NY - 10 dead, 3 critical after mass shooting at a Buffalo supermarket, 14 May 2022 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think that the only way to limit future occurrences of such events is for people to be more aware of others; parents of their children, people of their neighbours, health professionals of their patients, LE of their community's concerns.

Like clockwork, one can predict with certainty a young mass murderer was a troublemaker in public school, but little to nothing is ever done about it. NYSP investigated this creep just last year.

<snip>

Gendron has been investigated by law enforcement before.

In June 2021, police in Broome County were called by high school officials who told them Gendron had threatened violence in comments made to fellow students, the News reported.

“A school official reported that this very troubled young man had made statements indicating that he wanted to do a shooting, either at a graduation ceremony, or sometime after,” the same government official familiar with the case told the News.

State Police were sent to investigate and Gendron, under a section of state mental health laws, was referred for a mental health evaluation and counseling, the official told the News.

<snip>
Ask teachers. They can tell you in second grade who is going to end up in trouble...

This is yet another case were there we hundreds of warning signs and yet nobody could do anything to help/prevent this.

Ask teachers. They can tell you in second grade who is going to end up in trouble...

This is yet another case were there we hundreds of warning signs and yet nobody could do anything to help/prevent this.
But why can't they? There needs to be intervention. Discussion with parents and guardians. Strategies put in place. I guess too often it's the family home that is the actual problem. Clever strategies need to be implemented to curb aberrant behaviour. Give kids some hope, esteem, respect for themselves. It's a battle I know, but we have to try.

But why can't they? There needs to be intervention. Discussion with parents and guardians. Strategies put in place. I guess too often it's the family home that is the actual problem. Clever strategies need to be implemented to curb aberrant behaviour. Give kids some hope, esteem, respect for themselves. It's a battle I know, but we have to try.
I can't speak to what the specific strategy might be to bring these kids back, I have no experience there. In almost all cases the issue is the family and I predict, without any evidence at this time, (MOO) we are going to find that here as well. They don't think there is a problem, they are annoyed that you are trying to help them, they fight everything you try to do. It is very rare to have a parent say, yes, there is something profoundly wrong with my son, help him, because their son is a lot like them. Unless we are willing to remove kids from their homes we really can't help most of these people. It's too late when they are 18.

SBM

Based on what was written in the manifesto, the attack appeared to have been inspired by earlier massacres that were motivated by racial hatred, including a mosque shooting in New Zealand and the Walmart shooting in Texas, both in 2019.

He wrote he had been “passively preparing” for the Buffalo attack for several years, purchasing ammunition and gear, while infrequently practicing shooting. In January, the plans “actually got serious,” according to the manifesto, which also expressed praise for the perpetrator of the 2015 attack in South Carolina, and for a man who killed 51 Muslims at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, in 2019.

Other gunmen have referenced the racist idea known as “replacement theory,” a concept once associated with the far-right fringe, but one that has become increasingly mainstream, pushed by politicians and popular television programs.

Buffalo's worst mass shooting takes 10 lives, leaves 3 wounded; attack called 'a racially motivated hate crime' – The Buffalo News
<snipped & BBM>
"It’s the weekend, so it was packed," Shonnell Harris, an operation manager working at the Tops during the shooting, told The Buffalo News.

Harris said that when she heard gunshots, she ran frantically through the store, falling several times before exiting out the back. She saw the shooter, whom she described as a white man wearing camouflage.

“He looked like he was in the Army,” she said. She thought she heard 70 shots.

[...]

The guy walked out of the store, the cops were just screaming at him, and he just stood there. He just stood there. It was like he wanted them to shoot him,” Crofton said. The shooter began to remove his gear, Crofton continued, when another police car pulled up, officers got out and jumped on him.

[...]

The accused shooter, who turns 19 next month, has a minimal online presence under that name. He was a student at SUNY Broome Community College, but said he is no longer studying there. A college spokeswoman did not elaborate on when he attended the school or when and why he left.

Where did he get the gun(s)? And the protective armor? We know he was investigated for saying he wanted to conduct a mass shooting before. He was given psych treatment for that. He had no business being anywhere near guns or related gear. If his parents knew or supplied him perhaps they should be charged with criminal negligence.

Too many American parents have sought to “help” their disturbed, scary offspring by arming them.

The parallels to Parkland are eerie. Kid didn't belong in public schools, but in our society these days we have to keep troublemakers in the schools.

Major lawsuits will result from this. This kid was on NYSP radar, and the Susquehanna Valley SD has some questions to answer.

Apparently he left a 180-page manifesto behind:

He said he started planning the attack in January and chose the Tops Supermarket in Buffalo because “it has the highest black population percentage” by Zip code.
A section of the manifesto details his step-by-step plans for the day, including the corned beef hash he would eat for breakfast, how he would drive to Buffalo and scout out the supermarket, the way he would wear his body armor and carry his gun and how he would post a livestream online.

He allegedly carried out the attack at 3 p.m. instead of the planned 4 p.m. The madman also stopped his attack before a planned rampage through the neighborhood.
He uses almost 100 pages to describe his guns, body armor, gear and clothing choices in minute detail.
This is terrifyingly! So much hate! How was he raised! IMOO it happens from the home environment!

Feds interview deadly supermarket shooting suspect’s parents – Associated Press
<snipped & BBM>
Federal agents interviewed the parents of the teenager accused of shooting and killing 10 people at a Buffalo supermarket and served multiple search warrants, a law enforcement official told The Associated Press on Sunday.

[...]

Payton Gendron’s parents were cooperating with investigators, the official said. The official was not authorized to discuss details of the investigation into the Saturday afternoon shooting publicly and spoke to AP on condition of anonymity.

Feds interview deadly supermarket shooting suspect’s parents – Associated Press
<snipped & BBM>
Federal agents interviewed the parents of the teenager accused of shooting and killing 10 people at a Buffalo supermarket and served multiple search warrants, a law enforcement official told The Associated Press on Sunday.

[...]

Payton Gendron’s parents were cooperating with investigators, the official said. The official was not authorized to discuss details of the investigation into the Saturday afternoon shooting publicly and spoke to AP on condition of anonymity.
After the incidences at his high school and the mental health evaluation/treatment required after, it will be interesting to hear their justification for guns in the house, imo.

I saw that. Seems it was his parent’s car he used to get there - or maybe a car they bought for him and registered to them.:

It wouldn't be unusual for an 18 year old to have use of the family car, or have his/her own car.

I wonder where he slept the night before the shooting, as LE are now saying that he was in the area the day before the shooting.

According to the person that said he spent an hour talking with PG ouside of the supermarket the day before the shooting, PG told him that he was camping and had purchased a jug of water.

I don't know the area, wonder where you would camp nearby, if there were local campgrounds or just out of town wooded areas.

Per this article, he did live with his parents.

Also, his mother's social media had some pictures that are interesting regarding weapons. I don't know if her social media is still available, though.

And yes, I do place part of the blame on the parents. He had been troubled in high school, and made violent threats. Why would they allow guns in the home or allow him access to guns after that? He lived in their home,with them. This did not happen out of the blue. He admitted planning it for years.

MOO
Why is he in a paper smock? Is that their version of a suicide smock? Jmo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member