GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
5 guests!
Please join us in posting - we would love to hear your thoughts and analysis.
:thinking::thinking::thinking:

I would think so, but it sounds as thought they took the Meyer children's word as face value.

This, IMO, could be reasonable doubt, wrapped up in a box with a bow.

This is unfortunate for the pursuit of truth and justice. It allows for conjecture, and for suspicion to swirl. A GSR test could have answered the questions via evidence.

For me, I want to know why it was so necessary to control the narrative. We may never know the answer, but at this juncture, this seems highly suspicious, bordering on sinister. I can only imagine what the defense attorneys will do with it in open court.

:moo:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tammy's clothes at the time of the shooting should still be in an evidence box or at a lab being tested.
GSR can still possibly be obtained. Yes, it might be diminished from outside contact.
It would definitely be worth testing.

I missed this post, charminglane :blushing:

I hope you're correct. The tweet posted earlier today may not be the end of the road, but it certainly sounded so.... dismissive.

ETA: my apologies: today is Friday :blushing:

The upcoming hearings have much riding on it, IMO. I expect to hear the Claus Brothers, Esq. ask some pretty tough questions of the DA's office in regards to evidence. IMO, they are within their means to want to know what has (and has not) happened, and why.

The fact this is a potential capital case certainly plays into it. They are charged with providing a vigorous defense for their client. It is what our adversarial system is all about. I truly hope all is not lost.

The truth should be at the crux of all of this, because whatever happened on that fateful night ended TM's night. It still really bothers me that from the moment we found out about this case, the truth seemed to get further away, as the days passed. I think that's what frustrated so many of us here. Hopefully, those days will be behind us (soon), and we can finally move towards justice, wherever that leads.

:twocents:

Don't have much to contribute as I rely on you fabulous posters for keeping me updated! All I can say is this is the most unusual "road rage" case I have ever seen. Did I read correctly that there is a hearing tomorrow?

Did I read correctly that there is a hearing tomorrow?
Can't be. Tomorrow is Saturday. I believe the preliminary hearing is March 10th.

Defense could file motions that result in other court appearances prior to that, I suppose.

Don't have much to contribute as I rely on you fabulous posters for keeping me updated! All I can say is this is the most unusual "road rage" case I have ever seen. Did I read correctly that there is a hearing tomorrow?

:)

Deleted - it was today! The next hearing is in early March.

:blushing:

I hadn't been reading here for a couple of days,since I've been following the JA trial. I had hoped that some of my nagging questions would have been answered,but I see there still seems to be much confusion and questions. I really wondered what the relationship between TM and EN was. Was she acting as a mentor to this troubled boy or was she somehow involved in drugs? She certainly didn't deserve to die,but I just have questioned the story of their relationship. Sorry for just jumping in.

Based on info below, personally ATM, not convinced that TM had been returned/released to fam or funeral home, as of Th 02/26 hearing.

Return of remains = not stated as fact but only a possibility.
From link below, pub 02/26 updated 02/27 re poss of GSR on TM (bbm), exact words:
“It is my understanding that Tammy Meyers, may have in fact, been returned to the family,” said Claus. “Obviously, no testing can be done at that point, either through contamination or just out right funeral rights having been completed.”
.... last night someone posted an article last night that says the body was already released....
http://www.8newsnow.com/story/28215313/nowsch

'already' returned, in both tweets below but tweeted stmts get over-simplified sometimes, imo, bbm.
@nickfox5vegas and @Joe_Bartels both reporters (different stations) both confirm TM's body has already been returned to her family.
" Nowsch's defense attorney Gus Claus. He confirms Tammy Meyers' body has been turned over to the family." @nickfox5vegas
"reported ... @8NewsNow. #TammyMeyers remains have been released to the family. No testing can be done." @joe_bartels

Below, makes sense. Any LE or MSM saying GSR tests were not done on M fam that night?
Wouldn't investigators do this test on everyone involved (entire family & victim)? I would think it's protocol!

A ray of poss sunshine below?
Tammy's clothes at the time of the shooting should still be in an evidence box or at a lab being tested.
GSR can still possibly be obtained. Yes, it might be diminished from outside contact...

In light above, not yet convinced that GSR tests were not done, jmo, moo. Wish we knew.

Wouldn't investigators do this test on everyone involved (entire family & victim)? I would think it's protocol!

No, it's not protocol. She was a victim who was shot. I don't see why testing her would be necessary. And the suspect didn't even allege anyone was shooting at him (at least when he was telling the story to his friends).

I'm shocked it wasn't done. The entire purpose of murder autopsy is to determine what happened, not just cause of death. That's a serious flaw in the investigation, IMO. If they want a solid case against a suspect, you'd think they'd want all evidence possible to prove a defendant didn't shoot in self defense. Now that there's no proof that TM didn't have GPR on her, that can create doubt for a jury. What type of police department and coroner simply trust family statements without investigating a murder to the fullest? Seems like "whatever happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" is true!

She was in the hospital for days, with doctors were trying to save her life. I think they were more concerned with trying to save her than testing her for GSR. Given that, even if body were to be tested, I find it very unlikely they would even find GSR. So I think this is nothing but smoke and mirrors.

Vegas mom's body returned to family with no defense testing - My News 4 - KRNV, Reno, NV

(snip)
Deputy District Attorney Christopher Hamner told a Las Vegas judge on Friday that 44-year-old Tammy Meyers' body was no longer at the Clark County coroner's office.

That made moot a defense request to conduct tests to see if Meyers or someone near her fired a gun before she died.

(snip)

They (The Claus Brothers) say they want to investigate every possible angle in the fatal Feb. 12 shooting, including whether Meyers had a gun.

http://www.mynews4.com/news/local/s...to-family-with-no/n454i08ZtkWxQmxy2s_e6A.cspx

Sorry! but when you don't have a suspect in custody and just "stories" from the family you DO test everyone! The investigators had plenty of red flags to double check and retrace any original investigations that were done. This would include gun residue!

Also, I thought the same this morning....Was body released after DA found out defense was requesting this test??.....I sure hope that isn't the case!!!

I was wondering if they did a toxicology test on her. It just seems so strange that she would go and look for this guy. That's why I was wondering if she was taking any type of drug, prescribed or not.

No, it's not protocol. She was a victim who was shot. I don't see why testing her would be necessary. And the suspect didn't even allege anyone was shooting at him (at least when he was telling the story to his friends).
Since autopsies are often done long before a suspect is identified, these tests should be done on all gunshot victims. It strengthens the prosecution to not leave this to doubt that self defense was possible.

She was in the hospital for days, with doctors were trying to save her life. I think they were more concerned with trying to save her than testing her for GSR. Given that, even if body were to be tested, I find it very unlikely they would even find GSR. So I think this is nothing but smoke and mirrors.
Highly unlikely a strong argument. Solid evidence via a test that shows there was no residue leaves no doubt.

This is just the type of thing defense attorneys hope happens because smoke and mirrors can create doubt.

Thx Kimi for your post, cut & pasted below. Now clear to me that ATM's remains were released from ME/coroner's office.

IIUC, Def team asked for ct to order that def. experts conduct tests on her remains.
W the particular questions def team raised in motion & hearing,
would prosecutor be obligated to disclose existing info re any swabs LE/ME did?
I'm not asking whether prosecutor w/have to disclose test results or findings,
but would he have to disclose existence of evd collected?
IOW, is it still poss LE or ME did swabs, already/soon will be at lab for the scanning electronic microscope exam (but prosecutor did not have to disclose that)?

...."Deputy District Attorney ... Hamner told ... judge on Friday that 44-year-old Tammy Meyers' body was no longer at the Clark County coroner's office.
"That made moot a defense request to conduct tests to see if Meyers or someone near her fired a gun before she died."
"They (The Claus Brothers) say they want to investigate every possible angle in the fatal Feb. 12 shooting, including whether Meyers had a gun."
]

Kid had a rough childhood. That's really sad that his dad fractured his skull when he was a baby, and then the father committing suicide - that had to have been very emotional for EN. I'm not dismissing EN's actions however, although I do see how it could have shaped his thinking. If he gets convicted these facts will certainly come into play during mitigating his sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj