. They don't have 20/20 hindsight to think about it clearly. Its all happening at a very fast pace.

Oh by the way since so many seem to not like Brandon (have no clue why but anyway) has it been said that he was a bad guy in the neighborhood and has a criminal record? Did he also put knives to young girls throats and shoot a gun in the park? I haven't read everything in the MSM and pay no mind to commenters under articles but surely the media would bring to light any thing bad about Brandon. I did see a post this morning that included the 'Myers brothers' as if both of them are being lumped together implying they are both bad kids. Has that been in the media? With Brandon being able to purchase a registered legal handgun means he went through the FBI background check and has no felonies nor DV charges. So that is why I am curious where the position is coming from that the Myers boys are bad.

I know I am in the teeny tiny minority but I like Brandon and feel he will always blame himself for not being able to save his mom from the monster who was pursuing them that night.:(
JMO--
I may not agree but I'm respectful of your opinion.
I am sorry the victim is gone. That's sad, period.
Of the involved living, I don't see any totally hands clean characters.
We'll just have to watch as the case evolves. In the meantime, It's always interesting to read, share, and ponder with other Websleuthers. :)

Wonder what this "substantial" evidence is. Hope they have weapon seized from the victim that matches ballistics, the Audi driver and his testimony, ZA & KK & EN's texts and phone records, etc., not just ZA & KK's testimony. That would really suck.

IF this happened as the family claimed the first, second, or third time around... Well, that's the problem. Whose testimony are we supposed to believe and which version?

WHY ON EARTH DID THESE PEOPLE LIE TO THE POLICE?!

JMO

I have a terrible feeling the family saw EN hanging out at that park during the vigil.

JMO

Wonder what this "substantial" evidence is. Hope they have weapon seized from the victim that matches ballistics, the Audi driver and his testimony, ZA & KK & EN's texts and phone records, etc., not just ZA & KK's testimony. That would really suck.

IF this happened as the family claimed the first, second, or third time around... Well, that's the problem. Whose testimony are we supposed to believe and which version?

WHY ON EARTH DID THESE PEOPLE LIE TO THE POLICE?!

JMO

BBM, JMO--Is it Dr Phil that says "People do what works for them"? I also wonder why did they purposefully decide to lie. How did that work for them? How was that the best option?
All it says to me is there is lots of crazy we haven't heard yet.

I'm not saying BM is a bad kid, but the stuff he has posted online make him seem like a major hothead who has some serious anger issues - stuff he's been posting prior to Tammy's death.

Both the son and father banged on EN door before his arrest according to the neighbors. Not just once but at lease twice. Why would they do this?? Because of this action alone I believe this was drugs, something illegal or personal. No other reason for this behavior.
According to twitter....new rumor, that has already been mentioned on here.....TM wasn't in the car and a 9MM shell was found in the passengers seat. Maybe this information will come out today?

I have a terrible feeling the family saw EN hanging out at that park during the vigil.

JMO

perhaps they were taking note of who was absent from the vigil.......MOO - possibly

EXCLUSIVE: Was Vegas 'road rage' murder mom actually buying DRUGS from her killer? Amazing claim in case which has baffled country

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ld-said-buying-Xanax-years.html#ixzz3Sb4j1wiQ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

From your link:

"If we spoke to the news and told them what we honestly knew, I don't think it would have helped the police's investigation to find this man"
PV (redacted), girlfriend of dead woman's 20-year-old son

:thud:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMO

wonder if that was his only opportunity to make it back into his house without being seen === he knew they would be at the vigil--remember he said he couldn't go home to his friends at 0300 am Fri 13th......

It's possible to have empathy for a family losing a wife and mother and still search for the truth.

It's not unbiased to only look at victims through rose colored glasses. Nobody is perfect. Even victims.

From your link:

"If we spoke to the news and told them what we honestly knew, I don't think it would have helped the police's investigation to find this man"
PV (redacted), girlfriend of dead woman's 20-year-old son

:thud:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh gee you mean a dealer WONT kill you??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova