GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is very possible the Meyers were the aggressors. This is the first case I can think of where I am really looking forward to the defense's case.

The member who drew the routes on maps for us to see said they Meyerses were chasing the Audio, but the map didn't make sense to me since there weren't arrows.

Due to not being from the area, none of the driving part of the warrant made sense to me. I didn't compare the warrant to the map, mostly because I'm using a laptop and the screen is small. I think I'll print out the warrant and sit down at my desktop and compare the documents with the map that was provided to us with the red and blue routes.

This revelation truly puts the Meyerses as the aggressors. I think there might be something to the idea that EN was led back to their house to be shot since they're vocally passionate about gun rights.

Hi and welcome, Spanish! You've made some very good and insightful initial posts here.

You brought up a point that I somehow missed in my multiple readings of the arrest affidavit: BM and TM (or whoever BM as with in the Meyers car) were in fact actively chasing the silver car for quite some ways!

Per Brandon's account:
From Buffalo, Brandon said they turned west on Ducharme and sitting on the north side of Ducharme west of Sam Jonas Street was a silver four door car. Brandon said as they approached the silver car from the rear his mother said there is the car at which point the silver car sped off in front of them west on Ducharme. Brandon said the silver car turned south on Villa Monterey on the west side of Johnson Middle School and began to speed up as they followed it. Brandon said at one point on Villa Monterey just south of Ducharme they were approximately 75 feet behind the silver car.

Brandon said the silver car sped up as it continued south on Villa Monterey.

This is a description of a classic car chase! And Brandon and his mother were the chasers!

TM told Brandon to get his gun and come with her. They went out and found the silver car and chased it. Whoa!

I'm starting to think EN was right: They were out to get him.

Wow. Just wow.

The member who drew the routes on maps for us to see said they Meyerses were chasing the Audio, but the map didn't make sense to me since there weren't arrows.

Due to not being from the area, none of the driving part of the warrant made sense to me. I didn't compare the warrant to the map, mostly because I'm using a laptop and the screen is small. I think I'll print out the warrant and sit down at my desktop and compare the documents with the map that was provided to us with the red and blue routes.

This revelation truly puts the Meyerses as the aggressors. I think there might be something to the idea that EN was led back to their house to be shot since they're vocally passionate about gun rights.

I'm laughing at myself, because I opened Google maps and I did compare the warrant to the map. I traced the route described by KM after the driving lesson, as well as the route described by BM. And I must have been so focused on the route that I somehow missed the fact that what Brandon described was a chase. EN was trying to get away; the Meyerses were chasing him.

This definitely throws a whole new light on what happened that night.

I think it is very possible the Meyers were the aggressors. This is the first case I can think of where I am really looking forward to the defense's case.

Oh yeah, me too.

Yes, that's how I see the time. My reading of it was he initially felt threatened by the car so called his friend, but then after his friend arrived and the Meyers came back is when EN actually saw the gun. Given how the park was his known place of business, a drug deal might have been about to go down, so he couldn't leave. There was some reason EN was at the park at that time of night in the first place and whatever reason that is might be why he wanted to stay and wait for reinforcements.

The other part of this equation is the classic green Buick. I am convinced that EN knew that car belonged to the Meyers family. He lived a block away and knew ther family, went to school with 2 of the sons. I am certain that he recognized the car. I wonder who usually drove that car? Why would EN feel threatened by Tammy if she was the one that usually drove it? Makes me think that someone else was behind th wheel. Someone more threatening that had a bad temper maybe?

I'm laughing at myself, because I opened Google maps and I did compare the warrant to the map. I traced the route described by KM after the driving lesson, as well as the route described by BM. And I must have been so focused on the route that I somehow missed the fact that what Brandon described was a chase. EN was trying to get away; the Meyerses were chasing him.

This definitely throws a whole new light on what happened that night.

Oh yeah, me too.

Yes. If you take BM at his initial word, he and his mom took a loaded weapon and went searching for the car. WHA???? What is the point of that? Nothing but bad trouble can come from a search like that. How could it be any thing other than trouble? What did they plan when they found the car? There is no 'normal' answer to that. JMO

I'm in the process of reading the warrant with the map now and plotting these street names into the map.

The first thing that strikes me is in the first paragraph when it TM took over driving on "Villa Monterey south of Cherry River." I plotted that into the map and instantly recognized the location as the first shooting scene! I don't believe it's a coincidence that TM supposedly took over driving at the very spot that would supposedly become the first shooting scene later.

The next conflict is when they return to the house. Daughter said she went and told her brother someone was following and threatening them. He got dressed and went into his grandmother's room for his gun. According to the warrant, he got his gun on his own gumption. Didn't news reports say that his mother told him to get his gun? Where did that story come from? Bob?

SpanishInquisition, thank you for taking the time to put together such an eloquent, thought-provoking, and well-researched first post! :yourock:

I truly look forward to hearing your thoughts on this case as it evolves. Also, I hope you stick around, and take a look at other cases here. Your skills as a :sleuth: would be greatly valued on the other threads.

Welcome aboard!

:welcome4:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a minimum of one chase by the Meyers and I'm very suspicious of there being two chases by the Meyers. The easiest way that I hope I can convey my suspicion of two separate chases is to point out that the Meyers first contact with the Audi was on Durango, but the alleged verbal threat happened two streets away from first contact and one street after the Meyers said the Audi passed them. If the Meyers weren't doing something once they were on Westcliff there is no reason nor is there adequate explanation for the U-turn and verbal threat to happen on Cimarron. Per the complaint at time of the threat the Meyers are magically ahead of the Audi after having been cut off by it, which this just puts off a certain odor. If the Meyers were afraid of the Audi, they had ample opportunity to get away from it after the alleged first honk. If not an outright chase, it looks like the Meyers were engaged in Quien Es Mas Macho by first honking and speeding up when the Audi tried to pass and then doing a retaliatory cut in front of the Audi after the Audi had allegedly cut in front of them, which neither explanation looks good where the Audi driver separately from EN could feel threatened.

Are there any pictures of the skid marks on Cimarron? I'd like to know what the police have done in recording and measuring the skid marks to know what car made the marks. It is not outside the realm of possibility that the Meyers are the ones who made the skid marks and at this time I'm not confident that the police are doing a sufficient job investigating. Unless those marks are proactively proven to belong to an Audi and don't fit the Buick, it could have been the Meyers that did the U-turn that caused the Audi driver to get out of the car...or at least that will be an argument available to the defense to make if the police aren't protecting the integrity of the evidence.

Are there any pictures of the skid marks on Cimarron? I'd like to know what the police have done in recording and measuring the skid marks to know what car made the marks. It is not outside the realm of possibility that the Meyers are the ones who made the skid marks and at this time I'm not confident that the police are doing a sufficient job investigating. Unless those marks are proactively proven to belong to an Audi and don't fit the Buick, it could have been the Meyers that did the U-turn that caused the Audi driver to get out of the car...or at least that will be an argument available to the defense to make if the police aren't protecting the integrity of the evidence.

WHY they are so eager to go to GJ???

The other part of this equation is the classic green Buick. I am convinced that EN knew that car belonged to the Meyers family. He lived a block away and knew ther family, went to school with 2 of the sons. I am certain that he recognized the car. I wonder who usually drove that car? Why would EN feel threatened by Tammy if she was the one that usually drove it? Makes me think that someone else was behind th wheel. Someone more threatening that had a bad temper maybe?

That's a very good point. Wasn't the El Camino Tammy's car? It makes me think EN didn't expect TM to be in the Buick. After all, he thought he'd gotten "those 2 kids" who were after him.
JMO

Why would EN feel threatened by Tammy if she was the one that usually drove it? Makes me think that someone else was behind the wheel. Someone more threatening that had a bad temper maybe?

I could see it either way. Based on what we've seen so far, I could see all members of the family as having the ability to be threatening and having a bad temper. One thing that has been said in defense of her that I found off-putting and potentially confrontation was her telling EN to pull his pants up. Such a discussion is far easier to be seen as insulting EN rather than nurturing EN. What the family is now calling nurturing could have been bullying and taunts, at least in the most recent past between EN and the Meyers.

I do NOT believe for a moment the first shooting scene coincidently ended up being where TM and daughter switched seats after driving practice was over. There's no way TM and BM could end up in the very same spot after a lengthy high speed chase!!!!!!

That's a very good point. Wasn't the El Camino Tammy's car? It makes me think EN didn't expect TM to be in the Buick. After all, he thought he'd gotten "those 2 kids" who were after him.
JMO

Yes, I forgot about that. He could have expected BM or MM (and that might have been who he really got).

That is a high speed chase for the Audi to gain 75' in such a short stretch. They Meyerses were definitely chasing the Audi.

Since EN's friends stated EN said he saw a gun, shooting back would be self defense---especially after speeding away and trying to evade the Meyerses for so long.

That is a high speed chase for the Audi to gain 75' in such a short stretch. They Meyerses were definitely chasing the Audi.

Since EN's friends stated EN said he saw a gun, shooting back would be self defense---especially after speeding away and trying to evade the Meyerses for so long.

Where is the so called Audi...I might have watched to many true crime stories, but I am not sure there was any of this? The video doesn't show an audi, is this the same as the bogus sketch they created and BOMBSHELLED on Nancy Grace!
I do believe EN's friends on "he felt they were after him"
Someone will sing soon I hope!!! It would be nice to hear some truth so we can all get on the same page!

JMO
I've been saying all along that I believed the buick was the car for the children to drive and that's why the story includes driving lessons in the car.

Since the first shooting scene can't be a coincidence of where they said TM and MM changed seats in the car at the end of the "driving lessons," I don't believe there were ever driving lessons. Why lie about that? Why put the sister in the car to begin with? Was she in the car the entire time? Why would they create a lie to say the daughter wasn't in the car? It seems the lie protects the sister from being present as a witness at the time of the shootings.

When you look at the description MM gave of the route she and TM drove after they finished driving lessons, it's not much different from the crazy routes they took when TM and BM were supposedly in the car. I'll bet the first route with TM and MM in the car was a car chase too. The question is who was really in the car then? It was likely one continuous car chase instead of two separate incidents with two different people in the car each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhoDunnit2020