NY - $250m fraud against Former President Donald Trump, Trump Org., Eric, Donald Jr., Sept 2022, Trial 2 Oct 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Former President Donald Trump's attorneys on Wednesday appealed the ruling ordering him to dissolve his business empire in the $250 million civil fraud case he faces in New York City.

"This appeal is taken from each and every part of the Order insofar as Appellants are aggrieved," the filing reads.

The decision last week found that the former president and his business leaders had committed "persistent fraud" by over-inflating the value of assets.

Trump's civil fraud trial began Monday in New York City and is expected to run through the end of the year. His lawyers however filed a notice of appeal to the Appellate Division, the state's second highest court.

Does that mean the trial is continuing on without him being there.
Or is the trial finished for the day.

No one needs him there, it’s a civil trial first of all. secondly, the judge already found him “guilty” court now is just to find how much he owes in penalty and whether he can continue business in New York State?

Yes or no?

No one needs him there, it’s a civil trial first of all. secondly, the judge already found him “guilty” court now is just to find how much he owes in penalty and whether he can continue business in New York State?

Yes or no?
I could be wrong as I'm far from a civil trial expert as Trump is from an honest man, but I think there still are some charges for the judge to rule on plus the disgorgement, which I understand is the government recovering the money taken by fraud, plus the decision on penalties??

jmo

I could be wrong as I'm far from a civil trial expert as Trump is from an honest man, but I think there still are some charges for the judge to rule on plus the disgorgement, which I understand is the government recovering the money taken by fraud, plus the decision on penalties??

jmo

I thought there were some other charges. I will see if niners next update outlines them.

Engoron adjourned the trial for lunch, but then held a closed door sidebar in the courtroom that included the former president.

The trial is scheduled to resume at 2:15 p.m. ET with the continuation of Bender's testimony.
------------------------------
As Trump left the courthouse after attending the civil fraud trial against him and his company, he bashed the judge, the state attorney general and the legal system.

"I’m here, stuck here," an angry Trump complained before leaving. "I'd rather be right now in Iowa, I’d rather be in New Hampshire or South Carolina or Ohio or a lot of other places, but I’m stuck here because I have a corrupt attorney general," he fumed before leaving in a motorcade.

The former president, who had no legal obligation to attend the trial, said he'd done so since Monday because he wanted to point out "how corrupt it is."

He also attacked the judge, saying he's "run by the Democrats" and "already knows what he's going to do." "Our whole system is corrupt," he said, adding that Engoron came out of "the clubhouse."
Trump fraud trial live updates: Former president arrives at court for Day 3

“But I’m stuck here because I have a corrupt attorney general that communicates with the DOJ in Washington to keep me nice and busy, because I’m leading (Joe) Biden in the polls by a lot.”

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-fraud-trial-new-york-10-04-23/index.html

“The judge already knows what he’s going to do, he’s a Democrat judge,” Trump said as he left the courthouse for a lunch break.

Trump also continued his attacks on New York Attorney General Letitia James, as he has done nearly every time he’s gone in or out of the courtroom this week.

Trump left the courthouse during the lunch break and is on his way to the airport to return to his Florida residence, Mar-a-Lago.

On his way out of the building, Trump complained that he had been “stuck” at court because of James and the “fake case” against him.

“I’d rather be right now in Iowa. I’d rather be in New Hampshire or South Carolina or Ohio or a lot of other places,” Trump said. “But I’m stuck here because I have a corrupt attorney general that communicates with the DOJ in Washington to keep me nice and busy, because I’m leading (Joe) Biden in the polls by a lot.”

Trump’s net worth tumbled by 19%, or $600 million, to an estimated $2.6 billion total. That left him $300 million shy of the Forbes cutoff when the magazine unveiled the list Tuesday.

That means that for the second time in three years, Trump did not make the cut for the annual rankings that he’s long seemed obsessed with and has even been accused of conning his way onto in the past.
[snip]
As Forbes notes, Trump “lied” to the magazine in a successful effort to make the Forbes 400.

“He conned his way into sharing a spot on the inaugural list in 1982 with his father, Fred Trump, by convincing a reporter that he held a larger percentage of Fred’s fortune than he actually did,” Forbes wrote.

A former Forbes reporter alleged in 2018 that, in the 1980s, Trump pretended to be a Trump Organization executive named John Barron, speaking on Trump’s behalf to lie about his wealth.

“He figured out what he had to do in order to deceive me and get onto that list. And he did it very well,” Jonathan Greenberg, the former Forbes reporter, previously told CNN.
https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/04/business/trump-forbes-400-trial/index.html

BWAH HA HAH HAH

CNN update:

“I will not be bullied": New York attorney general calls Trump's appearance at fraud trial a political stunt​

From CNN's Laura Dolan

Appearing outside the courtroom where former President Donald Trump has railed against her for three days, New York Attorney General Letitia James fought back, calling Trump’s attendance a “political stunt.”
“I will not be bullied,” James said. “Mr. Trump is no longer here. The Donald Trump show is over. This was nothing more than a political stunt, a fundraising stop.”
She addressed his multiple comments, saying they were void of facts or evidence.
Trump was not required to attend the $250 million civil fraud trial against him, his eldest sons, their companies and Trump Organization executives, but was in court for the first three days.
“Mr. Trump’s comments were offensive, they were baseless,” James said, adding the case was brought “simply because it was a case where individuals engaged in a pattern and practice of fraud.”
Trump called James, Judge Arthur Engoron, and the trial “corrupt” multiple times. He also accused James of targeting him in a “witch hunt.”
At one point, Trump referred to James as a political animal.
“You borrow money, you pay it back and you get sued by a political animal,” Trump said earlier Wednesday morning.
James said his comments appealed to the bottom of our humanity.
“What they were, were comments that unfortunately fomented violence. Comments that I would describe as race-baiting,” James said.
As she left for the courtroom, James said she is confident that justice will be served.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UK Feline