GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Defense said they want to remove roadblocks to get her toxicology and the 911 calls... So they are on it.

Its not going to happen. I don't know why he thinks he is so special from any other defense attorney and gets to jump ahead of what the system entitles him to have in due process.

EN isn't even indicted yet is he? Until he is the DT has no right to discovery and he already knows that so I don't know what silly games he is trying to play other than trying to try his case in the media.

No wonder the DA supposedly said his request is disingenuous. He seems to be showboating to me.

I'm sure they have the surveillance of the green car in front of the silver. I do wonder if they have video of it reversing out of the cul-de-sac

Its not going to happen. I don't know why he thinks he is so special from any other defense attorney and gets to jump ahead of what the system entitles him to have in due process.

EN isn't even indicted yet is he? Until he is the DT has no right to discovery and he already knows that so I don't know what silly games he is trying to play other than trying to try his case in the media.

No wonder the DA supposedly said his request is disingenuous. He seems to be showboating to me.

Pretty typical for the defense.

I'm wondering how this is consider self defense???? EN's attorney, IMO, would have a hard time proving it was. EN drove to the Meyers house and shot at them. In the police report EN said he wasn't shot at, IIRC. He also said "he got those kids" The Meyers drove home after the 1st shooting happened, then EN followed them and took more shots. Where is the self defense?
The warrant says, "Altergott said Nowsch never told him the people in the green car ever shot at him." There's a big difference between Nowsch saying nobody shot at him, and Nowsch not saying it OR Altergott not remembering if Nowsch said it.

So it appears there will be a hearing tomorrow on the gun shot residue that the defense wants from off the victim. The prosecution opposes it (called it disingenuous). Boy, that would kill the DA's case if she did have gunshot residue on her hands.
This is an interesting development. Perhaps EN told his lawyer he saw TM shooting. Or perhaps he just wants to ensure all possible scenarios are considered by the police.

The prosecution opposing the test makes me feel like they're not interested in the truth, just forcing evidence to fit their theory. If they're so confident of their case, they shouldn't be worried about a GSR test on TM.

I'm wondering a few things. Did the police do a GSR test on Brandon and the daughter? Did the police analyze the .45 caliber bullets at both scenes to verify they were all fired from the same handgun?

JMO, YMMV and all that...
One person's showboating is another's responsible quest for the truth. Sometimes time is of the essence for requests for evidence which may otherwise not be provided or even obtained.

If TM was the driver of the green Buick (which I believe she was), then I seriously doubt she was the one who fired BM's gun. I don't see any reason for BM to state that he shot at the silver Audi if he didn't. What would he gain by making that claim if it wasn't true?

I think the defense is grasping at another straw, just as he was when he said he wants the judge to disallow EN's statements to police because LE allowed him to get high before they arrested him.

I hope the judge orders a GSR test on TM's body & clothing. I think if any GSR turns up on her, it will more than likely be due to being in the proximity of BM when he fired his gun - and the ME will definitely be able to determine if TM fired the gun or not, based on the GSR patterns & concentration (if any at all).

The GSR hearing is scheduled for tomorrow. IMO, the prosecutor shouldn't fight the defense on this.

Pretty typical for the defense.

While that is certainly true many of them don't try to sway the publics opinion by constantly being in the news. Many defense attorneys truly believe in trying the case in a court of law rather in the public. On some cases we never hear from the DT publically before a trial is held and only hear them speak when they are in a hearing or the trial. So I don't judge all defense attorneys by this guy who seems to be a showboater to me.

He doesn't fool me for one minute. He knows right this minute the DA has probable cause already but he wants the public (his potential jury pool) to mistakenly believe that a GJ would indict a ham sandwich even if there isn't probable cause. BS Which is a pure tee falsehood and not backed up by GJ indictments that have led to countless convictions or the defendant pleading guilty sometime after the indictment was handed down.

I don't like this lawyer who twists the facts and the court procedures.

He already knows right this minute he has no right to any of the evidence (discovery) at this juncture yet he spins it like a top because he truly thinks all of the public listening to him is too stupid to know how the justice system actually works.

I like defense lawyers who are straight shooters and stick to the facts. He knows the DA cant comment in public about what evidence he has so this guy runs with it putting out unsubstantiated theories and un-vetted speculation that have not been proven. He is also asking for things he knows he isn't even entitled to have at this juncture of the process.

<modsnip>

IMO

The warrant says, "Altergott said Nowsch never told him the people in the green car ever shot at him." There's a big difference between Nowsch saying nobody shot at him, and Nowsch not saying it OR Altergott not remembering if Nowsch said it.

This is an interesting development. Perhaps EN told his lawyer he saw TM shooting. Or perhaps he just wants to ensure all possible scenarios are considered by the police.

The prosecution opposing the test makes me feel like they're not interested in the truth, just forcing evidence to fit their theory. If they're so confident of their case, they shouldn't be worried about a GSR test on TM.

I'm wondering a few things. Did the police do a GSR test on Brandon and the daughter? Did the police analyze the .45 caliber bullets at both scenes to verify they were all fired from the same handgun?

BBM

Ballistics testing will be able to determine whether or not the bullets were fired from EN's gun. When a bullet travels through the barrel of a firearm, the barrel leaves distinctive markings (striations) on the bullet. EN's gun & the recovered bullets are undoubtedly in a ballistics forensics lab at this moment, being analyzed.

One person's showboating is another's responsible quest for the truth. Sometimes time is of the essence for requests for evidence which may otherwise not be provided or even obtained.

Yes, exactly. Once TM's body is released to the family, it's too late for a GSR test. If that's going to be done, it needs to be done now. The defense is not out of line in requesting this, IMO.

Also IMO, I don't see any legitimate reason for the prosecution to object.

While that is certainly true many of them don't try to sway the publics opinion by constantly being in the news. Many defense attorneys truly believe in trying the case in a court of law rather in the public. On some cases we never hear from the DT publically before a trial is held and only hear them speak when they are in a hearing or the trial. So I don't judge all defense attorneys by this guy who seems to be a showboater to me.

He doesn't fool me for one minute. He knows right this minute the DA has probable cause already but he wants the public (his potential jury pool) to mistakenly believe that a GJ would indict a ham sandwich even if there isn't probable cause. BS Which is a pure tee falsehood and not backed up by GJ indictments that have led to countless convictions or the defendant pleading guilty sometime after the indictment was handed down.

I don't like this lawyer who twists the facts and the court procedures.

He already knows right this minute he has no right to any of the evidence (discovery) at this juncture yet he spins it like a top because he truly thinks all of the public listening to him is too stupid to know how the justice system actually works.

I like defense lawyers who are straight shooters and stick to the facts. He knows the DA cant comment in public about what evidence he has so this guy runs with it putting out unsubstantiated theories and un-vetted speculation that have not been proven. He is also asking for things he knows he isn't even entitled to have at this juncture of the process.

I don't even like the way he looks. Something about his physical appearance/demeanor is off-putting to me.

IMO

BBM, Are you talking about EN's defense attorney? His appearance? Really?

JMO--I will wait and see how the entire case plays out before I decide how well he handled things. And I have zero interest in anyone's appearance, just for the record.

I don't recall anyone saying they were lying about the grandmother living there. Some felt it was a lie that he got the gun from her drawer. Big difference.

Just following up on why Brandon may have stored his gun in the grandmother's room. If he did, it may have been to keep the gun away from where his toddler nephew could access it. Perhaps the grandmother's room was on a different level or otherwise inaccessible to the baby. Seems like a weird thing to have made up because it is so irrelevant. Of all the things family members have said, that sounds likely to be true IMO because there wouldn't be any motivation to lie.

Are his backup lights on? This might be a photo of him reversing out of the cul-de-sac

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...f-suspect-road-rage-shooting-mother-four.html

oh wow! I hadn't seen that before. Two thoughts: 1) I don't think that is an Audi. If it is, it is a convertible A4, but those aren't very common and are usually "girl" cars. To me, this looks like a convertible 6-series BMW. The shape and lines of the body much more closely resemble a BMW. Who said it was an Audi? Where did that come from? If it came from the Meyers -- could they AGAIN be trying to mislead police?

2) I have NO doubt police know EXACTLY who owns this car. It has to be the second person they arrested (in the same Daily Mail link). They have EN's phone -- they know who he called or texted to pick him up from the park. It occurs to me that they just don't want the Meyers to know that they have this person in custody. But I have no doubt that they do, indeed, have him in custody.

If TM was the driver of the green Buick (which I believe she was), then I seriously doubt she was the one who fired BM's gun. I don't see any reason for BM to state that he shot at the silver Audi if he didn't. What would he gain by making that claim if it wasn't true?

I think the defense is grasping at another straw, just as he was when he said he wants the judge to disallow EN's statements to police because LE allowed him to get high before they arrested him.

I hope the judge orders a GSR test on TM's body & clothing. I think if any GSR turns up on her, it will more than likely be due to being in the proximity of BM when he fired his gun - and the ME will definitely be able to determine if TM fired the gun or not, based on the GSR patterns & concentration (if any at all).

The GSR hearing is scheduled for tomorrow. IMO, the prosecutor shouldn't fight the defense on this.

According to the Meyers story, Brandon did not shoot while they were both in the car.

According to the Meyers story, Brandon shot after they pulled into their cul de sac, and he moved away from the car.

So there's no reason that she should have any GSR on her in a pattern that would result from a gun being fired.

GSR transferred to TM by BM after the shooting would present a different pattern in different locations on the body than GSR from firing a gun.

IMO, the prosecution should not object to this. It makes it look as if they're afraid of what the test would show. And it gives ammunition to the defense to claim that TM fired the gun that night.

I personally don't think TM fired the gun. I would like to see a GSR test conducted that proves that she did not.

The quest for truth is found in a courtroom.

oh wow! I hadn't seen that before. Two thoughts: 1) I don't think that is an Audi. If it is, it is a convertible A4, but those aren't very common and are usually "girl" cars. To me, this looks like a convertible 6-series BMW. The shape and lines of the body much more closely resemble a BMW. Who said it was an Audi? Where did that come from? If it came from the Meyers -- could they AGAIN be trying to mislead police?

2) I have NO doubt police know EXACTLY who owns this car. It has to be the second person they arrested (in the same Daily Mail link). They have EN's phone -- they know who he called or texted to pick him up from the park. It occurs to me that they just don't want the Meyers to know that they have this person in custody. But I have no doubt that they do, indeed, have him in custody.

BBM

I believe that info came from EN's friends, who gave statements to LE regarding what EN told them after the shooting. It's in the arrest warrant affidavit.

Yes, exactly. Once TM's body is released to the family, it's too late for a GSR test. If that's going to be done, it needs to be done now. The defense is not out of line in requesting this, IMO.

Also IMO, I don't see any legitimate reason for the prosecution to object.

I'm completely uneducated regarding guns/gun shot residue, etc...so forgive me if my questions are silly. Do you know how reliable GSR testing is? How long can that residue truly stay on someone (even if deceased)? Wouldn't moving the person, etc. compromise any of that?

I haven't fully formed my opinion on ENs attorney, but I DO think he was a good choice for EN.

BBM

Ballistics testing will be able to determine whether or not the bullets were fired from EN's gun. When a bullet travels through the barrel of a firearm, the barrel leaves distinctive markings (striations) on the bullet. EN's gun & the recovered bullets are undoubtedly in a ballistics forensics lab at this moment, being analyzed.

Do we know if they have the gun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member