GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This story was filed last night and updated at 06:08am this morning. The embedded video and story still hold interesting details IMO:

Suspect's attorneys: Defense hindered by roadblocks - Las Vegas MyNews3 - KSNV
LAS VEGAS (KSNV My News 3) –Attorneys for the teenager accused of killing a Las Vegas mother of four complained Thursday that their efforts to get information from authorities are being blocked.

Augustus Clause, attorney for Erich Nowsch, 19, told Judge Conrad Hafen he wants the district attorney to be more selective in issuing subpoenas. He is challenging some of the state’s subpoenas.

Clause said he wants to remove obstacles to getting information such as the 911 recordings and the toxicology report on Tammy Meyers, whom Nowsch is accused of shooting. He insisted the defense is not getting a fair shake in obtaining records from Metro.

Embedded video & More@Link
http://www.mynews3.com/mostpopular/...as-shooting-court/_jV9b32rDEClYg3j6KyFYA.cspx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gonna add this too....he is SO tiny for a boy! I'm a 5 foot tall string bean of a female and I got teased and picked on as a kid to no avail! It leveled off a bit in high school, but I still got picked on for being short - got called all the names, and girls would tease me because I was/am flat as a board and developed very late. I can't imagine being a tiny BOY. I'm betting he got picked on and beat up frequently.

O/T That's funny, I was always the tallest string bean female in school and I always longed to be a shorty lol. We always want what we can't have, eh?

I agree, I am always struck by how positively waifish EN looks when I see him in court. He really does look so tiny.

I could be totally wrong about this---I am just thinking out loud. But the first time I saw him I wondered if he might be a 'Fetal-Alcohol-Syndrome' kid. He has a bit of that look in his facial features and he is very under developed/small. And I don't think he is all that bright. So it occurred to me that he might be FAS?

Katydid I actually researched it because I wondered this myself when he was first arrested. But he doesn't have all of the characteristics of FAS, such as the smooth phyltrim (the area between the nose and mouth) or the eyes.

I'm sorry it happened, but I could care less about his head injury with regards to this case. If his brain is injured so bad that it made him splatter Tammy's brains in her front yard, then he needs to stay in prison the rest of his life because he's gonna do it again.

I agree with you there. EN sounds like bad news and I'm sorry that he and TM ever crossed paths.

O/T That's funny, I was always the tallest string bean female in school and I always longed to be a shorty lol. We always want what we can't have, eh?

I agree, I am always struck by how positively waifish EN looks when I see him in court. He really does look so tiny.
I was a tall string bean too---the tallest student in my class of 800 students in 7th grade. Around 9th and 10th grade, the boys started shooting up, and I wasn't the tallest anymore. But I like my height.. I wish I had curly hair though. LOL

Waifish is the perfect adjective for EN. His giant attorney magnifies it. The jury might not have a hard time believing he feared for his life.

I was a tall string bean too---the tallest student in my class of 800 students in 7th grade. Around 9th and 10th grade, the boys started shooting up, and I wasn't the tallest anymore. But I like my height.. I wish I had curly hair though. LOL

Waifish is the perfect adjective for EN. His attorney being gigantic magnifies it. The jury might not have a hard time believing he feared for his life.

I love my height now, too! But I wish I had straight hair lol.

You're right, I didn't even think about the juxtaposition of his gigantic (lol) attorney and him. Small people look less intimidating. Reminds me of during Jodi Arias' trial, when in an attempt to make her appear more diminutive, her attorneys gradually lowered her chair down so much she probably could have popped underneath the defense table for a nap and nobody would have noticed she was missing.

HA HA! My sister in law is 5'10 and I'm 5'0. She feels like Shriek around me, and I feel like a Tele-tubby character around her! She'd like to be short, I'd like to be tall. Or at least 5'4! I'm getting too old to be wearing 5 inch heels! People pat me on the head when I'm wearing flats, and make "you're so cute" comments. I don't want to be cute. I want to be tall and beautiful! LOL! When I read that EN took growth pills my first thought was a selfish one...."Did my parents know about these pills? And WHY wasn't I given any!" :blushing:

Yes, EN is a tiny little fella - almost pixie like. If I hadn't known he has done such a horrible thing I might view him as adorable (well...cleaned up a bit, pants pulled up and sans-tattoos), but he is a murderer none the less...or at least I think so. And yes, his height will definitely work to his advantage in this case.

HA HA! My sister in law is 5'10 and I'm 5'0. She feels like Shriek around me, and I feel like a Tele-tubby character around her! She'd like to be short, I'd like to be tall. Or at least 5'4! I'm getting too old to be wearing 5 inch heels! People pat me on the head when I'm wearing flats, and make "you're so cute" comments. I don't want to be cute. I want to be tall and beautiful! LOL! When I read that EN took growth pills my first thought was a selfish one...."Did my parents know about these pills? And WHY wasn't I given any!" :blushing:

Yes, EN is a tiny little fella - almost pixie like. If I hadn't known he has done such a horrible thing I might view him as adorable (well...cleaned up a bit, pants pulled up and sans-tattoos), but he is a murderer none the less...or at least I think so. And yes, his height will definitely work to his advantage in this case.

BBM :floorlaugh:

This February 27th, 10:00 PM article discusses the abuse head injury as a possible defense:

Head injury to Vegas shooting suspect as child could be used by defense

Attorney Augustus Claus said he wants to investigate the extent and effect of the injury on Nowsch before deciding whether to use it in his client's murder defense.

"Obviously, an injury like that has potential for long-term consequences," Claus said.

Clark County District Attorney Steve Wolfson will consider Nowsch's childhood injury while deciding whether to seek the death penalty against him.

Dr. Jeffrey Max, neuropsychiatric research director at Rady Children's Hospital in San Diego, said a doctor evaluating Nowsch would consider the severity of the injury, Nowsch's personal and family psychiatric history, evidence of defiance, mood swings and violent or impulsive behavior, and even his family income level.

His father's actions would also come into play, Max said.

"The head injury could be one component of multiple risk factors," Max said. "It could suggest he had a multitude of factors himself, and a genetic risk toward violence."

The baby was taken to University Medical Center in Las Vegas and diagnosed with a right parietal skull fracture, severe bruising on his back and a handprint bruise on his left buttock, according to an Oct. 9, 1995, police report.

EN's lawyer reminds me of John Fetterman, mayor of Braddock, PA. He's a really cool dude with a Harvard masters in public policy who has devoted his life to trying to save one of the most depressed, crime ridden steal towns in the rust belt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Fetterman_(politician)

Google images show his stature better than the picture in the wiki link.

Maybe all big, tall, bald guys look alike, but these two look like brothers to me. LOL

This February 27th, 10:00 PM article discusses the abuse head injury as a possible defense:

Head injury to Vegas shooting suspect as child could be used by defense

Well, the defense attorneys appear to be covering all their bases.

IMO, with respect to childhood head injuries, growth hormone deficiency, or whatever else the defense comes up with, if he knew right from wrong at the moment he shot TM, he's guilty.

Assuming this goes to trial, I imagine we'll learn quite a bit about EN.

I hope we also learn more about TM. I still can't get my head around the idea that this loving, motherly 44-year-old woman would leave her daughter at home alone and take her armed son to go hunt down a road rager that she had safely escaped from. Did she have any history of that sort of thing? Was she the neighborhood traffic vigilante, regularly chasing down bad drivers? Why would she have made that choice that night? If her intentions were innocent -- oh, say, she knew it was EN and she just wanted to talk to him -- why would she have had Brandon get his gun and go with her? And if she didn't know it was EN, then how on earth did she expect to find the other car, and what were her intentions in having Brandon bring his gun?

This is primarily why I keep going back to the theory that TM wasn't even in the car that night. I don't think she was that kind of person. I don't think she would have done that. I just can't go along with the crowd that throws TM under the bus after she's no longer here to defend herself.

IMO, with respect to childhood head injuries, growth hormone deficiency, or whatever else the defense comes up with, if he knew right from wrong at the moment he shot TM, he's guilty.
The article says this is most relevant to determining sentencing. I believe it will impact the sentencing decision even if he knows right from wrong.

This is primarily why I keep going back to the theory that TM wasn't even in the car that night. I don't think she was that kind of person. I don't think she would have done that. I just can't go along with the crowd that throws TM under the bus after she's no longer here to defend herself.
You're basing the bolded on nothing but your own parenting. Remember, like you said, we know NOTHING about Tammy. There are people who would do that type of thing, even mothers. We can't imagine she would be like that because we would never purposely put our own children at risk.

I'm still on the fence about her being in the car or not.

The article says this is most relevant to determining sentencing. I believe it will impact the sentencing decision even if he knows right from wrong.

Well, to get all technical, the article says that the DA will consider the childhood injury in considering whether to seek the death penalty. And it says the defense attorney said "he wants to investigate the extent and effect of the injury on Nowsch before deciding whether to use it in his client's murder defense."

That sounds to me like defense may in fact be considering some sort of defense based on the head injury. I doubt they will, but at this moment it appears to be on the table as one of their options.

You're basing the bolded on nothing but your own parenting. Remember, like you said, we know NOTHING about Tammy. There are people who would do that type of thing, even mothers. We can't imagine she would be like that because we would never purposely put our own children at risk.

I'm still on the fence about her being in the car or not.

Well, I also base my opinion on the parenting of every parent I've ever known, and what I know about parenting in general. TM has been described as a good mother, a loving woman, a motherly type who consoled EN and gave him food.

If she had a history of chasing down road ragers or bad drivers to confront them, I'd more easily believe that she chose that course of action on that particular night. If she had never done such a thing before, I have a great deal of trouble believing that she chose to do it on that particular night. People tend to behave in character; someone who has never done that sort of thing before isn't very likely to suddenly choose to do it. IMO.

Well, the defense attorneys appear to be covering all their bases.

Guilty, yes, but past history stuff during sentencing phase- mitigation and aggravation.

Guilty, yes, but past history stuff during sentencing phase- mitigation and aggravation.

Oh, yeah, definitely could be mitigating factors for sentencing.

If the Meyers' story is true that TM took Brandon and his gun and went out hunting for EN, I think that would also be a mitigating factors. Because once the original encounter was over, it was over, and for the second encounter, TM and BM were the instigators.

Whoa! The next to last paragraph of this article, from RM's interview with N. Grace:

"How do we know my son didn't fire first? It doesn't matter. They were at our home!"

That suggests to me that there's a possibility that Brandon did fire first in the cul de sac. It sounds like RM is planting the seeds for justifying that in case it comes out somehow.

It doesn't matter whether Brandon fired first? Well, maybe it does and maybe it doesn't. But it would sure be nice to know the truth.

I also have trouble believing TM acted in the way she is being betrayed. Could EN have been hired to kill her? Just thinking of other possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes