GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think another should be FEAR.

Many cases involving severe mental illness would fall into that category. If everybody's out to get you, you'd be scared of them.

Someone could be afraid for their life. Many battered wives still get some kind of "X"-degree murder charges. Or as a last-ditch effort to get out of a situation they know they shouldn't have been in to begin with like hanging with a bad crew.

Or afraid they'd lose their freedom. One could have done something (or saw or know something) that would make them fear for their freedom (i.e. someone snitching on them). But I guess that freedom could be a form of power (although you'd be killing to keep from losing your freedom rather than gaining anything)

that whole control thing -- fear of being controlled by others vs exterting POWER over others

JMO

she probably called her son at some point during the day ((indications were he was feeling suicidal prior to the arrival of LE -- IIRC))

MSM gave distinct impression it was Mother's call to them that prompted them to the house....

That was the impression I got, too. She said she was still on the phone with him when she pulled up to the scene.

I feel really sorry for her. (May change that opinion later though.)

interesting too that both brothers were ''sleeping/napping'' yet daughter was up w/Mom.

There had been a b'day party for 20 yr old (2nd son? father of 14 mo. old) - don't know his whereabouts that evening.

That was the impression I got, too. She said she was still on the phone with him when she pulled up to the scene.

I feel really sorry for her. (May change that opinion later though.)

right now she's the hero of the story to me......she did the ''right'' thing....

During the week before the arrest, Brandon and his Dad went to EN's home several times and pounded on the front door, DEMANDING that he come out and talk to them. This happened BEFORE they ever told LE about EN.

This behavior has me questioning the Meyers. It does not make sense if they were afraid! Sorry to say, but only one person dead seems to be the best outcome....it could have been horrific.

Also, I'm leaning TM wasn't in the car! Something calls out a drug deal gone bad. It's very sad ~ only reason to not call the police is because it was illegal activity. If it was "road rage" they would've called 911 and had a different outcome.

Anyone know why Meyers aren't speaking to media anymore?

does anyone have the impression that there was a whole bunch of texting we haven't heard about?

This behavior has me questioning the Meyers. It does not make sense if they were afraid! Sorry to say, but only one person dead seems to the best outcome....it could have been horrific.

Also, I'm leaning TM wasn't in the car! Something calls out a drug deal gone bad. It's very sad ~ only reason to not call the police is because it was illegal activity. If it was "road rage" they would've called 911 and had a different outcome.

Anyone know why Meyers aren't speaking to media anymore?

bbm: I think they must be exhausted truthfully - ......- they have a funeral to deal with too....jmo

wrt to TM not being in the car --- yes! ""could have been me""" """she was protecting me""" ((I think that ""me"" was in the car)) JMO

does anyone have the impression that there was a whole bunch of texting we haven't heard about?

Yes, I do. Most people that age don't use their phones to make calls (which seems crazy to me.)

Edit - unless they are driving to or from California, hopefully.

Just out of pure curiosity, what is the geographical landmark Bob has on his FB page?

Has anyone yet speculated that perhaps some of the individuals involved in this case are part of an ongoing larger investigation that LE does not want to be disclosed? Perhaps the changing stories and elements that don't make sense are efforts to keep another case with greater implications from coming to light. The true facts of this crime could maybe jeopardize months/years of work of gathering evidence on a larger scale criminal enterprise. That's what makes the most sense to me. Some of the players here could actually be undercover LE and/or Confidential Informants, and all of the crazy stories of what happened leading up to the death of TM may be damage control attempts to preserve a bigger investigation. Possible? Plausible?

I think its possible LE isn't letting the Meyers family know all the know because the Ms have reasons for their "lies" and "obstructions of the investigation"... Maybe LE is playing along while investigating the Ms too. :moo: speculation....

Twitter chatter is saying TM was "involved" with EN but its not clear what "involved" means. EN supposedly told his friends this.... This is hearsay obviously

snipped from al66pine earlier post:
" Now back to being road rage? Okee-dokee then (sarc)....". bbm sbm

I don't think Brandon will be charged with anything period.
What will they charge him with? He broke no laws.
He had a legally registered firearm.
He has a legal right to defend himself and others from imminent danger.
He did not shoot his weapon at crime scene #1 when he certainly could have legally done when being fired upon by EN.
He only shot three times when the perpetrator came to the Myers home and unloaded his weapon striking and killing Tammy.
He didn't even break the law by taking his legally registered firearm with him. Even if he didn't have a CCWP he can take his firearm in his car if it is in plain sight.
It would be rather unheard of for the DA to charge EN with attempted murder of Brandon and then turn around and charge Brandon who didn't kill anyone and only used his weapon in self defense and even then only shot three times. I have never heard of that happening and it isn't going to happen in this case either. The DA is seeing him as a victim of ENs also or he wouldn't have charged EN with attempted murder of Brandon Myers.

As far as I know I haven't seen the DA back off saying this isn't a road rage and he is the one with the evidence in his hands and is going to be the one to try this case. When did the DA say it wasn't a road rage case
?

OBE--
1. A misunderstanding. My post said 'noW' back to road rage (did not say 'noT' road rage). Sorry.
1st day or so, case = road rage. Then more info coming out, per MSM and on SM, suggesting case = not just road rage.
I s/h/said prosecutor says, still road rage case, rather than back to road rage. Again, my apologies.

2. My earlier post just pointed out prosecutor's wording as leaving the door open to future charges re son.
Agreeing w your analysis about unlikelihood of charges against son.
IDK what they could be, wrt these events.

Thx for your post above, as well as many other insightful comments.

Yes, I do. Most people that age don't use their phones to make calls (which seems crazy to me.)

Edit - unless they are driving to or from California, hopefully.
haha

can't see M children NOT texting.....if Mom is driving KWIM......honking & texting brother is a possibility......and of course the fallout afterward....jmo

I don't think at all that they are quiet because of the Funeral. I just feel like they may have been either asked not to speak by Police or maybe their own atty. There are a lot of odd facts in this case that could be open to interpretation in a few ways..

So TM hasn't been buried yet? (No funeral?) maybe we will learn more after the funeral. (I mean, didnt OJ go to NBS's funeral?)

Furthermore, Bob Meyers told the media that they purposely didn't tell LE that they knew EN because they were afraid of EN. That validates the police were not told about EN at all.

I'm sure EN was very close friends with the Meyers children in the past, and that's how TM ended up mentoring him. That's how I end up mentoring all of the lost souls who end up on my doorstep. I don't just find random kids to take under my wings. They were my children's friends who practically lived at my house because they were my children's best friends. This is one aspect of the case I can relate to. I fully believe TM did feed him, etc. I'm always pulling out leftovers and feeding my children's friends when they walk in the door, even their long lost friends who turn up after going down the wrong path for a few years.

This is the shadiest part of the Meyers' account IMO. Bob is basically admitting that they knew the identity of the shooter and deliberately withheld that info from LE. Their reason for withholding that info just makes no sense. Just as it makes no sense that you'd get a gun and go looking for someone who'd threatened you rather than calling 911.

I get the feeling that EN's gang and the Meyers wanted to handle their differences without the intervention of LE at all.
JMO

Ugh. Wish I had never logged in to FB. Just going to distract me in 500 different directions, I fear.

This is the shadiest part of the Meyers' account IMO. Bob is basically admitting that they knew the identity of the shooter and deliberately withheld that info from LE. Their reason for withholding that info just makes no sense. Just as it makes no sense that you'd get a gun and go looking for someone who'd threatened you rather than calling 911.

I get the feeling that EN's gang and the Meyers wanted to handle their differences without the intervention of LE at all.
JMO

absolutely........

I think there was a whole bunch of texting going on between camps prior to the arrest......and hopefully that will assist LE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState