Identified! NV - Washoe Co., WhtFem 156UFNV, 25-35, Sheep's Flat Trail, Jul'82 - Mary Edith Silvani

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does that look like a mole on her neck area like Jane Doe?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 351
She looks so much, like the Mormon ladies in the Mormon sect.......

Does that look like a mole on her neck area like Jane Doe?

It sort of does, actually. Could be shading though. I'll try and build a side-by-side this evening and we can take a good look. But if any of you have time and want to do one sooner, please feel free.

I recently contacted a detective working the Linda Lou Reynolds case. No new info on her or the Doe. Keep plugging away.

I don't see it, although I suppose that losing a large amount of weight (EMB appears much fuller in the face IMO) could account for a different look. I don't know a lot about how that works. Does anybody else have input on this potential match?

Their demographics line up very well: brown hair, hazel eyes, 115 lbs, height within half an inch. The UID is estimated to be as old as upper 30's and Byron would have just turned 40, so that's close enough. Circumstances work. Timeline okay since there's no indication wasn't still alive when she disappeared.

Byron's face does look fuller, but from one photo, you can't really tell.

Without fingerprints, dentals, or DNA, though, I'm not sure how they'd make the comparison.

Recent read an article about the former coroner of Washoe County from this era. Vernon McCarty is his name. His wife's name didn't sound too European. It was an interesting article on his retirement and involvement in the autopsies for the Galaxy Airlines crash in Reno. He seems like a sensible and competent man. Still resides in Reno.

I'm still willing to bet that when they first found her, they showed her picture to her killer, who was probably also her husband/partner/whatever, and he denied knowing her without even a blink.

Charlie,

Any way you could send me a link to that article? I'd be interested in taking a look.

Did anyone submit Elizabeth Byron? It's worth a shot.

http://www.kolotv.com/home/headline...-Unidentified-294304131.html?device=phone&c=y

KOLO 8 in Reno wrote up an article with a color composite. 227 rule outs on her, still the same basic information. They still assume she's european, they know when she is IDed they'll have their killer. No signs of a struggle at the scene. They do mention that she "sat on a log and then was shot". Gives credence to what we already know.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 174
SCAN0001Finished.jpg

Lieutenant Tom Green
Special Operations Division-Criminal Investigation Unit

Office- 775-328-2847
Cell- 775-745-6783

Bumping my recon up to the current page. It has fallen back quite a ways.

66764cdf-ae63-4f05-90dc-53bd6bc02213.jpg

Hello all,

My name is Tom Green and I supervise the Washoe County Cold Case Unit. I wanted to extend a law enforcement thank you to all the members of this site. Additionally I want to offer any answers I can answer in this case.

We have some reason to believe Jane Doe could be of European descent or at least spent time there. This is based on some dental work that, according to the forensic odontologist, that looks European. She also has a large inoculation scar that was consistent with vaccinations in Europe during the time she would have been immunized. This not a for sure, however this theory lends to her not being identified.

She also had a cesarean scar, indicating she had delivered a child. Of course we do not know if that was a live birth.

The original detectives did everything they could to identify her, including work permits, local motels/hotels and teleptypes.

She had not been dead long, maybe 24-48 hours. There was fly larvae present, however they were freshly hatched. She was shot and there were no belongings left at the site. She walked to the site willingly and her shoes were taken off at the site of her death. There is no evidence of a struggle and it appears as if she was shot without knowing her death was imminent.

We are currently having another dentist look at her teeth and we are reaching out to networks in Europe to ensure her details are being posted there as well. Her prints were again sent to FBI to ensure any and all databases are checked. Her DNA is on file.

Please post any questions or ideas, we would love to hear them.

Lt. Tom Green

Please post any questions or ideas, we would love to hear them.

Lt. Tom Green

Hi Tomgreen, and thanks for joining.

Would there be any way at this point to look at Visa overstays that date back to prior to July 1982 and were never resolved?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back