GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kid had a rough childhood. That's really sad that his dad fractured his skull when he was a baby, and then the father committing suicide - that had to have been very emotional for EN. I'm not dismissing EN's actions however, although I do see how it could have shaped his thinking. If he gets convicted these facts will certainly come into play during mitigating his sentence.

And the dad had a cocaine/drug problem and a temper problem as well. So life was probably a bit rough for EN growing up. I am not excusing him, or his violent actions, just trying to understand him a little better. Trying to understand why he seemed to turn against those who tried to help him. But I guess that is just DRUGS talking.

Sorry! but when you don't have a suspect in custody and just "stories" from the family you DO test everyone! The investigators had plenty of red flags to double check and retrace any original investigations that were done. This would include gun residue!

Also, I thought the same this morning....Was body released after DA found out defense was requesting this test??.....I sure hope that isn't the case!!!

If that's the case, then the defense has something they could use if they had to appeal a guilty verdict. At least, that's just IMO.

And the dad had a cocaine/drug problem and a temper problem as well. So life was probably a bit rough for EN growing up. I am not excusing him, or his violent actions, just trying to understand him a little better. Trying to understand why he seemed to turn against those who tried to help him. But I guess that is just DRUGS talking.

Gonna add this too....he is SO tiny for a boy! I'm a 5 foot tall string bean of a female and I got teased and picked on as a kid to no avail! It leveled off a bit in high school, but I still got picked on for being short - got called all the names, and girls would tease me because I was/am flat as a board and developed very late. I can't imagine being a tiny BOY. I'm betting he got picked on and beat up frequently.

Kid had a rough childhood. That's really sad that his dad fractured his skull when he was a baby, and then the father committing suicide - that had to have been very emotional for EN. I'm not dismissing EN's actions however, although I do see how it could have shaped his thinking. If he gets convicted these facts will certainly come into play during mitigating his sentence.

I think it is sad and I really feel for EN believe it or not. He seems like a scared teenager trying to be tough and to fit in. HOWEVER, he committed a crime by is own free will, IMO, and that can not get a free pass because he had a tough childhood. A lot of people have tough childhoods that don't commit crimes like this. Again, there has to be more to this case than what we are hearing from the media.

Yes! I feel like I have more information on EN, to bad it's not info on TM. The more you know about someone the more you connect. Not saying that EN deserves a pass. But we don't know what the status of his support before the crime. It was nice to see his mom in court on Monday. I am sure she is at her wits ends! And, I do think EN deserves great council, it's our judicial system. So many court appointed attorneys are less than average.
I will probably switch gears if prosecution, LE, Meyers, and DA all shoot straight (no pun intended!) Until then I am staying curious and watching for updates!

This case has me banging my head!

I believe the neighbors that EN is bad news. If he "gets away with it", he'll think he is invincible. There was probably no way to save him from himself....but I seriously doubt he'll be scared straight

Gonna add this too....he is SO tiny for a boy! I'm a 5 foot tall string bean of a female and I got teased and picked on as a kid to no avail! It leveled off a bit in high school, but I still got picked on for being short - got called all the names, and girls would tease me because I was/am flat as a board and developed very late. I can't imagine being a tiny BOY. I'm betting he got picked on and beat up frequently.

I could be totally wrong about this---I am just thinking out loud. But the first time I saw him I wondered if he might be a 'Fetal-Alcohol-Syndrome' kid. He has a bit of that look in his facial features and he is very under developed/small. And I don't think he is all that bright. So it occurred to me that he might be FAS?

He doesn't have FAS features.
His upper lip doesn't look thin, and he has a normal looking philtrum.

I believe the neighbors that EN is bad news. If he "gets away with it", he'll think he is invincible. There was probably no way to save him from himself....but I seriously doubt he'll be scared straight

ITA. I believe the neighbors too. There was a neighbor who claimed he was trying to help EN, but EN turned on him. I don't think there is any way to "help" him.

Regarding EN's physical appearance and stature. It has been said by neighbors that he had to take pills to grow. I noticed his mom was on the small side and thought that contributed to his smallness, but if he had to take pills to grow - wouldn't that mean there was some type of health issue that caused him not to grow?

A bit O/T from this specific case at http://swggsr.org/documents.html
(Scientific Working Group for Gunshot Residue org.)
Click on 'The Current Status of GSR Examinations' for 9 page pdf,
published May 2011, in FBI/Law Enforcement Bulletin.

Pages 2, 3, 4 (pp 25,26,27 of pdf)
How samples are collected at scene, from hands, body, clothing, etc.
How samples can be inadvertently contaminated, at the scene, by the collector tech/LE, etc.
How washing hands can wash away GSR.
How different private labs set diff criteria for accepting samples (GSR, fingerprints, drugs, hair, etc).
Then tech stuff testing procedures.(other pp)

Pages 6, 7, 8 (pp 29, 30, 31 of pdf).
Reporting
Testimony by GSR expert.
Questions that def team asks.

Interesting, imo, jmo, moo. YMMV.

Regarding EN's physical appearance and stature. It has been said by neighbors that he had to take pills to grow. I noticed his mom was on the small side and thought that contributed to his smallness, but if he had to take pills to grow - wouldn't that mean there was some type of health issue that caused him not to grow?

Not necessarily.

"And, in the United States, human growth hormone is approved to treat so-called idiopathic short stature -- that is, short stature with no known medical cause -- when a child is below the first percentile for height."

http://www.webmd.com/children/news/20130327/should-short-boys-take-growth-hormone

Possibly. Growth hormones are used to treat growth hormone deficiency. A neighbor in my childhood had it. His parents were able to decide his height by choosing when to stop the pills, which they did at 5'10" or a little taller. He ended up being near 6'. He didn't look like this EN waif though. He looked like a normal, healthy, strong man when he was done with the treatment.

I could be totally wrong about this---I am just thinking out loud. But the first time I saw him I wondered if he might be a 'Fetal-Alcohol-Syndrome' kid. He has a bit of that look in his facial features and he is very under developed/small. And I don't think he is all that bright. So it occurred to me that he might be FAS?

Another thought? Failure to Thrive (low calorie intake as an infant)

When I heard about this case, I thought this was not a road rage case. I somehow thought this was a targeted crime, possibly drug related.

Failure to thrive seems most likely since we know he was abused.

Hormone deficiency is one of many causes of failure to thrive too though.

If I lost someone I loved and people were saying vile things about my loved one, family or friend - I wouldn't let that stop me from sharing wonderful things about the person I loved. That's just me though. I do feel very sad for the Meyers that they have had to endure some pretty vile things - no family should be treated like that during their sad time of grief. However, they have to take some responsibility because they seem to have misled the public as to what really happened that night. Maybe they were trying to protect their mom by putting out a more innocent story at first and didn't realize that this would get national attention and that the facts would come out. It's sad all the way around really.

I think the majority of folks want nothing to do with vile, nasty internet people.

But anyways, from what we know, Brandon was ashamed of what happened that night--I can totally understand. I just can't get behind the hate crowd.

I'm sorry it happened, but I could care less about his head injury with regards to this case. If his brain is injured so bad that it made him splatter Tammy's brains in her front yard, then he needs to stay in prison the rest of his life because he's gonna do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj