GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moved away? How far? One step? Two steps? Where was his mother when he was shooting?
Police have said she was right behind him.

According to the police arrest warrant, Brandon told police he pushed his mother back into the car and then moved several feet southeast of the car toward the south side of the cul de sac, toward the Meyers residence.

The silver car would have been east of Brandon. So he was southeast of his mother and the car, and firing in an east-ward direction. She should not have been able to get any GSR on her from his gunfire.

Source: http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/0...5F02612X-declaration-&-complaint_Redacted.pdf

According to the police arrest warrant, Brandon told police he pushed his mother back into the car and then moved several feet southeast of the car toward the south side of the cul de sac, toward the Meyers residence.

The silver car would have been east of Brandon. So he was southeast of his mother and the car, and firing in an east-ward direction. She should not have been to get any GSR on her from his gunfire.

Source: http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/0...5F02612X-declaration-&-complaint_Redacted.pdf

But the mother was not in the car when she was shot, was she? She must have gotten out at some point.

this is on twitter-- he is a reporter for ksnv. Maybe le hasnt released her body yet? Interesting.

Antonia castelan @castelantv

defense wants gsr test on tammy meyers body. Gunshot residue test
10:08am - 26 feb 15 tweet from las vegas, nv

wow...wowie wow!!

edited to say.... I need to catch up ..... you guys have it covered!

But the mother was not in the car when she was shot, was she? She must have gotten out at some point.

We don't know. Maybe she was shot while still in the car, but the door was open and she fell out onto the ground.

If you know of any source that tells us for sure where she was when shot and where she was found, I've love to see it. I haven't been able to find that information. I can only go by what the police report says Brandon told them, which is light on a lot of these details.

For all I know, she was in the front yard of the home, or near the front door, or two houses up the street. I can't find any solid information on that.

Except ... the son says that he moved away from the Meyers car when he shot at the suspect's car. If you believe the Meyers, there's no reason for TM to have GSR on her body or her clothing from being near Brandon when he fired his gun, because according to Brandon he wasn't near her when he fired his gun.

Yes - according to the arrest warrant affidavit, BM stated that he moved several feet away from the car and toward the house.

I think this statement lines up with what EN's friend told LE about EN saying he shot at one person running toward the house and at a person in the car.

If this info is accurate (I think it is), I'll be surprised if TM has any significant amount (if any at all) of GSR on her or her clothing. If there is any, I think it's only trace amounts and it's highly likely it was transferred from BM when he tried to render aid.

ETA: I see Sonjay beat me to it with the affidavit info. :)

Per below, seems like blank Rx pads, of anyone who may legally prescribe drugs,
would have security features noted below.

In ye olden days, when I was a child, physician's name & addresses were not always pre-printed on pads, & there was no bar-coding or magnetic strips/numbers like on checks. Again, IIRC. IMO. MOO.

Prescription Format
"The content of a prescription includes the name and address of the prescribing provider
and any other legal requirement such as a registration number (e.g. DEA Number in the United States).
Unique for each prescription is the name of the patient....
Each prescription is dated and some jurisdictions may place a time limit on
the prescription."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_prescription (^bbm,sbm)

"To make photocopying prescriptions more difficult, some medical practitioners use
prescription pads that contain security measures similar to those used on bank checks.
These security measures may be mandated by law—see Exhibit C for sample legal specifications. Legislation may mandate that only certain printers may print prescriptions
.[SUP][13]" ^bbm
[/SUP]
[SUP]http://psychology.wikia.com/wiki/Medical_prescriptions. [/SUP]

I have no idea how it's done in Vegas...
But I wanted to mention that there are many cities where the old fashioned prescription pads are basically not used anymore. The prescriber sends the prescription electronically to the pharmacy, directly. The patient just shows up at the pharmacy to pick up the already transmitted prescription.

Dr's offices, hospitals, doc in the box places, they all have a computer program that list all the pharmacies anywhere near. They ask you where you get your prescriptions filled, then they go back to their laptop, click on "your" pharmacy, and it's sent. I'm sure they could add one if someone came in from out of town.

If an individual showed up at a pharmacy with a handwritten prescription from one of the facilities that electronically transmits, I'd think that would be a humongous red flag and it would be followed up on immediately.

Oh, ok. I thought we weren't supposed to discuss that kind of stuff here.

We're not - in terms of posting rumors based on comments beneath news articles.

I haven't gone back to look, so I don't know whether or not a mod deleted those posts. I typically don't alert on posts unless I come across someone blatantly attacking another poster, because I don't like to bother our mods unless I personally feel it's necessary. Scroll and roll is my motto.

In defense of All66pine, I think she was merely trying to be helpful by providing info supported by links.

I like links. I like verified information and facts.

I DON'T like unsubstantiated rumors. I also DON'T like victim bashing. There's been a lot of that going on since the inception of these threads, but hopefully this discussion can move forward with a respectful exchange of ideas.

I don't know if just any Joe can register, but interesting nonetheless....

https://www.azrxreporting.com/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/default.aspx

ETA: For clarification, many states have gone to a controlled substance database, which is uploaded by pharmacies and accessible by physicians. This way, ER doctors, doc-in-a-box, urgent cares, or other providers can see if a patient is a "drug seeker" or "doctor shopping."

That's a dot com (vs. .org, .gov or .edu) site so i doubt it's officially run by any governing agency IMO. What should we be picking up there anyway?

And it's in Arizona, our case is in Nevada. I'm respectfully moving along...

That's a dot com (vs. .org, .gov or .edu) site so i doubt it's officially run by any governing agency IMO. What should we be picking up there anyway?

It's run by the state's pharmacy association. I amended my post above to explain a little further.

Can it even be proved that EN was in the silver car that night?

I am starting to wonder if there was a car? or another person driving? or if anyone was with EN? Anyone know who Michael Stone is, was he a witness with BM?

Police don't disregard unsubstantiated rumors because they often help solve crimes. They become facts in a case when the investigation substantiates them. But they start as unsubstantiated rumors and need to be heard and considered and ruled out.

I don't think it's victim bashing to consider the possible scenarios in an attempt to determine who is her killer. TM is the only victim. EN is a suspect. He's not a murderer until he is found guilty by a jury. It is possible he's innocent and someone else is the killer. As a result, anyone is a potential suspect worthy of being investigated, including TM's family members.

The lies were too great to view this as cut and dry. If the Meyerses hadn't lied soooooooooo many times, I wouldn't be questioning what happened that night to the extend I am now. Since motive is relevant, what TM was involved in can point to the motives of others and possibly turn out another suspect. It's not victim bashing to take that all into consideration.

It would be great to move forward with a respectful exchange of ideas. Not accusing people of victim bashing would help contribute to that goal. We're all here for the same reason---to figure out what happened to TM and hope justice is served.

Thank for so much for this, Miss Muffet. I agree completely.

Police don't disregard unsubstantiated rumors because they often help solve crimes. They become facts in a case when the investigation substantiates them. But they start as unsubstantiated rumors and need to be heard and considered and ruled out.

I don't think it's victim bashing to consider the possible scenarios in an attempt to determine who is her killer. TM is the only victim. EN is a suspect. He's not a murderer until he is found guilty by a jury. It is possible he's innocent and someone else is the killer. As a result, anyone is a potential suspect worthy of being investigated, including TM's family members.

The lies were too great to view this as cut and dry. If the Meyerses hadn't lied soooooooooo many times, I wouldn't be questioning what happened that night to the extend I am now. Since motive is relevant, what TM was involved in can point to the motives of others and possibly turn out another suspect. It's not victim bashing to take that all into consideration.

It would be great to move forward with a respectful exchange of ideas. Not accusing people of victim bashing would help contribute to that goal. We're all here for the same reason---to figure out what happened to TM and hope justice is served.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for posting this. I totally agree, and you explain the tricky parts of this case so well. We all care about the victim.

Random quick thoughts. This screams drugs to me.

Bob "retired" from his job? Why? Injury?
Tammy is a former nurse (supposedly), and nurses get hurt A LOT on the job.
Grandma and grandpa live with them? Did grandma keep her pills in her drawer along with the gun? A lot of elders do not like taking RX pain meds, etc.
Brother lives in Cali and Bob was making a "quick trip" to Cali that fateful evening. I'm not sure of the weed grow status in those towns, but that would be interesting to know.
Kid owns a head shop.

**scratches head**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members