GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

Ballistics testing will be able to determine whether or not the bullets were fired from EN's gun. When a bullet travels through the barrel of a firearm, the barrel leaves distinctive markings (striations) on the bullet. EN's gun & the recovered bullets are undoubtedly in a ballistics forensics lab at this moment, being analyzed.
I'm well aware. I want to know if all .45 caliber bullets on the scenes where from the same gun. I'm wondering if there might have been more than one .45 caliber handgun at the scene. We don't even know if they have EN's handgun or not. But they can tell if all of the .45 caliber bullets were fired from the same handgun by examining the bullets.

The possibility of Tammy having GSR inspired my question since there were only four 9mm bullets at the scenes.

This article seems to indicate the GSR and toxicology tests were already done, and the defense is merely trying to get the reports. Does everyone else interpret it that way too? Is there anything published that specifically says the defense is asking for tests to be done that haven't already been done?

Yes, Miss Muffet, I think you're totally right.

From the article:

Conrad Claus requested documentation... including a gunshot residue test on Meyers.

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/2820...s-to-court-in-moms-killing-case#ixzz3Ss3lHB1M

It's a short article, so to abide by the copyright rules, I can only paste that tiny snippet.

The judge ruled that Claus must appear before the court each time he wants to subpoena documents and/or people.

I agree with Oceanblueeyes - he was trying to circumvent the discovery procedure. The judge refused to play along. Good for the judge.

ETA: I just now saw Jenny's post above, so now I don't know what to think, per usual in this case.

Yes, Miss Muffet, I think you're totally right.

From the article:

Conrad Claus requested documentation... including a gunshot residue test on Meyers.

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/2820...s-to-court-in-moms-killing-case#ixzz3Ss3lHB1M

It's a short article, so to abide by the copyright rules, I can only paste that tiny snippet.

The judge ruled that Claus must appear before the court each time he wants to subpoena documents and/or people.

I agree with Oceanblueeyes - he was trying to circumvent the discovery procedure. The judge refused to play along. Good for the judge.

He requested documentation on 911 and toxicology. He requested actual test on GSR. He wants a court order a test for GSR on Tammy's body.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/defense-las-vegas-mom-killing-gunshot-residue-test-29247710

He requested documentation on 911 and toxicology. He requested actual test on GSR. He wants a court order a test for GSR on Tammy's body.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/defense-las-vegas-mom-killing-gunshot-residue-test-29247710

Thank you for finding that, Jenny. That was my initial interpretation, but after that Fox5Vegas article, it seemed otherwise. I think I'll follow ABC news on this case from now on.

I don't know how useful a GSR test will be at this stage if TM's body has been washed. If being the operative word.

Thank you for finding that, Jenny. That was my initial interpretation, but after that Fox5Vegas article, it seemed otherwise. I think I'll follow ABC news on this case from now on.

I don't know how useful a GSR test will be at this stage if TM's body has been washed. If being the operative word.
I suppose they could test the clothes. But she could very well have GSR on her clothes because she was in close proximity to her son who admitted he shot at the suspect's car.

After being in the hospital and the extended time period before the test is done, it's unlikely they'll find GPR even if it was there. The defense doesn't care if there is residue or not. He just needs to have the test done to cast doubt. If the test is done and they don't find anything, we can expect expert witnesses testifying that too much time lapsed to point to LE not doing a proper investigation. These experts can't be brought into trial unless the GPR is performed for the defense to raise questions about.

I'm well aware. I want to know if all .45 caliber bullets on the scenes where from the same gun. I'm wondering if there might have been more than one .45 caliber handgun at the scene. We don't even know if they have EN's handgun or not. But they can tell if all of the .45 caliber bullets were fired from the same handgun by examining the bullets.

The possibility of Tammy having GSR inspired my question since there were only four 9mm bullets at the scenes.

Yes, so there's much that we still don't know.

In addition to the questions you raised about the .45 shell casings recovered at the scene (note they said they recovered shell casings, not bullets):

Did they recover the bullet that hit TM? If so, was that bullet .45 caliber? (I think they sometimes can't tell for sure, but often they can.)

Do they have EN's .45 handgun? Did he have any other guns, either in his possession or in his house? Are they registered to him?

Do they have Brandon's handgun? What about any other handguns he or his family owns?

Where was TM's body in relation to the car and house?

Are there any other eyewitnesses or ear-witnesses?

Does that surveillance video of the silver car show the green car too, either before or after the silver car goes by?

Is there any other surveillance video from other cameras? What about video from the school or park?

Have they gotten warrants and acquired for examination phones owned by EN and the various Meyerses? And what do those phones show with respect to texts, phone calls, voicemails, locations and movements, etc.

Does the Meyers green car have any bullet holes in it? How about any other cars in the cul de sac?

Did they do a GSR test on Brandon and Kristal?

Do they know the name of the person the silver car belongs to? Have they found that person? Have they talked to that person? Does that person look anything like the police sketch that was released? What does that person say about what happened that night? Does that person admit to being the driver of the car that night?

Have they determined if there were any other passengers in the silver car?

Where is/was Brandon living? Does he in fact live at home with his parents?

Where was the other son's birthday celebrated earlier that evenings? Who was at the celebration?

I could easily fill up pages and pages with questions like these. If they go the grand jury route, we probably won't get many answers until the trial (assuming there's a trial).

In California, when one criminal/gangbanger type kills another there is a perception that these cases are not investigated or prosecuted with the same vigor as the death of a law abiding citizen. Juries are more willing to acquit and sentences are shorter. At trials, defense Lawyers will emphasize the victims criminality while the prosecutors will try to mitigate it. They are sometimes referred to as NHI ( no human involved) cases. I suspect it is the same in Nevada.

I haven't figured out what really happened here but I kind of suspect that TM and BM were not behaving in a manner consistent with being Law Abiding Citizens and I am open to the possibility that EN thought they were some other criminals who meant to do him harm. I suspect the overriding consideration in any plea bargaining or trial will be the degree of criminality of TM and BM.

I suppose they could test the clothes. But she could very well have GSR on her clothes because she was in close proximity to her son who admitted he shot at the suspect's car.

Except ... the son says that he moved away from the Meyers car when he shot at the suspect's car. If you believe the Meyers, there's no reason for TM to have GSR on her body or her clothing from being near Brandon when he fired his gun, because according to Brandon he wasn't near her when he fired his gun.

I've not yet seen any details on where that surveillance camera was. Does anyone know where the surveillance video came from, and where the camera was located and which way it was pointing?

Is there any verification from any official source that the grey car shown in the surveillance video is the grey car in question?

From what I've seen, it could be any grey car driving down any street anywhere. I hope there's information somewhere about that surveillance video that I just haven't heard about.

Not sure this is helpful but when I looked at the video it looks like it's coming from someone's house but not sure what street. It also looks like the car (Audi?) is getting ready to make a right turn, hard to tell though by the video.

A bit off topic now, but FYI.

Short answer: Many H/C professionals, besides physicians.
But not TM, if our search results (her NV & Ca nursing license status = 0) are accurate.

Long answer:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_prescription excerpts below.
"Who can write prescriptions (that may legally be filled with prescription-only items)"
All 50 states & DC

Some states:

Except ... the son says that he moved away from the Meyers car when he shot at the suspect's car. If you believe the Meyers, there's no reason for TM to have GSR on her body or her clothing from being near Brandon when he fired his gun, because according to Brandon he wasn't near her when he fired his gun.

Moved away? How far? One step? Two steps? Where was his mother when he was shooting?
Police have said she was right behind him.

I keep thinking this is a paid hit that went awry. Could be why no 911. We can't be sure TM ever insisted on going back out in the car.

I kept thinking that at first. But then the kids started making statements and I figured there is no way they were involved in the planning....

The content of a prescription includes the name and address of the prescribing provider and any other legal requirement such as a registration number (e.g. DEA Number in the United States). Unique for each prescription is the name of the patient. In the United Kingdom and Ireland, the patient's name and address must also be recorded. Each prescription is dated and some jurisdictions may place a time limit on the prescription

He claimed that he lied about her being a nurse like Muffet said?

I have a friend who volunteered at a hospital for a short time....pushing wheel chairs....she makes it sound like she was a nurse. I have another person in my life who was a receptionist in a dr. office.....she gives medical advice freely...based on her extensive experience...:facepalm:...The "nurse" business might be something like that....just a thought

I have been following this case and thread since its inception. I have the weirdest question about the silver car driver. IF that person was known to LE as a CI or UC would they still pursue that person or announce an arrest? I know the theories here about why the sketch is no longer relevant, I was just wondering if there is another possibility as to why sketch is no longer relevant.

I agree that if TM wasn't anywhere near BM when he fired his gun, then she shouldn't have any GSR on her from him firing the gun. I don't know how far GSR is expelled when a gun fires. It may depend on the type of gun/caliber, etc. In past cases I've followed, I remember hearing that it can travel several feet, with the concentration being diminished the further it travels.

I found this article:

Gunshot residues emitted from the muzzle will travel out to distances of approximately 3 and 5 feet in most firearms but in some cases can travel even greater distances. At the 3-5 foot range the gunshot residues may only consist of a few trace particles and make determining the firing distance difficult if not impossible.

The muzzle-to-garment distance can vary considerably depending on the firearm and type of ammunition being used. Short-barreled firearms and lower velocity cartridges will not normally expel residues as far as a high velocity rifle.

http://www.firearmsid.com/a_distancegsr.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member