GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't we just establish that in Nevada one can get a gun at 18? It was reported repeatedly his gun was legally registered. And if we are not going to believe anything he says, why are we going to believe the gun was kept in grandma's drawer?

I don't believe for an instant that a 22-year-old man kept his gun in grandma's drawers.

Exactly! Who is to say they're not? My son moved out of state and ended up roommates with the son of someone involved in organized crime. Lots of crazy stuff happened within just a couple of months, and I went and brought my child home. The father ended up the subject of a grand jury investigation shortly afterwards. They were a normal looking upper middle class family from Massachusetts.

Has anyone checked to see if the family members have a criminal records in CA, NV or anywhere?

Even if we had, we couldn't report it here

EN was not there when the Buick FIRSt arrived at the house. I am wondering if Mom ran outside when she saw the kids arrive back home, and they are telling her what happened when the silver Audi suddenly came upon the scene. She and her daughter probably both attempted to run inside. Only one of them made it though.
That makes sense. I think in one version of their story there was a five minute lapse before the Audi arrived at the house. A later version said it was right behind them and he was trying to get his mother out of the car and into the house, but he pushed her back into the car because there wasn't time. The newer version might have been created to account for the lapse of time when the police asked why they were still outside when the Audio arrived.

I don't recall any versions of the story with 5 minute lapse for Audi to arrive at the house. The lapse was when mother and daughter arrived at the house and the son got into the car.

Did you see the new CNN.com story? EN says he was scared for his life, and was defending himself. In states with SYG laws, that is all it takes for an acquittal. You just have to claim you felt your life was in danger, and that is what EN is doing.

Do some reading on SYG

Agree to disagree. It takes time for those warrants to be processed from the carriers.

ETA: LE submits the requests and the carriers have their legal departments process it. It rarely happens in days.

The affidavit and declaration was composed prior to EN retaining counsel. Considering the number of cell phones and at least one land line that needs to be accessed and cross referenced - this is something we will see later in discovery at trial. More along the lines of the recently released search warrants in the McStay case (vs this case, which is in its infancy)

:moo:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All they had to do was just look at their phones.

Do some reading on SYG

Oh believe me, I have done tons and tons of reading on it. I'm a spokesperson for a foundation for moms in favor of stricter gun control laws. I have been interviewed by media outlets about gun laws. I assure you, I know this topic well.

Okay y'all I made a map of the driving routes between Tammy and her daughter and o' Mystery Car per the warrant. A couple points of interest is the distance between the first interaction between the two cars and from the school where Tammy started. Where were Tammy and her daughter going when they left the school? They weren't going home. And how did Mystery Car manage to find them so quickly? Mystery Car would have had to already know exactly where they were in order to catch up with them so quickly.

Another interesting thing I noticed is that after Mystery Car overtook TM, they turned right on Westcliff. It was then Tammy who followed Mystery Car!

vwr2iv.png

Please note the warrant says they turned onto Cimarron from Westcliff and then the silver car confrontation happened. So I don't know how far down Cimarron they actually were. That is just a guess.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zL0ttOittWuY.kyR2bT05oVE0
http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/0...5F02612X-declaration-&-complaint_Redacted.pdf

I love this, thank you for posting. :) From the report TM and KM drove around a few times for driving lessons, the route you marked in red, is when, IIRC TM took over the driving so I'm wondering why she took the long way home, the school isn't far from her house. Then they encounter the Audi. Maybe TM and KM were heading someplace else after the driving lesson.

The freaking AP reported at the beginning of this that the Brandon and Bob came out of the house and were shooting at the suspects car.

This is mostly a media problem combined with a grief stricken family IMO.

This one has the silver car following TM home, and the brother coming out shooting:
Meyers was shot Thursday after a confrontation with several people in another vehicle when she was on the way home from giving her daughter a driving lesson at a nearby school, according to the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department.

The other vehicle followed her home, and when she got out of her car, police say someone started shooting.
Meyers' 15-year-old daughter ran into the house before the shooting, and did not witness the incident. Police say one of her brothers came out of the house and fired back at the other vehicle​
http://abcnews.go.com/US/woman-shot-las-vegas-road-rage-incident-dies/story?id=28967429

This one doesn't mention anyone coming out of the house to fire back, but has the suspects following TM home and shooting. No mention of anyone goig back out to look for the suspects, either:
After an argument between the drivers, Meyers then drove home and summoned the help of an adult son as her daughter went inside the home.

Investigators say the suspect vehicle appeared outside the home, multiple shots were fired and the victim was struck by one round.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/road-rage-argument-shooting-death-nevada-woman/

This one also has suspects following TM home and gunfire, but doesn't mention who fired back:

On the drive home after the driving lesson, Meyers' vehicle collided with the suspect's vehicle, her husband, Robert Meyers, told the Review-Journal. Fearing the tense confrontation, she fled for home where gunfire broke out between the two parties.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/las-vegas-mom-dies-shot-road-rage-case-article-1.2116410

This one quotes Bob saying the suspects followed TM home and that Brandon came outside with a shotgun to return fire:

Meyers went around the vehicle and headed home. "She does an evasive move. Goes all the way home. He follows my wife home. My daughter runs in the house and he shoots my wife."

