GUILTY NY - Bernard Madoff charged in $50 billion fraud, 2008 - dies Apr 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Isn't one of the news networks (maybe CBS?) showing interviews with their relatives week? The clips they are showing seem pretty negative toward the Madoffs.

So either the rejection by family is hitting them hard, or they are trying for sympathy from the relatives.

Their daughter-in-law wrote a book that was released last week and then did a series of interviews on ABC. She was on 20/20 last Friday-- it was very fascinating to hear her speak about the whole ordeal, I highly recommend it. The DIL claims that her husband committed suicide after he begged his mother to cut all ties with Bernie and she refused.

I also saw on GMA this morning that Barbara Walters interviewed Bernie in prison a couple of weeks ago. There were no cameras allowed though.

I also saw on GMA this morning that Barbara Walters interviewed Bernie in prison a couple of weeks ago. There were no cameras allowed though.

I saw it too, dave. First thought was "I wonder if she let BERNIE hug her?" :floorlaugh: That would speak volumes about her feelings toward Baez, IMO.

I saw it too, dave. First thought was "I wonder if she let BERNIE hug her?" :floorlaugh: That would speak volumes about her feelings toward Baez, IMO.

Hahaha-- good question, I never thought about that!!

Poooor Ruth!! She was only allowed to keep 2 1/2 MILLION DOLLARS!! How will she survive? Maybe she should read the living paycheck to paycheck thread in the Jury Room!!:banghead:
Suicide huh? Obviously God has other plans for the Madoff's!!:waitasec:

She is trying to get sympathy. I heard a guard who guarded Madoff said it never happened.

Bernie and Ruth Madoff are atrocious, horrible people. I wish Stephanie all the best.

re: the suicide attempt. It sounds like they took a couple of pills and drank a glass of wine. Oh, yea, that will do it :rolleyes:

She oughta go back in hiding!

imo

The second of Ponzi-schemer Bernie Madoff’s daughters-in-law is asking a court for permission to shed her now notorious married name.

Deborah West Madoff, who started divorce proceedings against Bernie’s son Andrew back in 2008, has sought permission in Manhattan Supreme Court to revert to her maiden name. The couple have two children.

She’s not the first in the family to do so: in 2010, her sister-in-law made a similar court application.

The family’s name became mud after Bernie Madoff admitted to cheating thousands of investors out of billions through his elaborate cons. Madoff is serving 150 years in prison. His other son, Mark, committed suicide in December 2010.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/...name_nix_ZfIXFDZHNbrWZhJtikJdHJ#ixzz24fm9R7dW

The penniless Madoffs: Investor's brother and his wife leave $4.6million apartment with NOTHING as they lose all possessions and he prepares for 10 year prison sentence

A source told the New York Post: 'They wanted to take furniture, silverware and glasses - but the federal marshals packed up everything. They were surprised and shocked.'

The paper reported that the couple could only take clothes, a mattress and a box spring.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rison-10-years-Ponzi-case.html#ixzz2HDaPSOoK*

I would like to know how he wound up in the best prison in the country.. Who did he pay and how much did it cost to pull those strings? I think he deserved to go to the worse prison not the country club one he is at.

Outrage as Peter Madoff puts off jail to party at granddaughter's posh bat mitzvah

"Peter Madoff — the prison-bound brother of Ponzi-scheming schmuck Bernie — partied hearty with friends and family at his granddaughter’s bat mitzvah yesterday, seemingly oblivious to the thousands of victims bilked because of his complicity in a multibillion-dollar fraud."

"And the party will continue today, when the Madoffs trip the light fantastic at 404 NYC, a sleek event space on 10th Avenue that has hosted the likes of Chloe Sevigny, Parker Posey and Ethan Hawke."

"Peter Madoff, 67, was slapped with a 10-year sentence on Dec. 20, but a judge — who received pleas from family and clergy to let the granddad attend the event — delayed Madoff’s incarceration until Feb. 6."

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/lox_him_up_I2fHfIyowSsDxZ2A9UJ9jJ

Peter Madoff & Wife Downsize Apartment

"It’s a far cry from their posh Park Avenue pad, but the modest one-bedroom Battery Park City apartment that Ponzi scammer Peter Madoff just moved into is way better than his next home — an 8-by-6 cell in upstate Otisville federal penitentiary."

"The brother of imprisoned-for-life fraudster Bernard Madoff and his wife, Marion, have downsized as he prepares to go to prison next month for a decade-long sentence."

"Their new digs are in the Liberty House on Rector Place where sources said they signed a lease for a $3,200-a-month, 710-square-foot, three-room apartment."

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/the_lease_bern_bro_can_do_nHaLbaSxiYaXycrTWBtBZJ

Bernie, how audacious of you! Blame it on the banks. How can you profess to be holier-than-thou?

And now you seem to be seeking attention and trying to put forth the 'hey, everybody was bad' argument.

Sorry, but it just doesn't fly. Stop trying to feed your narcissistic soul. Instead, why don't you humbly take responsibility, sole responsibility, for the fraud that you, yes YOU, perpetrated!??! It was you who lived high off the hog, entertaining on your yacht and in your residences, all purchased with the money of your victims. Just try "humble" on for size. I know it's likely unknown territory for you.
:furious:

Bernie Madoff is a narcissist who is fueled by narcissistic desires. It is partly fueled by his childhood bitterness with his mother who was stingy. As it turns out, both his parents are crooks. Madoff is highly deceptive in nature and thrives by deception. Deception is an extremely strong trait of Madoff. He is most likely to be similar to Jerry Sandusky, R. Allen Stanford, Jim Jones, Lori Drew, and Casey Anthony as they are highly narcissistic, deceptive, deviant, and deceptive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
northsearch
Back