Found Deceased NY - Avonte Oquendo, 14, Long Island City, 4 Oct 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Aww I knew I liked you! :blowkiss: And I'm cracking up at your pull over smilie :lol: I feed feral cats everyday (that I have taken myself and had spayed and neutered) and a few stray dogs as well that won't let anyone catch them. Like you, I always am on the lookout for a stray dog. (I work at a shelter.)

iT IS 4 AM and I am just starting my feral cat feeding. They like it early and I woke up to them staring at me. I feed about 10 of them, some got spayed and neutered but ended up in my home, the rest will when I find the money, in the meantime they get heat and food. I can't imagine a little boy left alone outside with neither

They need to just keep looking.Avonte is one of the missing persons I immediately didn't think he died right away.I feel he still could be cold and hungry out there somewhere.Maybe in a place familiar to him or further away because he is lost.Just please keep looking for him and I am praying to find him today.

I feel the homeless people will know about him.

Please do not quote FB or Twitter. You may link and paraphrase but no direct quotes or screen shots are allowed.

I'm already welling up tears in my eyes. I'm going to bawl like a baby over this young fella. How do you long-timers pick yourself up and carry on to the next one when something awful happens? But I'm not giving up on you Avonte, stranger things have happened!!

Optimism is a weed. I fell hard for my first WS case and have not invested myself too much in any others but sometimes good things happen. Very, very rarely but sometimes these kids come home. I hold all the hope in the world for Avonte but hafta admit, it fades a little more each day.

I am riding Metro North from CT to NYC right now, and 2 MTA cops were waiting at my stop. This isn't confirmed, but people are saying they are searching for Avonte. I will ask the conductor when he comes by.

Searches on NYC subway trains really stepped up today. Officers were searching the train at my subway stop this morning, and PA announcements were made repeatedly on the train and in stations that I walked through. Flyers have been posted in subway stations for at least the past week.

Searches on NYC subway trains really stepped up today. Officers were searching the train at my subway stop this morning, and PA announcements were made repeatedly on the train and in stations that I walked through. Flyers have been posted in subway stations for at least the past week.

:wagon: KenShabby! :welcome:

thank you for keeping us informed on what is happening locally in Avonte's case!

:seeya:

Have there been any more updates on Avonte? I'm praying they find him today.Soon.

Optimism is a weed. I fell hard for my first WS case and have not invested myself too much in any others but sometimes good things happen. Very, very rarely but sometimes these kids come home. I hold all the hope in the world for Avonte but hafta admit, it fades a little more each day.
I know how you feel. When I got on WS tonight I held my breath, not wanting to see the worst. I am trying to stay hopeful.

I hope Avonte has had something warm to eat and a safe place to stay. Here in PA it is that time of year where the weather may be warm during the days but it really cools down at night. So I am just thinking of Avonte and hoping he has something to keep him warm tonight.

Sigh...another day and no Avonte. At first I thought that it could be a good thing to be lost in a big city because someone would recognize him somewhere. Now I'm not so sure. Unless he is no longer in New York, how could he allude all the surveillance cameras, police, and the thousands if not million people that have seen his face on posters. It isn't even likely he has changed clothes so his description would still fit. I wish psychics were legit and I was one of them. How rewarding a job would that be! Thanks to all who are checking in and giving moral support for Avonte. :seeya:

The most heartbreaking part of this whole story is the fact the boy cannot ask for help or tell anyone he's lost! He could have been freaked out just hours later and unable to tell someone he wants his mom--just thinking about it makes me tear up.

Come home Avonte <3

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

iT IS 4 AM and I am just starting my feral cat feeding. They like it early and I woke up to them staring at me. I feed about 10 of them, some got spayed and neutered but ended up in my home, the rest will when I find the money, in the meantime they get heat and food. I can't imagine a little boy left alone outside with neither

Aww good for you :blowkiss: Thank you for doing that. I think kind hearts breed kindred spirits. I find it difficult to sleep when I'm worried about something, and lately Avonte's face keeps flashing in my mind, especially when I'm trying to go to sleep. It's as if I feel guilty for being comfortable, you know what I mean? Sigh. Okay, had a few glasses of wine tonight and feeling melancholy! :beersign:

Avonte, please come home safely!

While I'm glad to see the donations toward reward money for Avonte's safe return, I hope the put a cap on it. Else, if someone is keeping Avonte, they could be holding out for more money.

I didn't even think of that but you're probably right. Sad, isn't it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janemt
Back