Robert Meyers said his son came out with a shotgun and fired back at the suspect vehicle, which had three occupants.

http://www.mynews3.com/content/news...th-car-offered-as/dKzMLz1R1kKT-LXJ884QTA.cspx

Let's recall.... Originally, all the reports had the suspects following TM home and the gunfire immediately. No mention, in the first days, of the Meyers arming up and leaving again to go look for the other guy. We were all gobsmacked when it was first reported that she got home safely, sent daughter inside, and told son to arm up and go with her to look for the other car. It was gobsmacking in part because it wasn't part of the original reports, and it was even more gobsmacking because it makes no sense.

Their story originally involved just TM and the daughter, and Brandon was innocently at home the entire time.

I'm guessing that at some point, the Meyers realized they were going to have to explain Brandon being in the car. Maybe they knew EN saw Brandon in the car, pointing his gun at EN. Maybe the police found the 9mm shell casing from Brandon's gun in the car. Maybe they figured out there might be surveillance video showing Brandon in the car. Maybe Brandon had his cell phone and they thought there might pings that would reveal that he was out and about and not at home.

So they had to come up with a story that put Brandon in the car. But they had already put out the story that TM had been giving her daughter driving lessons. So that's when they came up with the next version, involving TM & daughter getting home safely and getting Brandon to arm up & go with mom to look for suspect.

Just over a week ago there was a shooting in the Townhome complex I live in. Within 20 feet of my back door. We had 9-1-1 on the phone within 30 seconds of hearing shots fired. It was instinct to me, just trying to get help for whatever may have occurred at the scene as quickly as possible. I cannot imagine waiting to call 9-1-1 in this situation. That said, however, while we had 9-1-1 on the line within seconds, when we stepped out into the melee going on outside, one woman just kept shouting "Call 9-1-1!" repeatedly for about 3-4 minutes. I tried to tell her I was already speaking to them but she was in such a frenzy I guess she didn't comprehend what I'd said. Also, the person who was shot at had dialed 9-1-1 on his phone, however he did not press "send".

I guess what I'm saying it, while my instantaneous instinct was to summon help as rapidly as possible [which turned out to be a huge help as the perp didn't have time to ditch the gun or get rid of the fired shell casings he'd recovered and put in his pocket!], others were simply too shocked or just didn't dial for one reason or another.

There are at least 15 townhomes within very close proximity of where our shooting occurred and as far as we know, we were the only ones to call for help and speak with the police. [And hid the victim as the aggressor approached from around the corner-- victim's wife had locked him out of the home she ran to to shelter in, so he would have been a sitting duck!]. It's just crazy how differently people react to a crisis. I'm surprised nearby homeowners didn't call, though. It appears to be very populated area of Las Vegas.

Excellent post on how people can behave in a crisis. It most likely doesn't mean anything if they don't react the way we think we would react.

Especially in a situation where you have just witnessed your mom's brains being blown out in front of you.

Oh believe me, I have done tons and tons of reading on it. I'm a spokesperson for a foundation for moms in favor of stricter gun control laws. I have been interviewed by media outlets about gun laws. I assure you, I know this topic well.

You don't seem to be. Stand your ground means you don't have to retreat. You don't have a right to follow someone and shoot them, claiming you were afraid. It doesn't work that way.

So you should know that what you wrote about SYG laws is not correct.

This is not any sort of self-defense case, at any level, and it most certainly is not a SYG case, no matter how much EN claims that he was in fear for his life.

Maybe then you just need to read what happened in this case.

Bob was not there. Who knows where he got his ideas from? Why is he even talking to the press? He didn't witness anything. He just adds to the confusion. A lot of the conflicting stories are coming from him, but he isn't a witness.

I really don't think anyone here thinks that EN is innocent. However, I also don't believe that we are even close to knowing all the facts. I think we all, or most of us, can agree that EN deserves to go away for a long time for murdering Tammy Meyer. For me, I am still trying to wrap my head around why this had to happen, and why the public was sort of duped into believing that it was a random rage rage killing of an innocent mom giving her daughter driving lessons. What really transpired for Tammy to lose her life? Too many different stories out there as to what happened and it's all suspcious. First it seemed like a random road rage fender bender thing, then later police admit that it wasn't a random thing and that the cars never collided. Then we learned that Tammy went back to the house after the initial encounter and had her daughter wake up her son who then armed himself to go back out and find the car that frightened and threatened them. Later we find out that she knew the boy/man who gunned her down, but not for 5 or 6 days after the murder and a police sketch sent out. It just doesn't make any sense however you look at it when the story is told like this. It is very sad, very tragic that she was murdered, but how...how did this happen. What role did she play if any? Was she buying drugs from EN like the media and EN's attorney are hinting at? I am not dismissing EN's role in this, he is guilty that I am sure - but I am very curious what the entire story is.

You don't seem to be. Stand your ground means you don't have to retreat. You don't have a right to follow someone and shoot them, claiming you were afraid. It doesn't work that way.

You are correct. I am disputing that EN "followed" anyone. It is his contention (and mine) that this was one fluid gun battle with two moving cars, the green one holding BM the entire time.

So you should know that what you wrote about SYG laws is not correct.

This is not any sort of self-defense case, at any level, and it most certainly is not a SYG case, no matter how much EN claims that he was in fear for his life.

That depends entirely on whose version you choose to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7