GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO too many hands are in the pot, meaning you have the media/police/RM all saying things but I'm not hearing BM or KM saying anything. I've only read their statements and to me their statements are pretty consistent. Running out of the house with a gun compared to BM took a gun from his grandmothers drawer then getting in the car says the same thing to me. BM was near the car during the shootout the 2nd time, he was also IN the car the 1st shootout. When the Meyers were be questioned by the police the very night/early morning their mom was killed, I'm sure their thinking wasn't all together. Again, I think the media reports blow things out of proportion, cut and edit etc... Yes, there may be some inconsistencies but that will be a given when you have more than one person involved. Again, I'm not saying the Meyers did every right because they didn't. They made a bad call when going out to hunt down the road rager. :)

BBM: I think you are missing something here. I am referring to the part where initially the story was that the road rager followed TM and KM home and BM came out of the house shooting. Then they had to admit BM was in the car when confronted with the knowledge of the 1st shooting scene. That was when they came up with the story (truth?) about coming home for the son and the gun. That is lies, not inconsistencies. Words like "near the car" as opposed to" in the car" are far less worrisome I agree with you. However, even small nuances as that can mean a lot to a jury. If they get a good jury. I have seen too many Dateline Mysteries not to know that these things matter. IMO.

BBM: I think you are missing something here. I am referring to the part where initially the story was that the road rager followed TM and KM home and BM came out of the house shooting. Then they had to admit BM was in the car when confronted with the knowledge of the 1st shooting scene. That was when they came up with the story (truth?) about coming home for the son and the gun. That is lies, not inconsistencies. Words like "near the car" as opposed to" in the car" are far less worrisome I agree with you. However, even small nuances as that can mean a lot to a jury. If they get a good jury. I have seen too many Dateline Mysteries not to know that these things matter. IMO.

Yes, there's a huge difference between someone who had been home the entire evening versus someone who had participated in an armed chase and was shot at prior to the events at the Meyers home. Having originally excluded the prior chase is why the case got national attention.

I'm open to new FACTS in the case, just not in story-telling.

What ARE the facts in this case? TM is dead. EN is under arrest. The M's are liars. BM fired three shots on Mt. Shasta. If that is the only cut and dried type of info you are looking for, read documents, but even those do not contain just the facts. They are fallible and based on human narratives. See, even official documents are involved in story-telling. And who trusts the media to report FACTS and properly analyze data and information? I don't. If all you are interested in is new FACTS, I doubt you will find that here. You may however encounter many critical thinkers doing background research, analyzing data and info, and communicate their thoughts. You call it story-telling. I say it is a group of intelligent people attempting to solve a mystery of how and why events took place the way they did.

Well, don't forget that EN confessed to two of his friends that we know of, and to the police. I guess you can ignore this pesky fact all you want. Jury might be reluctant to convict someone who denies the guilt, but not so with a confession.

oceanblueeyes wrote:
I don't pay any mind to Bob Myers... who wasn't even in the state at the time this murder happened. What he has said or hasn't said is totally irrelevant to me. But I do believe that Brandon's statement lines up with ENs statement (confession) and since they both were there at the time they are the relevant parties, and will be in court once it goes to trial.

It really isn't about defending the Myers til death do you part. lol It is about supporting a murdered victim and their family when the murderer has already confessed to the shooting. It is my opinion that a gun was never flashed at all by the Ms so all of this was a total needless and senseless murder.

Thank you for your response. One thing you are right about is that this was a needless killing. It can be debated whether or not a gun was flashed. There WAS an unspent shell casing in the passenger seat. However, I would still like M defenders to address the bald-faced lies. I mean what does anyone make of that. I mean I'd like to know. If anyone can find a reasonable explanation, I'd have more to consider. Thank you.

They by their own admission knew of EN's involvement since at least 2/15, yet they didn't even tell LE that they knew EN until 2/19 after he had been arrested.

And yet daughter doesn't identify him at all per her testimony....I have wondered if RM ''really'' knew or was he trying to look as if he was on ''inside terms'' with LE?...that whole aspect is strange....again we had discussed at length his possible motivations ranging from vigilantism ((wanted to take care of EN himself)) to a ''street agreement'' .... maybe they had ''business'' together -- we just don't know.

Well, don't forget that EN confessed to two of his friends that we know of, and to the police. I guess you can ignore this pesky fact all you want. Jury might be reluctant to convict someone who denies the guilt, but not so with a confession.

