GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are correct. I am disputing that EN "followed" anyone. It is his contention (and mine) that this was one fluid gun battle with two moving cars, the green one holding BM the entire time.

His own story as he told the friends is that he followed the green car. He doesn't say the car was shooting at him. He is the one who told friends he shot 22 bullets at the car.

I love this, thank you for posting. :) From the report TM and KM drove around a few times for driving lessons, the route you marked in red, is when, IIRC TM took over the driving so I'm wondering why she took the long way home, the school isn't far from her house. Then they encounter the Audi. Maybe TM and KM were heading someplace else after the driving lesson.

Thank you, PaperDoll. Your pictures and live video from the area are quite interesting and very appreciated as well!

Correct, the red route is all Tammy's driving from when they left the school. I also wonder why they took such a long way home, the school is only a minute or two from where they live.

And since I've been feeling so mapalicious, right now I'm working on a map of the routes Tammy and Brandon/Mystery Car took per the warrant. I'll post it soon!

His own story as he told the friends is that he followed the green car. He doesn't say the car was shooting at him. He is the one who told friends he shot 22 bullets at the car.

What he told friends is hearsay. It is irrelevant. Now that he has an attorney, that story has changed. I'm telling you, the lawyer is setting up a SYG case. He said today that his client feared for his life. That's the direction they are going. Watch and see.

What he told friends is hearsay. It is irrelevant. Now that he has an attorney, that story has changed. I'm telling you, the lawyer is setting up a SYG case. He said today that his client feared for his life. That's the direction they are going. Watch and see.

What else does his lawyer have? Of course he would claim self defense. I fail to see how this claim could possibly work, considering shooting happened at the Meyer's house and EN was driving by.

What else does his lawyer have? Of course he would claim self defense. I fail to see how this claim could possibly work, considering shooting happened at the Meyer's house and EN was driving by.

That doesn't matter, legally, in a state with SYG. Dont confuse Castle Doctrine laws with SYG. SYG makes your person your "castle." It doesnt matter WHERE you are. If you can convince a jury you felt threatened, then you can walk. EN can claim he went to the Meyers house to apologize, and when BM pulled a gun on him, he felt scared and fired his weapon.

My guess is because she was giving the description of the driver.
We know that's not true because the police stated that the sketch was no longer relevant immediately after EM was arrested.

Go back and listen to what he says and also re-listen to the police captain's presser.
No need. I heard Brandon himself claim that he promised not to share that he knew who the shooter was because it would hinder the investigation. Meanwhile, the police were very clear after EM was shot that they only learned about it a couple of hours prior to EM being arrested.

Didn't we just establish that in Nevada one can get a gun at 18? It was reported repeatedly his gun was legally registered.
Unlike you, I've lived with firearms my entire life. Being able to legally own guns does not dictate how households secure their guns, or how family members feel about one another having access to them. I made my first husband keep his firearms under our waterbed so he'd have to drain the waterbed before having access to the guns. I didn't trust his temper. We've already established that Brandon is a known hothead.

In my current household, we have a safe in the attic. Usually, every family member has access to the key to the safe because we're all very level headed. My husband is the most even tempered person I've ever know. But when any of my children were going through a difficult time emotionally, I have instructed my husband to secure the key.

My children are adults and one of them talks about getting a handgun of his own. I tell him not while he's living under my roof. Law doesn't dictate family rules. While grandmother's underwear drawer doesn't provide much protection from grabbing a gun while in passion, it does slow someone down, especially if grandmother rarely leaves her room. For all we know, the gun was in a small gun case in the drawer too.

Those two witnesses have no reason to lie and they have the cars on video. SYG won't work.

Exactly. That's really all they have. EN may have seen BM waving his gun, but when the Audi followed the Meyers back home - that's not self defence! Unless of course they are going to claim that EN had no choice because he was only a passenger in the vehicle and not the driver who chased down the Meyers to their home.

That doesn't matter, legally, in a state with SYG. Dont confuse Castle Doctrine laws with SYG. SYG makes your person your "castle." It doesnt matter WHERE you are. If you can convince a jury you felt threatened, then you can walk. EN can claim he went to the Meyers house to apologize, and when BM pulled a gun on him, he felt scared and fired his weapon.

Apologize for shooting multiple shots at the car?

It does sound like the lawyer is trying to lay the groundwork for a self-defense case.

However, you wrote, and I quote:
Did you see the new CNN.com story? EN says he was scared for his life, and was defending himself. In states with SYG laws, that is all it takes for an acquittal. You just have to claim you felt your life was in danger, and that is what EN is doing.

And that is simply not true.

EN might well be acquitted in this case, or at least get a hung jury. If that happens, IMO, it will be because of the deceptions, omissions and outright lies of the Meyers family. Not because of SYG. The Meyers family have created enough reasonable doubt about what happened that the state now has a very very high bar to get over in order to prove its case beyond a reasonable doubt.

Exactly. That's really all they have. EN may have seen BM waving his gun, but when the Audi followed the Meyers back home - that's not self defence! Unless of course they are going to claim that EN had no choice because he was only a passenger in the vehicle and not the driver who chased down the Meyers to their home.

Wouldn't he have to name the driver first?

Protect sister from what? If she were in the car when the car was shot at, how would that prevent her from living her childhood?
Protect her from going to jail!

Even Brandon isn't going to be charged with anything, and he admitted he shot at the silver car.
They didn't know that's how it would turn out at the time it happened. Their plan turned out to be a success----so far.

I made my first husband keep his firearms under our waterbed so he'd have to drain the waterbed before having access to the guns. I didn't trust his temper.

Now, that's funny! I once dated a guy whose sister had credit card problems. He made her freeze her credit card inside a block of ice, so that if she wanted to use it she had to thaw the block of ice first.

Protect her from going to jail!

They didn't know that's how it would turn out at the time it happened. Their plan turned out to be a success----so far.

For what could the sister possibly go to jail? She isn't alleged to have shot at anyone.

Obviously, that's silly. That was my point. He can claim whatever he wants. The spin has already begun. All he needs is one juror.

The spin began immediately after the shooting, when the Meyers family reported it as a road rage incident, and failed to mention that they knew the shooter and that the shooter was TM's pill supplier and that prior to the shooting Brandon was out driving around with a gun looking for EN. The Meyers started the spin. EN's lawyer is merely taking advantage of the confusion and chaos created by the Meyers.

Don't they need a warrant for that? To look at your phone?

LE can look just about anywhere without a warrant as long as they have consent of the owner- cell phone, car, house etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For what could the sister possibly go to jail? She isn't alleged to have shot at anyone.

I think it's clear that the Meyers family have been covering up something. We're not yet sure exactly what they've been covering up. It's possible the sister has done things that would make her eligible for one or more charges. It would likely be juvenile charges, but it's certainly possible she's done things that are illegal.

It's also possible that -- because she's the youngest, and the only girl -- they're simply protecting her in general. Don't let anything bad ever happen to our baby sister. Don't let the world ever think anything bad about our baby sister. Hmmmm.... taking that a step further, maybe their attitude is, Don't ever let the neighborhood drug dealer say anything or do anything against our baby sister. Maybe that's why Brandon was out there with his gun looking for EN.

We know that's not true because the police stated that the sketch was no longer relevant immediately after EM was arrested.

No need. I heard Brandon himself claim that he promised not to share that he knew who the shooter was because it would hinder the investigation. Meanwhile, the police were very clear after EM was shot that they only learned about it a couple of hours prior to EM being arrested.

Unlike you, I've lived with firearms my entire life. Being able to legally own guns does not dictate how households secure their guns, or how family members feel about one another having access to them. I made my first husband keep his firearms under our waterbed so he'd have to drain the waterbed before having access to the guns. I didn't trust his temper. We've already established that Brandon is a known hothead.

In my current household, we have a safe in the attic. Usually, every family member has access to the key to the safe because we're all very level headed. My husband is the most even tempered person I've ever know. But when any of my children were going through a difficult time emotionally, I have instructed my husband to secure the key.

My children are adults and one of them talks about getting a handgun of his own. I tell him not while he's living under my roof. Law doesn't dictate family rules. While grandmother's underwear drawer doesn't provide much protection from grabbing a gun while in passion, it does slow someone down, especially if grandmother rarely leaves her room. For all we know, the gun was in a small gun case in the drawer too.

re: sketch-incorrect. He said the sketch would make sense once they give us more details.

re: Brandon statement--link please.

re: knowing about EN--listen to the presser again. That is not what he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13