GUILTY NY - 30 injured in Manhattan bombing, 17 Sept 2016 *Ahmad Khan Rahimi arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My thoughts: Either ditched the duffel bag in the garbage can in Elizabeth with plan to come back later and distribute the bombs, plant them, at various locations OR

Ditched the duffel bag in the garbage can to get rid of them bc had no time and needed to get out of town quickly

I might be confusing this - but I thought someone did something with setting it down and then other people came up and removed it - so is that theft? Media , intially, played it like they all were "involved"

why send two more members of your gang - in to pick it up

am I not understanding this correctly??

After all the billions we spend , it seems the homeless and theives have saved many lives !!!!!!!

He looks like he hasn't missed any fried chicken dinners......

I might be confusing this - but I thought someone did something with setting it down and then other people came up and removed it - so is that theft? Media , intially, played it like they all were "involved"

why send two more members of your gang - in to pick it up

am I not understanding this correctly??

Believe were 2 homeless men simply rummaging through garbage cans

No theft as placed in garbage can. Opened duffel bag to see what's inside. Not uncommon

Tony Gatto ‏@gattotony
The suspicious package reports, precautionary closures, lockdowns and police activity in NY and NJ are too many to count.

-----------------------

ETA: This isn't sounding too good 😞

jmo

Those types of garbage cans no longer used for the most part in public places/streets, at least in Manhattan, since post 9/11.

Dumpsters, there are plenty

b596d2b5de2d6332173ab04eb3f68f5b.jpg

[video=twitter;777869814874374144]https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/777869814874374144[/video]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

No theft as placed in garbage can. Opened duffel bag to see what's inside. Not uncommon

Right. That was the way I took it. Just a couple innocent people thinking they found something they could use. They are so lucky the thing did not go off on them.

The video of the robot trying to look at the device and it exploded shows how easy it would have been to get killed by one of those things. I wonder what the triggerring device is to make them go off.

Some are set off by calling a cell phone and when the phone goes off it gives off an electric current to complete the circuit. Others are setup to go off with movement but those are pretty hard to make because the maker risks them exloding. It will be interesting to hear how these were built to understand what would set them off.

The real sophisticated ones in the movies use Mercury as a movement material and if the package is tilted then the mercury moves over to a spot to complete the circuit.

I dont think this perp's device was very technical so it will be interesting to learn what would set the bombs off.

Mr. Bollwage, speaking at a news conference on Monday morning, described how the Rahami family had issues with the city in the past, mainly surrounding the operation of their family restaurant, First American Fried Chicken.

On one occasion when the police came to force the restaurant to close, one of Mr. Rahami’s older brothers got in a fight with a police officer and was arrested. Before the case could be resolved, Mr. McDermott said, the son fled to his home country, Afghanistan.
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/09/20/nyregion/nyc-nj-explosions-ahmad-khan-rahami.html

Read the article for the whole story. I would not be surprised to learn that the family had knowledge of, or was involved in these bombings.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yes, not exactly thieves. Someone (or someones...can't remember if singular or plural) took the luggage on 27th Street but left the contents.

And then a woman from the neighborhood noticed the contents and called them in, after first thinking they were a science project.

Ordinary people are indeed helping keeping us safe...even when they don't know it.

(I would never look in an unattended duffle bag. My husband once did that with a backpack, and someone had vomited in it! I'm never tempted to look after that!)

May not be related, just got word from my coworker that her Mom works right in Times Square, two office buildings lost power, not sure why. Will update when I know more.

Yes, not exactly thieves. Someone (or someones...can't remember if singular or plural) took the luggage on 27th Street but left the contents.

And then a woman from the neighborhood noticed the contents and called them in, after first thinking they were a science project.

Ordinary people are indeed helping keeping us safe...even when they don't know it.

(I would never look in an unattended duffle bag. My husband once did that with a backpack, and someone had vomited in it! I'm never tempted to look after that!)

There were actually two separate incidents. One device in NY was placed in a duffel bag. Two men were seen on video taking the bag itself but leaving the device. Woman then noticed the device and called it in.
In New Jersey, two homeless men found a bunch of devices and called that in.

May not be related, just got word from my coworker that her Mom works right in Times Square, two office buildings lost power, not sure why. Will update when I know more.

Please do if you find out anymore. We appreciate all the local tidbits from everyone. Thanks.

There were actually two separate incidents. One device in NY was placed in a duffel bag. Two men were seen on video taking the bag itself but leaving the device. Woman then noticed the device and called it in.
In New Jersey, two homeless men found a bunch of devices and called that in.

Yes, sorry I wasn't clear - I was referring only to the 27th Street incident and realize the Elizabeth, NJ was another one.

And...I hope there are no more!

The rumor mill around the office here is that there are bomb threats somewhere in Newark, something about a parking garage.

I'm sure there are bomb threats now all over New Jersey and New York City!

I don't think I can take much more of this stress, I would have NEVER thought my little sleepy town of Seaside Park would be a target.

Yes, please do update with whatever you hear. Thanks.

Friends sisters tweet.
Helicopters hoovering over Times Square at moment. Can see from my building.
[video=twitter;777863468095537152]https://twitter.com/marlenamontero/status/777863468095537152[/video]

Stay safe everyone!!! I have been having trouble on this site for a few weeks. Rarely posting, even thanking a post caused issues. Seems ok as of the last hr. for me. This has been so sickening.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
there always an answer
Back