GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's going to be a fascinating presentation of the evidence ..... yes EN has a less than stellar record wrt to the law and the victims have less than stellar recall of events MOO

Truer words were never spoken! :)

It's difficult to get pain medication in my area of the country. My kids weren't given any pain meds after getting wisdom teeth taken out. Even the ERs are sending people home on Tylenol because there are people who purposely break their own bones so they can try to get pain meds. It's not even possible to get prescriptions from different doctors. Everything is computerized. The doctor can see what prescriptions you've had filled at the pharmacies and which doctors prescribed them. Maybe not every area of the country is like this, but the medical community is really cracking down on access to these drugs where I live.

Absolutely! My sister became addicted after undergoing a few surgeries over a period of months back in the 90s. The doctor told her she was addicted, no longer needed pain meds, and cut her off. The difference is she didn't go out finding more on the streets. She knew what addiction was and didn't want to go down that road once she realized the doctor was right. She suffered through the withdraw and overcame it.

New federal legislation went into effect in October to makes narcotic analgesics, specifically hydrocodone, more difficult to obtain.

http://m.koco.com/news/new-rules-make-hydrocodone-painkiller-prescriptions-harder-to-refill/29002078

Also, AFAIK, we only have his word for it that he initially told his mom to stay home and call 911.

And even that only came out after everyone following this case had been asking for days why she didn't just stay home and call 911. It was definitely not part of any of the earliest versions of the Meyers' many versions.

Of course he couldnt just take the car keys??? And he had the gun before she told him she was leaving with or without him... Nope. They were on a mission....

Yes, we know that we can't trust the Meyers' version of the story. Er... well... any of the many versions they've told.

It could be that one or more of the Meyers owed EN -- owed him money, drugs, weapons, or something else. There's an argument. He thinks owe more than they think they do, or something. Words are exchanged. Shots are fired. But ultimately the Meyers tell EN, "Come on back to our house, we'll take care of it." EN follows them home (as requested), BM pulls his gun, EN fires. Self defense?
You should be a criminal defense lawyer! :D

there is another angle to this too.... people steal from other people's medicine cabinets....i.e. grandparents etc

there was mention of increase in burglaries in the area ((IIRC))

makes it ''awkward'' if friends have friends in for dinner etc.

It's sad this family lost their mother. I'm not happy about that.

But I am glad we have validation that we weren't losing our minds when we said it didn't make sense, didn't add up, there's something more to this. No good comes from hiding the facts surrounding a murder. I'm blown away the police and DA downplayed this to the point of what seems like covering it up. Maybe they didn't want to put the Meyers family through strife when they're already suffering enough, maybe they are concerned about protecting property values for real estate tax purposes, maybe they're trying to protect the reputation of a school district. Whatever the reason isn't a good enough reason to try to whitewash what is happening in that neighborhood. The public has a right to know what's happening in their backyards.

Also, AFAIK, we only have his word for it that he initially told his mom to stay home and call 911.

And even that only came out after everyone following this case had been asking for days why she didn't just stay home and call 911. It was definitely not part of any of the earliest versions of the Meyers' many versions.

or....suit yourself Mom, but I'm dialing 911 NOW.....(he'd have her vehicle description too for LE)

But I am glad we have validation that we weren't losing our minds when we said it didn't make sense, didn't add up, there's something more to this. No good comes from hiding the facts surrounding a murder. I'm blown away the police and DA downplayed this to the point of what seems like covering it up. Maybe they didn't want to put the Meyers family through strife when they're already suffering enough, maybe they are concerned about protecting property values for real estate tax purposes, maybe they're trying to protect the reputation of a school district. Whatever the reason isn't a good enough reason to try to whitewash what is happening in that neighborhood. The public has a right to know what's happening in their backyards.

truthfully, think that LE has done great job of teasing out all of the dross to get the thread of this one case -- the shooting death of TM

rest of it may result in a totally different set of cases KWIM

Unwittingly, instead of ''covering'' I believe the drama has served better to ''reveal'' to LE what has been truly covert up until now. JMO

Please excuse if this has been posted already:

"Tammy Meyers was killed by Erich Nowsch in a 'prescription drug deal gone bad' according to one man who has been pulled into the saga." (Xanax)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2965508/Was-road-rage-murder-baffled-country-actually-DRUGS-Mother-gunned-19-year-old-said-buying-Xanax-years.html

Oh, what a tangled web we weave,
When first we practice to deceive....

Did her family really think this would never come to light?

there is another angle to this too.... people steal from other people's medicine cabinets....i.e. grandparents etc

there was mention of increase in burglaries in the area ((IIRC))

makes it ''awkward'' if friends have friends in for dinner etc.
I keep close tabs on our medication. I'll count it before someone visits and after they leave. If it's someone I truly don't trust, I'll hide it. Keep in mind, my children are young adults. I had lots of teenagers in and out of this house over the past 10 years. I made damn sure I wasn't going to be THAT house where children got drugs. Call me overprotective, but my vigilance paid off.

Maybe LE wanted to be low key before the funeral/memorial. I don't think the DA will have a choice but to tell the truth. I'm fairly sure the defense team will have something to say. They won't whitewash anything about on the details/nature of the ongoing relationship between a 19 yo neighbor kid and a couple of middle aged adults who regularly gift him with cash.

You should be a criminal defense lawyer! :D

EN's attorney only needs to raise sufficient reasonable doubt in the mind of one juror to prevent a conviction. The Meyers, with their withholding of information and their many versions of what happened, have created enough doubt to disbelieve anything they say. If you can't believe what the Meyers say.... if pretty much all you have to go on is shell casings.... any reasonably plausible alternative scenario creates reasonable doubt.

In my mind, I have to discard everything said by every member of the Meyers family. In my mind, I'm also discarding any possible testimony from EN, who can't be required to testify and quite possibly won't testify. And if he does testify, he'll be highly motivated to spin his testimony in his own favor. So he'll likely be no more credible than the Meyers.

That leaves the presence of some shell casings, and some fuzzy surveillance video that shows cars driving past. As far as I know, there's no proof whatsoever to indicate who pulled their gun first or who fired first or why EN followed the green car to the Meyers home.

Personally, I'm convinced EN was the shooter and is guilty of at least some form of manslaughter or murder. Legally, I have serious doubts that they'll have enough credible evidence for a conviction.

Hey, Paperdoll!

Do you know what the name of the neighborhood or school district is?

I'd like to look up the crime statistics for that immediate area.

Personally, I'm convinced EN was the shooter and is guilty of at least some form of manslaughter or murder. Legally, I have serious doubts that they'll have enough credible evidence for a conviction.
I totally agree!

Thinking about the trial and when BM is asked what his mother said when she asked him to get the gun and come with me, I mean won't that make her out to be looking for blood that night? Why else would she want him to have the gun unless to kill someone. jmo idk It will be interesting.

it's going to be a fascinating presentation of the evidence ..... yes EN has a less than stellar record wrt to the law and the victims have less than stellar recall of events MOO

I truly believe we will never see a trial.

really??? do you think that the DA will drop the charge or offer a deal??

I'd guess a plea offer would be pretty likely. They don't like to take cases to trial without strong evidence and a strong likelihood of getting a conviction.

Hey, Paperdoll!

Do you know what the name of the neighborhood or school district is?

I'd like to look up the crime statistics for that immediate area.

EEK! I don't :( However, the school is called Walter Johnson Middle School.. :blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scyna0895