Found Deceased NY - Avonte Oquendo, 14, Long Island City, 4 Oct 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The eye shape, ear position, approx height... Refusing to engage in conversation.

Man oh man... Please let it be him!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The nose, too, looks the same IMO. I think the picture looks a lot like Avonte. I'm so excited about this! The shirt the boy is wearing in the subway picture looks too big for him. That makes me hopeful that someone did take Avonte in and perhaps let him change into clothes belonging to a son.

Praying that it is Avonte in the photo and that he'll be home soon! :praying:

I agree it does look like him.I really pray this is him.Why didn't that other boy call and tell someone? He put it on his facebook page? Where is the boy in the picture now?

The hair even looks like it has grown out to a length appropriate for the time he has been missing. It sure does look like him, but his mom isn't certain?

I agree it does look like him.I really pray this is him.Why didn't that other boy call and tell someone? He put it on his facebook page? Where is the boy in the picture now?

BBM That was my first thought too, but do we know for sure he didn't call someone? I read that he tried to talk to him but the boy wouldn't answer him. The boy that took the pic was only 13, maybe he was unsure of what to do. I sure wish he would have though.

Please be Avonte! I can't imagine how the family is feeling.

There is another autistic boy missing in NYC:

Police Search For Autistic Teen Who Vanished In Yonkers
Police: Robert Richard May Be In The Bronx, Likes Certain Fast Food

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/10/30/police-search-for-autistic-teen-who-vanished-in-yonkers/

Not to get off track of Avonte's thread, but thought we could use a bit of good news over here. The other missing autistic teen was found safe! Thank goodness.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/northern_suburbs&id=9307532

Avonte's brother posted on twitter than someone reported the Missing Avonte Oquendo as spam and had it shut down? WTH? I just went to it and it is still shut down. Who the heck would do such a thing? Karma, baby, karma.

He is also upset because people are thinking that Avonte has been found and have stopped searching. He said the family doesn't think it is him.

I opened the link with the photo, preparing to be disappointed. But it sure looks like Avonte. Wow, wouldn't that be amazing?!!

Anxiously waiting for more news ...

ETA: Yuwanano - Was this the info you were trying to share? No need to respond. But if so, thank you. :)

I opened the link with the photo, preparing to be disappointed. But it sure looks like Avonte. Wow, wouldn't that be amazing?!!

Anxiously waiting for more news ...

ETA: Yuwanano - Was this the info you were trying to share? No need to respond. But if so, thank you. :)

The side by side image of the boy on the train made my heart skip a beat. I am with you HulaMom. I am hoping and praying this could be him. The article linked upthread stated it is being handled as a "concrete lead" and that's just what is needed right now!

:please:

#FindAvonte

HulaMom

The answer is no. The boy on train definitely does not appear to me to be AVonte. There is a resemblance but the young man on train looks at least 3 yrs. older than Avonte. Avonte looks very young for his age, as per all pix.

This is actually quite common for autistic children as they have comorbid gastrointestinal issues that preclude them from getting all nutrients needed to grow properly.

Most tend to be on the thinner, smaller side.
Please advise with suggestions on how to post anonymously to NYPD if you can.

Thank you.

HulaMom

The answer is no. The boy on train definitely does not appear to me to be AVonte. There is a resemblance but the young man on train looks at least 3 yrs. older than Avonte. Avonte looks very young for his age, as per all pix.

This is actually quite common for autistic children as they have comorbid gastrointestinal issues that preclude them from getting all nutrients needed to grow properly.

Most tend to be on the thinner, smaller side.
Please advise with suggestions on how to post anonymously to NYPD if you can.

Thank you.

Yuwanano - The crimestoppers link in HauntsForHope's (thank you!) post above is working. I just tried it. Please try it now. Now you've got me very worried. :(

BTW, not a sighting.

If it were, I would be glued to the little guy, holding on for dear life and never letting go, calling 911 and shouting to the heavens that I'd found him.

May or may not have useful info. NYPD is to be the arbitor of whether it might be useful or not. Wish to submit info in writing.

Sometimes, it is the little things that lead to the bigger picture.

Thank you for the welcome.

BTW, not a sighting.

If it were, I would be glued to the little guy, holding on for dear life and never letting go, calling 911 and shouting to the heavens that I'd found him.

May or may not have useful info. NYPD is to be the arbitor of whether it might be useful or not. Wish to submit info in writing.

Sometimes, it is the little things that lead to the bigger picture.

Thank you for the welcome.

https://a056-crimestoppers.nyc.gov/crimestoppers/public/tip-form.cfm

Wow, I sure think it looks like him. It could be wishful thinking but, wow....

Just tried it again 2 minutes ago.

Same thing happened.

When I typed in the info and clicked on "SUBMIT", I get the an error message stating: "There has been a error processing your......Contact the administrator".

Strange.

I will continue trying throughout the day.

Im thankful the person at least took a picture, but wish people would not be afraid to take even more action. Wondering why he didnt maybe ask a transit officer to check with the boy or ask him if he is the missing boy and at least try to do a little more.

I think people are somewhat afraid to confront a person like this.

Because even if it was him, now he could be anywhere again. So frustrating.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LostInMaine
Back