Case Closed. If nothing about this case is a mystery to you, why are you here? You have all the FACTS you need.

I think they will give it weight.....but what is very telling as well is that the friend who reported him indicated that she wondered if EN getting off 22 shots was a bit of an exaggeration on his part. In other words, she was unsure of his ''possible bragging'' or was it true.

I think the actual hard forensic evidence is going to sway the jury more than anything. Whether that involves ballistics, video surveillance or social media an cell records who knows at this point - MOO

I don't see anyone forgetting that. Not to say what EN did wasn't illegal, but just because you shoot and kill someone it doesn't mean you committed a crime and if you did commit a crime it doesn't mean it is M1, which I've said on here many times before I see this as M2 or Manslaughter as the most likely legal outcome.

The BIG LIE is that the Meyerses originally failed to mention to police -- for DAYS! -- the fact that BM and TM had taken BM's gun and gone out hunting for the alleged road rager. For DAYS!!!!!! The original story was driving lessons/road rage/silver car followed TM & KM home and shot TM.

That's huge. And it's an outright, bald-faced lie calculated to impede the police investigation of TM's shooting. There is no hyperbole. The LIE itself was over the top.

Ok I gotta ask this: What makes the driving lesson a lie? Do we have proof there wasn't a driving lesson?

Like EN lying to the police about not knowing anything about the shooting that night for fear of being prosecuted, maybe the reason the Meyers held back the hunting for road rage killer wouldn't look too good for them??? If they are hidings something then what is it they are hiding? I know RM mouths off to the media/facebook and admits the reason for withholding information, but he finally said why he did that didn't he? And yet no one is really believing his reasons why.. Why is that?

I understand what you are saying, I most likely missed that part :blushing: Where is the initial story of the road rager following them home? I never heard of this before..

Ok I gotta ask this: What makes the driving lesson a lie? Do we have proof there wasn't a driving lesson?
Like EN lying to the police about not knowing anything about the shooting that night for fear of being prosecuted, maybe the reason the Meyers held back the hunting for road rage killer wouldn't look too good for them??? If they are hidings something then what is it they are hiding? I know RM mouths off to the media/facebook and admits the reason for withholding information, but he finally said why he did that didn't he? And yet no one is really believing his reasons why.. Why is that?

Earliest reports were that KM did not have a learner's permit....((oops))
so we wondered about that sort of ''colored'' the whole ''learning to parallel park after dark story (sputter )
Made some of us wonder what exactly was the reason for a car being at the school that late....we only have the word of KM now after all BM was not involved in driver ed that night from what we have heard to date.

MOO

I understand what you are saying, I most likely missed that part :blushing: Where is the initial story of the road rager following them home? I never heard of this before..

Version one......thread one I believe you will find it there.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/massive-manhunt-suspect-womans-road-rage-killing/story?id=28988339

"The other vehicle followed her home, and when she got out of her car, police say someone started shooting.

Meyers' 15-year-old daughter ran into the house before the shooting, and did not witness the incident. Police say one of her brothers came out of the house and fired back at the other vehicle.

Police described one of the people in the vehicle involved in the incident as a white male, approximately 25 years of age, about 6 feet tall and weighting approximately 180 pounds. He has dirty blonde hair worn in a spiked style and has hazel or blue eyes, police said. "

There were several people in the car.
In this news report TM was referred to as a nurse who had spent her life looking after others.

If they are hidings something then what is it they are hiding? I know RM mouths off to the media/facebook and admits the reason for withholding information, but he finally said why he did that didn't he? And yet no one is really believing his reasons why.. Why is that?

I don't think anyone knows what if anything they are hiding. The reason RM isn't believed is that withholding information on a suspect hinders a police investigation. If they didn't want to hinder a police investigation, they would have told LE everything they knew about EN prior to his EN's arrest and they certainly wouldn't have gone over to EN's on 2/15 and instead let the police handle the investigation.

I don't think anyone knows what if anything they are hiding. The reason RM isn't believed is that withholding information on a suspect hinders a police investigation. If they didn't want to hinder a police investigation, they would have told LE everything they knew about EN prior to his EN's arrest and they certainly wouldn't have gone over to EN's on 2/15 and instead let the police handle the investigation.

all of what you said, and interestingly, RM offered an El Camino as a reward !!!

but at the time he said that he must have had his fingers crossed behind his back because a few days later we heard that he knew all along it was EN!!!

a bit confusing to me!

