Found Deceased NY - Avonte Oquendo, 14, Long Island City, 4 Oct 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Vanessa Fontaine, mother of the missing Avonte Oquendo: "My message to my son is that I love him and we're going to find him"

"I feel that someone has him, they are holding him because there's not a surveillance tape around that shows him at all in a train station, not walking in the street, anywhere," she said, of her child with a well-documented fondness for trains.

article and video here:

http://piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com/20...s-that-i-love-him-and-were-going-to-find-him/

Has anyone heard if Texas EquuSearch has found out anything on Avonte?

Social media is buzzing that he was spotted on a train... I keep hitting refresh on my phone to see if it is true. I hope it is!
Not quoting because you can't quote FB right?

this would be such a great way to start the weekend for Avonte's brother and all who are lookign for him! Please please please be him on that train!

This is so horrible and tragic ... It's like he simply vanished off the face of the Earth! How can that be????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Unfortunately most autistic children have no fear of danger at all. They have no idea that running into traffic can kill you or that jumping into water you could drown.

"No fear of danger - the autistic child has no concept of "what is dangerous" and, unfortunately, for too many parents, this has resulted in the death of their child."
http://www.asha.org/public/speech/disorders/Autism.htm

I'm not a big fan of Rev Al, but overall I think he has done more good than harm in NYC. (Brawley was 1987, hardly a milestone. The girl lied about a rape and was sued for defamation. She just started paying her victims this year.) Sharpton Paid his dues to Pagones, a cool $65,000, in 2001. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...-to-repay-lawyer-she-falsely-accused/2618399/

If im not mistaken one of the police officers named killed himself!

And sorry I don't think Rev Al can help any, JMO! A Mouth piece yea!

I just heard about this case yesterday and having an ASD myself, it really grabbed me.

I can't imagine where he could be but after two weeks it doesn't seem very hopeful. Someone taking him wouldn't seem to make sense given he wouldn't likely be a "good" captive.

He really seemed like he had a place he wanted to go from the surveillance video. Was it confirmed he had been found in a subway station after running away before?

I think any organization or any person that can bring additional media attention and help searching is only a good thing and that other stuff really doesn't matter in this moment.

Search for autistic teen focuses on railroad yard, source says
By Brian Vitagliano, Allie Malloy and Rande Iaboni , CNN
updated 10:20 PM EDT, Fri October 18, 2013

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/18/us/new-york-missing-autistic-teen/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_latest+(RSS%3A+Most+Recent)
<snipped>
Three hours after Avonte went missing, bloodhounds traced his scent to a marshy area near his school, but then lost the trail near the water, the source said.
One hour after that, the bloodhounds picked up Avonte's scent again, this time at a subway station nearby, the source said.
<snipped>
The previous notion that Avonte did not like water may not be correct, according to the source, who said Avonte apparently recently attended a class trip on a Circle Line Sightseeing cruise and was fascinated by the water. The NYPD had six divers in nearby water on Thursday using sonar, the source said.
For the first time in the extensive search, police have brought in the assistance of cadaver dogs, the source said.
:(

All of the efforts to find Avonte are wonderful; I just hope they're not too late. I think of this young man often. Two days ago, I heard a radio announcement about Avonte on the national news, but it was brief. No description of Avonte was given other than he is autistic.

Please be safe, Avonte.

If im not mistaken one of the police officers named killed himself!

And sorry I don't think Rev Al can help any, JMO! A Mouth piece yea!

Yes, part time police officer Harry Crist Jr shot himself, but it was before the accusations. After his death it was reported by a witness that his car was seen near where the girls body was found in the trash. And so, it was assumed he had some guilt in the case. He killed himself 4 days after she was found.

Sharpton is nothing special, but he has many many followers and it's those folks that we need out combing the streets to find this child.

I still think the homeless community could be instrumental in finding him. If he's alive, someone's feeding him. Typically they trust very few people, surely there are a few outreach people...on their short list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LostInMaine
Back