NY - $250m fraud against Former President Donald Trump, Trump Org., Eric, Donald Jr., Sept 2022, Trial 2 Oct 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s still ranting:

In a caps-heavy rant, Trump raged once again about New York Judge Arthur Engoron valuing Mar-a-Lago at just $18 million.

"WE NEED JUSTICE IN OUR COUNTRY!" he raged.

In fact, the court put the value between $18 million and $27.4 million. Trump is likely having the property devalued by it being a public space rather than a private home.

"This political hack judge, who values, Mar-a-Lago, the most spectacular parcel of real estate in Palm Beach, and perhaps all of Florida, at $18 million in order to reduce valuations on my financial statements, which are, in fact, lower than my actual net worth, must be stopped," said Trump.

"I have had very unfair judges since entering politics, but nobody has been as unhinged as this guy," said Trump on Truth Social. "Mar-a-Lago is worth, perhaps, 100 times more than he values it. Other properties are likewise worth substantially more. I am worth billions more than my very conservatively stated financial statements, and therefore could not have defrauded the banks, who all made money & were all paid back, or are current, with no defaults or any other problem. Additionally, there is a powerful Disclaimer Clause on the first pages of the Financial Statements. It states that nothing in the Financial Statements should be accepted as fact!"

Trump had the opportunity to fight the case in court, but instead agreed to a "summary judgment," which means Trump's own lawyers handed the case over to the judge he said was "unhinged."
Jeeez, for all these BIGLY BILLIONS he's got laying around, why does he need a measley 160 million mortgage?? Spending too much on extreme amounts of covfefe to keep him up ranting incessently all night?

It's likely because he doesn't like anything small, but I think he doeth protest too much. Please pass the ketchup.

I don't know about anyone else, but I am so tired of this man dominating EVERYTHING. You can't go to any news site, social media site, heck, nearly anywhere on the internet, without having to hear about him. He has possessed our collective minds for over 8 years.
It's not just you. And not just the US. The whole world is sick of him. He's back in the international news cycle now too because of all these lawsuits and criminal cases and the Republican nominee race. We thought we had seen the back of him in Jan 2021 and he'd retire ignominiously to his Floridian fantasyland, but nope.

There are threads for politicians charged with crimes. Senator Menendez has a thread right now too. Trump has several.

and a thread for Rep. George Anthony Devolder Santos for NY.

I don't know about anyone else, but I am so tired of this man dominating EVERYTHING. You can't go to any news site, social media site, heck, nearly anywhere on the internet, without having to hear about him. He has possessed our collective minds for over 8 years.

It's not just you. And not just the US. The whole world is sick of him. He's back in the international news cycle now too because of all these lawsuits and criminal cases and the Republican nominee race. We thought we had seen the back of him in Jan 2021 and he'd retire ignominiously to his Floridian fantasyland, but nope.

Fortunately I live in Europe & there NOT so much coverage. I only get BBC - the English channel here.
But like @Mo Thuairim said - with all his criminal cases - a few stories appear. :)
I get ALL my news from you all! :D

Sept 28, 2023
Court officials are cementing plans to proceed with Monday's $250 million civil fraud trial against former President Donald Trump after attorneys for Trump and the New York attorney general's office hashed out some pretrial issues at a hearing Wednesday -- although lingering questions remain regarding the impact of Judge Arthur Engoron's sweeping ruling on Tuesday.
[.....]
But the judge wrote that a trial was still required to decide six remaining causes of action alleged by Attorney General Letitia James, as well as the scope of the penalty, which could include barring Trump from making real estate acquisitions and applying for loans in New York.

"The contour of the case has changed significantly since yesterday," Engoron said at Wednesday's hearing, a day after handing down a partial summary judgment that severely restricts Trump's ability to conduct business in New York going forward.

With Tuesday's ruling effectively deciding the central issue of the attorney general's case, Trump attorney Chris Kise requested that the court clarify how the ruling would not only impact the trial, but also Trump's individual business entities.
[.....]
In response, Engoron asked if the attorney general would consider dismissing the remaining causes of action to streamline the trial. A lawyer for attorney general responded that the government would still like to proceed with those arguments, citing their relevance to their requested relief.
[.....]
Engoron did not issue a bench ruling or immediately respond to the question, instead punting the matter to a future private meeting between counsel.
[.....]
Also during Wednesday's hearing, Trump's attorneys and the government appeared to agree that a previously appointed independent monitor, Barbara Jones, should be named the independent receiver to manage the dissolution of the cancelled LLCs. Engoron said he would likely issue a ruling appointing Jones as the receiver.

Regarding a defense motion to limit the testimony of expert witnesses at trial, the defense said they plan to withdraw the motion without prejudice, leaving the parties to address issues with expert witnesses on a case-by-case basis.

Following the hearing, attorneys for defense and the attorney general met to decide the courtroom layout for opening statements on Monday.

[.....]
Trump has been attempting to delay the start of the trial, and an appeals court is expected to rule on those motions as early as Thursday.

So... I will move my notes to Monday, 10/2 for trial! :D And will be back to see what the appeals court has to say....

Last edited:
Fortunately I live in Europe & there NOT so much coverage. I only get BBC - the English channel here.
But like @Mo Thuairim said - with all his criminal cases - a few stories appear. :)
I get ALL my news from you all! :D

Lucky you in Latvia, @Niner ! His political ambitions and litany of civil and criminal charges are covered pretty much daily in Irish news. It's exhausting.

Fully agree and just to add, our media is not surprised nor do they present this as an anti-trump campaign. We have watched his outrageous and belligerent behaviour for years. From an outsider's perspective.

The former president railed against the decision, taking to Truth Social to say it was 'a very sad day for the New York State System of Justice'.

'Today's Ruling about a Company that has done a magnificent job for New York State fails to acknowledge the fact that Murder and all other forms of Violent Crime have reached record levels in New York State,'
he wrote.

'Can you imagine ruling against me for having done business perfectly, and yet letting people go on a rampage on the sidewalks of New York?

'This is the Judicial conduct that is forcing thousands of companies to flee New York for other environs, while virtually nobody comes back to the City or State.'

Trump could LOSE control of Trump Tower and other New York properties

tRump, the gift that keeps on giving. :D

I agree. It's stupid. They have a Republican debate that he doesn't even show up to and all I read this morning is how he was "the winner of the debate". Cool. He's still been indicted more times than I've had children.

Thank you!
This one worked.

I‘m casting around in my mind for new names for Trump Tower.

I was thinking Chump Tower, but that really casts aspersions at the tenants and not Trump, so that’s a no-go.

My son-in-law used to work security at Trump Tower, but the only Trump he’d met was Ivanka.
My Dad had a sort of speech impediment, strangely enough it was very pronounce when speaking of then President Trump. I actually think it would make a perfect new name...Lump Tower.

I agree. It's stupid. They have a Republican debate that he doesn't even show up to and all I read this morning is how he was "the winner of the debate". Cool. He's still been indicted more times than I've had children.
I particularly loved CC's comment about the forerunner not showing up, yet again. He'd better be careful, (paraphrasing) people will stop calling him Donald Trump and start calling him Donald Duck.

Did DeSantis laugh?

The former president railed against the decision, taking to Truth Social to say it was 'a very sad day for the New York State System of Justice'.

'Today's Ruling about a Company that has done a magnificent job for New York State fails to acknowledge the fact that Murder and all other forms of Violent Crime have reached record levels in New York State,'
he wrote.

'Can you imagine ruling against me for having done business perfectly, and yet letting people go on a rampage on the sidewalks of New York?

'This is the Judicial conduct that is forcing thousands of companies to flee New York for other environs, while virtually nobody comes back to the City or State.'

Trump could LOSE control of Trump Tower and other New York properties

tRump, the gift that keeps on giving. :D
‘HaViNg DoNe BuSiNeSs PeRfEcTlY’
As a New Yorker, please stop talking.

Trump is currently slated to be the government's second-to-last witness in the AG's case.

The attorney general's witness list also includes Trump's former lawyer Michael Cohen, Trump's daughter Ivanka Trump, co-defendants Allen Weisselberg and Jeffrey McConney, and multiple current and former Trump Organization executives.

The first witness they plan to call is Trump's former accountant Donald Bender of Mazars USA, which last year severed its business relationship with Trump after learning of the NYAG's findings. During the Trump Organization's 2022 criminal trial on charges of helping certain executives evade taxes, Bender testified that Trump reported massive losses on his tax returns, including losing a combined $1 billion between 2009 and 2010.

In total, the attorney general's office plans to call 28 witnesses to present their case in the upcoming trial, and also listed 25 additional witnesses they could use on rebuttal, according to the filing.

In their witness list, Trump and his co-defendants reserved the right to call over 130 witnesses for their case, including Trump and his adult sons.

Trump is currently slated to be the government's second-to-last witness in the AG's case.

The attorney general's witness list also includes Trump's former lawyer Michael Cohen, Trump's daughter Ivanka Trump, co-defendants Allen Weisselberg and Jeffrey McConney, and multiple current and former Trump Organization executives.

The first witness they plan to call is Trump's former accountant Donald Bender of Mazars USA, which last year severed its business relationship with Trump after learning of the NYAG's findings. During the Trump Organization's 2022 criminal trial on charges of helping certain executives evade taxes, Bender testified that Trump reported massive losses on his tax returns, including losing a combined $1 billion between 2009 and 2010.

In total, the attorney general's office plans to call 28 witnesses to present their case in the upcoming trial, and also listed 25 additional witnesses they could use on rebuttal, according to the filing.

In their witness list, Trump and his co-defendants reserved the right to call over 130 witnesses for their case, including Trump and his adult sons.
The defendants will be called as witnesses for the prosecution?!?

I don't see Ivanka on the list and surprisingly no Jared either.
I did see Ivanka on the list, as a former employee/boss at the Trump Organization.

I see his sons on the list where they are noted as defendants. I’m certain they will lie and deny and threaten, but I wonder about Ivanka.

She did seem to want to be done with her dad as far as politics is concerned, but I can’t picture her testifying for the prosecution against her father in his role as a businessman.

I hope everyone else on that list tells the truth. Some of them are not former or current Trump employees, like the ones who evaluate real estate, so hopefully they bury him.

JMO

Last edited:
Lucky you in Latvia, @Niner ! His political ambitions and litany of civil and criminal charges are covered pretty much daily in Irish news. It's exhausting.

It's interesting to me that many of us on this thread do not live in the US. I think it's easier for us to see the danger that the US is facing with T running for president.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stahoe