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories...-mom-dies-in-apparent-road-rage-shooting.html
Police said when the pair arrived home, they asked a family member with a gun for help. Minutes later, Meyers' husband said someone in the car pulled up and opened fire, shooting Meyers in the head, while one of her sons returned fire.

This is a small snippet of the story. There has been many evolutions. This was pretty much the first and more details came out that were not specifically in the above story. The M's said KM ran into the house to get BM and just as article says, he came onto the front lawn with his gun and fired. The M's said that BM had been sleeping.

I've not read these early articles in a long time and now I have even more questions about what happened and why. Even then, if you really analyze that story, it makes no sense. If KM had time to go into the house, wake her brother and then he goes in granny's drawers for the gun, why would TM be outside if she was scared. Why not in the house dialing 911? The silver car is described as arriving "minutes later". I think that seasoned detectives looked at this story and saw everything didn't add up IMO.

He said the shooting occurred after his wife’s vehicle and a silver sedan were in a crash when she was driving home from Johnson Middle School, near the intersection of Alta and South Buffalo drives. She was teaching her daughter how to parallel park, Meyers said.

When his wife pulled over after the crash, there was a confrontation and at least one of the three people from the other car threatened her, Meyers said.

Sensing danger, Tammy Meyers got back into her vehicle and drove away from the scene, police said. The other vehicle followed Meyers and her daughter back to the family’s house, in the 7900 block of Mt. Shasta Circle.
http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/las-vegas/mother-four-shot-road-rage-incident-dies

Meyers went around the vehicle and headed home. "She does an evasive move. Goes all the way home. He follows my wife home. My daughter runs in the house and he shoots my wife."

Robert Meyers said his son came out with a shotgun and fired back at the suspect vehicle, which had three occupants.
http://www.mynews3.com/content/news...a-cimarron-meyers/-_TjzB0gAkSu53j1OczZSA.cspx

Okay. I'm onto something else. EN lived at 7912 Cherry River. It turns out the video of the Audi is facing EN's house. The very first time I analyzed the pictures and the video of the Audi, I said it looked like someone was standing in the driveway next to something like a garbage can. I didn't realize that was Nowsch's house at the time. I was posting maybe it was a possible ear witness. In the brief seconds of the video, it doesn't move at all while the car is driving by. But there is NOTHING like that on google street view.

I swear there is someone standing in Nowsch's driveway wearing what appears to be black basketball shorts and an oversized shirt. It seems possible Nowsch had more than one person come to his aid that night and they dropped him off in front of Nowsch's house to guard it. Unless the first shooting scene a couple of blocks away caused someone to come out of the house because of the gunshots and tires squealing.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/02/16/25B9586500000578-2955202-image-a-273_1424068479921.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rder-mother-just-teaching-daughter-drive.html

Also notice in the news article, at the time LE was hunting for this car it was described as silver, not grey.

Meyers went around the vehicle and headed home. "She does an evasive move. Goes all the way home. He follows my wife home. My daughter runs in the house and he shoots my wife."

Robert Meyers said his son came out with a shotgun and fired back at the suspect vehicle, which had three occupants.
http://www.mynews3.com/content/news/...3j1OczZSA.cspx

And at one point, KM described two of them as black males.

Okay. I'm onto something else.

EN lived at 7912 Cherry River. It turns out the video of the Audi is facing EN's house. The very first time I analyzed the pictures and the video of the Audi, I said it looked like someone was standing in the driveway next to something like a garbage can. I didn't realize that was Nowsch's house at the time. I was posting maybe it was a possible ear witness. In the brief seconds of the video, it doesn't move at all while the car is driving by. But there is NOTHING like that on google street view.

I swear there is someone standing in Nowsch's driveway wearing what appears to be black basketball shorts and an oversized shirt. It seems possible Nowsch had more than one person come to his aid that night and they dropped him off in front of Nowsch's house to guard it. Unless the first shooting scene a couple of blocks away caused someone to come out of the house because of the gunshots and tires squealing.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/02/16/25B9586500000578-2955202-image-a-273_1424068479921.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rder-mother-just-teaching-daughter-drive.html

Also notice in the news article, at the time LE was hunting for this car it was described as silver, not grey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState