Identified! NV - Washoe Co., WhtFem 156UFNV, 25-35, Sheep's Flat Trail, Jul'82 - Mary Edith Silvani

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Charlie,
I go to UNR now and have access to archived news databases. I would be happy to look anything up for you. Not sure if they also have microfilm, I know they used to back in the day.

I'm not sure where to put this link as it may apply to any one of a number of UIDs in California, Nevada and Utah.

I found this website which appears to be that of a private investigator who lists a slew of missing persons from 1981-1999. a random sample of names shows that many of them are not in Namus. unfortunately, the website itself does not provide any profiles of the missing persons other than name, a picture, date missing, age when missing and last known location.

if this link does not come through the website itself is www.renegadeinvestigations.com with a section for missing persons.

www.renegadeinvestigations.com/Missing_Persons.html#0

I'm not sure where to put this link as it may apply to any one of a number of UIDs in California, Nevada and Utah.

I found this website which appears to be that of a private investigator who lists a slew of missing persons from 1981-1999. a random sample of names shows that many of them are not in Namus. unfortunately, the website itself does not provide any profiles of the missing persons other than name, a picture, date missing, age when missing and last known location.

if this link does not come through the website itself is www.renegadeinvestigations.com with a section for missing persons.

www.renegadeinvestigations.com/Missing_Persons.html#0

Most of them, if they aren't in NamUs, are in Charley Project. The exceptions are:

Kimberly Ann Billy (Her remains were located)
Jo Ann Hobson (Her remains were located)
Betty Jean Glovak
Heather Lynne Wilson (She is in NamUs, but her casefile is restricted from public view, but she isn't classified as "Located")
Pamela Louise Bandy
Karin E. Knechtel-Mero

on the one hand it's good to know that most of them were reported somewhere. here I thought I had found some fresh names we had not seen before. we know there are umpteen thousands of them out there.

Guys, check out this new addition to Charley Project: Anna Therese Ciaccio.

http://charleyproject.org/cases/c/ciaccio_anna.html

She is listed as 5'4" and would have been 31 at the time JD was killed, placing her safely inside the age estimate. She is said to have weighed 140 pounds, but that gives her over a year to lose weight, and that figure could be off, possibly pulled from her ID.

The photo on CP is very old and shows a young woman with thick hair and she appears to be very healthy. But in looking at the jawline, I see similarities.

It is hard to see Anna's teeth in her photos, but from what I can tell, they appear crooked to me.

That hair seems to be throwing me off, though. It's so dark and so thick. But that photo is from 1967, and a lot could have changed in that time.

No mention in her MP profile of having children or not, but her info is so sparse that it is certainly possible. She also could have run away to hide a pregnancy, and could have had the c-section then.

Any thoughts?

I sent those photos to Meaghan. I found them in the 1967 Omaha Central HS yearbook. I'm glad to see that Meaghan listed her, and Laurie Allison Smith (whose photos I also found).

:bump: for image revision

66764cdf-ae63-4f05-90dc-53bd6bc02213.jpg

From what I remember, Annabelle had never been to a dentist. This Jane Doe had extensive dental work. Technically, this is not a rule-out because she might have had dental work that her family was unaware of. But nevertheless, this would make her unlikely.

I'm pretty familiar with this area and wanted to toss out an idea:

Is it possible she was working at any of the legal brothels near by? Clients can take working girls out on "passes" or "out dates". Carson City is where a ton of brothels are, and in the 80's the mustang ranch was operated by the hells angels. May seem out there but there are girls missing. You should read the horror stories about a brothel near Vegas in Pahrump. The "Shady Lady Ranch" to be specific. I'm pretty well versed in brothel life in that area, so I can be of help.

If she was working at a brothel she would have had a photo ID of any kind but specifically her adult entertainment license. Everyone is required to get the sheriffs card, and finger prints. It has to be updated every few years.

Carl, wow! That looks great. I actually stared at it for a few moment just really studying her face.

I'm pretty familiar with this area and wanted to toss out an idea:

Is it possible she was working at any of the legal brothels near by? Clients can take working girls out on "passes" or "out dates". Carson City is where a ton of brothels are, and in the 80's the mustang ranch was operated by the hells angels. May seem out there but there are girls missing. You should read the horror stories about a brothel near Vegas in Pahrump. The "Shady Lady Ranch" to be specific. I'm pretty well versed in brothel life in that area, so I can be of help.

If she was working at a brothel she would have had a photo ID of any kind but specifically her adult entertainment license. Everyone is required to get the sheriffs card, and finger prints. It has to be updated every few years.

I think the closest places would be Lyon and Storey counties? She doesn't really look like someone who would work in a brothel (IMO).

Something about Carl's reconstruction, especially with the bun, reminded me of the ladies from Colorado City for some reason or another.
tumblr_miyphcTtkI1s6lktro1_1280.jpg

It could be my imagination but I thought she looked like she might be from the same genetic pool as the taller woman in the photo. http://mormonhair.tumblr.com/page/4

I'm not too sure what you mean by "doesn't look like she would work in a brothel". I'm a sex worker & it's comments like these that make it rather hard on working girls to be taken seriously in any context.

I'm not too sure what you mean by "doesn't look like she would work in a brothel". I'm a sex worker & it's comments like these that make it rather hard on working girls to be taken seriously in any context.

I'm sorry, I didn't write it to be offensive or mean. I just always thought that women who work in that particular industry wear a lot of makeup, have a really large bust line, wear clothing that would probably be described as "flashy," and have hair color that is at an extreme end of the spectrum (either very light blonde, dark brown/black, or red). Sorry.

Then when I was looking at websites that had photos of people in the FLDS, I could really see a resemblance between the unidentified woman and some of their female members (and I had wondered if she could possibly be someone who left the group, did not have very many ties to people outside the group, and wasn't reported missing).

:eek:fftopic: I really like your avatar, Astrokitty.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mimimaria
Back