GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re the M kids & their statements. Sorry I did not get poster's name, but this struck me as enlightening:

"This is why they have a reason to lie about who was where and who did what. They were able to blame everything on their mother by creating the driving lesson's story and her insisting Brandon bring his gun. I really think this was to protect them from their father finding out their foolishness got their mother killed."
JM2cts.

Again, why didn't they just say mom did it all? Mom could have gone to the park for whatever. Doesn't she spend a lot of time in the park?
Why did they put themselves into the car?

It does sound like the lawyer is trying to lay the groundwork for a self-defense case.

However, you wrote, and I quote:

And that is simply not true.

EN might well be acquitted in this case, or at least get a hung jury. If that happens, IMO, it will be because of the deceptions, omissions and outright lies of the Meyers family. Not because of SYG. The Meyers family have created enough reasonable doubt about what happened that the state now has a very very high bar to get over in order to prove its case beyond a reasonable doubt.

And you have to know the defense is going to dress him up in a nice suit, crisp white shirt, and matching neck tie so he appears as a sweet little munchkin. Having an attorney of large stature is going to help too---it will make him look even smaller. It's just going to take one male juror of short stature who knows what it's like to be pushed around or one kind hearted mother/grandmother to have sympathy for this unfortunte soul who lost his father and has been bullied because of his size to acquit or hang the jury. Add to that the Meyers being portrayed as hot heads who lie and this case is going to be a disaster for the prosecution. And Bob being there every day, looking intimidating? Not good. It may even come down to jury nulification.

Now, that's funny! I once dated a guy whose sister had credit card problems. He made her freeze her credit card inside a block of ice, so that if she wanted to use it she had to thaw the block of ice first.
Love it!

re: sketch-incorrect. He said the sketch would make sense once they give us more details.
The sketch becoming irrelevant immediately after EM was arrested is incredibly noteworthy. He said it would make more sense after they released the comprehensive summary of the investigation. If that's what's in the warrant, it didn't make more sense. If not, I'm waiting with bated breath.

re: Brandon statement--link please.
It was already linked previously in this thread.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/vegas-road-rage-shooting-suspect-vowed-back-daughter/story?id=29112212

re: knowing about EN--listen to the presser again. That is not what he said.
Context clues. Take into consideration the questions (plural) he answered instead of just the words that came out of his mouth.

Yeah no duh. EN will give up the name of the driver sooner or later.

Giving up the name of the driver doesn't help him, because driver could become a witness against him. Driver could say, for instance, he was scared of EN because EN had a gun and had no choice but to do what EN said. Prosecution could give driver a deal in exchange for testimony.

Giving up the name of the driver doesn't help him, because driver could become a witness against him. Driver could say, for instance, he was scared of EN because EN had a gun and had no choice but to do what EN said. Prosecution could give driver a deal in exchange for testimony.
Never said or insinuated that driver could help him. I tossed around what the defense may try to say but I personally believe EN is 100% at fault and 100% guilty

Again, why didn't they just say mom did it all? Mom could have gone to the park for whatever. Doesn't she spend a lot of time in the park?
Why did they put themselves into the car?

Again ..... they were trying to think of some innocent reason for the family car to be the neighborhood drug dealer's place of business at 11:30 at night. "Oh, yeah, mom goes down to the park late at night where the drug dealer hangs out all the time. She spends a lot of time there late at night." Uh...... that doesn't sound all that innocent, y'know?

This is an interesting exercise. If they were going to claim that mom was down there at the park by herself, they couldn't have made any further claims. They couldn't have claimed it was a road rage case. Because how would they know, if neither of them was with mom at any point? They could only claim that mom drove home and got shot right in front of the house. And then they would have to explain how Brandon was johnny-on-the-spot with his own gun, firing back, when he was supposedly innocently sleeping at home. By the time he heard the gunfire, got dressed, retrieved his gun from gramma's drawers, and made it downstairs and outside, the shooting would have already been over and the silver car gone. But he did fire back -- so he needed an explanation as to how he was out front firing his gun so quickly.

Also, possibly the daughter texted somebody while she and Brandon were out looking for EN, or while EN was following them. "Hey, BFF, we just got shot at! OMG! Just like in the movies!" She would know she's going to have to explain that.

Or, they both had their cell phones, and they knew cell phones can reveal your location by pinging cell towers.

Or, they knew there were surveillance cameras around the neighborhood. They needed a story that had sis in the car at some point, in case sis was caught on camera, and bro in the car at some point, in case bro was caught on camera.

Lots of reasons they may not have been able to blame it all on mom.

If they believed they were caught on camera, then wouldn't they think that camera would show whether mom was or wasn't in the car?

Those two witnesses have no reason to lie and they have the cars on video. SYG won't work.
I disagree. We have no idea how they became witnesses. They could have been busted for something else and offered this information for a get-out-of-jail-free card. The guy can't be a winner if he's EM's best friend---the person EM trusted the most supposedly unload his story to.

If they were trying to protect the sister, why didn't they just claim mom was doing it all alone?
Don't be silly. Brandon had gunpowder residue all over him.

Where is it going to come from? They want to arrest him and charge him, not just chat with him.
Honest police work. They have more on the driver than they did on EM since they have video of the car he owns.

If they believed they were caught on camera, then wouldn't they think that camera would show whether mom was or wasn't in the car?

They had a very brief period in which to come up with their story. It's not perfect. And it's not going to be, because it's all lies. No matter how much time they had, they were never going to be able to come up with a perfect story, unless they told the truth. And they obviously didn't want to tell the truth. So they came up with the best lie they could on the spur of the moment, and they changed it as needed as the story unfolded.

I just looked back at some of the earlier articles. Remember the original story was that mom & sis came home with the silver car following them, the guy in the silver car shot at them, and Brandon came out of the house firing back?

That story changed on the same day that EN was questioned by police when he was picked up for the juvie warrant. I can see it: The Meyers knew that EN was with the police. They knew that EN not only saw Brandon in the car, but saw Brandon in the car pointing his gun at them. They think EN might be telling that to the police that very day. They knew they needed a story that put Brandon in the car. Coincidentally, that's the same day they changed their story to the one that had mom & sis going home, sis going inside and Brandon arming up to go out with mom looking for EN.

I usually don't believe in coincidences. They're usually not coincidences.

I don't know that one will have gunpowder residue all over with a 9 mm weapon.

If EN saw somebody specific in the car, he sure forgot to mention that to his two friends he told the story to. In addition, the car has tinted windows. It would be hard to see who is in there.

Criminals give up their partners in crime every single day. They turn on each other to try to cut the best deal.

It's accessory who can get the deal, not the other way around. I don't see prosecution giving EN the deal for turning in his driver, since driver isn't alleged to have been the shooter.

I'm going to be blunt here. Going strictly from the warrant, TM hunted down and harassed the people in the silver vehicle, up and down many streets. Even after the silver car retreated several times, TM kept up her relentless hunt. What was she hoping to accomplish? What was she expecting the outcome to be when she and her armed son confronted those people?

I don't doubt BM was waving his gun around at the silver car. And let's be honest, is the only reason TM is dead and not EN or someone else in the silver car only because BM was a lousy shot and/or not as quick on the draw? Probably. They lost the gunfight they sought out. Of course I'm sorry someone is dead, but it's hard to muster up a lot of sympathy for any of the parties involved in this fiasco, I have to be honest.

Yes, EN will probably spend time in jail. But there are no innocent parties here. At least as things stand now, IMO.

If EN saw somebody specific in the car, he sure forgot to mention that to his two friends he told the story to. In addition, the car has tinted windows. It would be hard to see who is in there.

Okay, you've convinced me. I believe the Meyers were telling the truth when they said that mom was giving sis driving lessons and they had a collision with another car and sped away and they got home and the other car pulled up and shot at them and Brandon had been sleeping at home and came out of the house returning fire with his shotgun.

Er... no.... I believe the Meyers were telling the truth when they said that mom was giving sis driving lessons and another driver sped up behind them then almost sideswiped them.

Er... no... I believe the Meyers were telling the truth when they said that the daughter honked at the other driver, and he passed them in the bike lane and then spun out in front of them.

Er.... I believe the Meyers were telling the truth when they said that after mom and sis got home, mom told Brandon to get his gun and get into the car because she wanted to go out looking for it.

Er.... I believe the Meyers were telling the truth when they said they didn't know who the shooter was and helped the police sketch artist produce a sketch that looks nothing like EN.

Er.... I believe the Meyers were telling the truth when they said they knew all along it was EN and that TM had spent many hours consoling him, feeding him, and telling him to pull his pants up.

Okay, I have to confess, I'm having trouble. Help me out here. If you believe the Meyers have been truthful, which version of the Meyers' story would you have us believe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214