GUILTY NY - Bernard Madoff charged in $50 billion fraud, 2008 - dies Apr 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can separate my feelings about Madoff the crook and Madoff the parent...and right now my heart goes out to Madoff the parent who has lost his son. The guilt he must feel is probably far worse than any prison sentence we could ever impose.

PEOPLE WILL ALWAYS MAKE MONEY OF A TRAGEDAY.

Reese Witherspoon: New Film Has Eerie Bernie Madoff Connections
Now, on Friday, Sony/Columbia will at last open James L. Brooks’s woeful “How Do You Know” starring Reese Witherspoon, Jack Nicholson, Paul Rudd, and Owen Wilson. Nicholson plays a business titan who’s looted his big Wall Street company. Paul Rudd plays his son who will seemingly take the fall and go to jail for the dad.

>>>>>>>snip more at link

http://www.showbiz411.com/2010/12/15/reese-witherspoon-new-film-has-eerie-bernie-madoff-connections

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_madof...zZWMDeW5fdG9wX3N0b3J5BHNsawNmdWxsbmJzcHN0b3I-

Madoff trustee gets 'game changing' $7B settlement

NEW YORK – The widow of a Florida philanthropist who had been the single-largest beneficiary of Bernard Madoff's colossal Ponzi scheme has agreed to return $7.2 billion in bogus profits to the victims of the fraud, she and authorities announced Friday.

The trustee recovering money for Madoff's burned investors filed court papers formalizing the settlement with the estate of Jeffry Picower, a businessman who drowned after suffering a heart attack in the swimming pool of his Palm Beach, Fla., mansion on Oct. 25, 2009.

"We will return every penny received from almost 35 years of investing with Bernard Madoff," Picower's wife, Barbara, said in a written statement.

"I believe the Madoff Ponzi scheme was deplorable and I am deeply saddened by the tragic impact it continues to have on the lives of its victims," she said. "It is my hope that this settlement will ease that suffering."

U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara called the settlement a "game changer" for Madoff's victims.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_madof...zZWMDeW5fdG9wX3N0b3J5BHNsawNmdWxsbmJzcHN0b3I-

Madoff trustee gets 'game changing' $7B settlement

NEW YORK – The widow of a Florida philanthropist who had been the single-largest beneficiary of Bernard Madoff's colossal Ponzi scheme has agreed to return $7.2 billion in bogus profits to the victims of the fraud, she and authorities announced Friday.

The trustee recovering money for Madoff's burned investors filed court papers formalizing the settlement with the estate of Jeffry Picower, a businessman who drowned after suffering a heart attack in the swimming pool of his Palm Beach, Fla., mansion on Oct. 25, 2009.

"We will return every penny received from almost 35 years of investing with Bernard Madoff," Picower's wife, Barbara, said in a written statement.

"I believe the Madoff Ponzi scheme was deplorable and I am deeply saddened by the tragic impact it continues to have on the lives of its victims," she said. "It is my hope that this settlement will ease that suffering."

U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara called the settlement a "game changer" for Madoff's victims.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Here's more; http://money.cnn.com/2010/12/17/news/companies/madoff_picower/?iref=NS1

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com)
-- The effort to recover money for victims of Bernard Madoff took a dramatic turn Friday when officials said the widow of one of the Ponzi scheme's biggest beneficiaries had agreed to turn over $7.2 billion.

Preet Bharara, U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York, said that the widow of deceased billionaire Jeffry Picower had agreed to return "proceeds" collected over 35 years....

What a remarkable thing to do. Good for her.

So Bernie, let me ask you this

WAS IT WORTH IT??

GOOD GOING GRANDPA:furious::furious::furious::furious:

So Bernie, let me ask you this

WAS IT WORTH IT??

GOOD GOING GRANDPA:furious::furious::furious::furious:
You know what they say about 20/20 !
I think Bernie is tormented by now after Mark hung himself, I would not be surprised if Bernie IS on house watch.
He may be thinking to end it himself. Nobody would miss him.

ME think that as long as Bernie is in the news they divert the BANKING FRAUD.
Me think the Banks have all done the same thing. :furious::furious::furious:
Me think it is no different than any of the diversion games this country is paying :( :( :(

YES BERNIE DID WRONG... SO DID THE BANKS.

A Madoff Son Looks Forward
DECEMBER 20, 2010
Andrew Madoff and his fiancée hosted nearly two dozen close friends for Thanksgiving this year, an event guests jokingly called an "Orphan Thanksgiving." Many flocked to the Madoff residence on Manhattan's Upper East Side because they lived some distance from their own relatives, or were at odds with them.

For Andrew Madoff, the designation rang true. He hadn't spoken with his father, fraudster Bernard Madoff, or his mother Ruth Madoff, in the nearly two years since his father's December 2008 arrest. Just a couple of weeks after that holiday meal, Andrew lost his brother, Mark Madoff, to suicide.

With the ...

http://tiny.cc/xomjk

Ex-Madoff Aide Bongiorno Surrenders to Florida Marshals After Bail Revoked
Annette Bongiorno, the former aide to Bernard Madoff indicted last month for her alleged role in his massive Ponzi scheme, surrendered to U.S. marshals in Florida after her bail was revoked by a judge.

U.S. District Judge Laura Taylor Swain in New York ruled today that Bongiorno has access to millions of dollars that may help her to flee. Swain rejected a proposal by Bongiorno’s lawyers to place funds held by her and her husband under the supervision of a monitor to be hired with her money.

Bongiorno surrendered in West Palm Beach today, before the 3 p.m. deadline set by Swain, according to Wayne Pickering, supervisory deputy in the marshal’s office there. Bongiorno was being booked at the Palm Beach county jail, according to Pickering, who said he didn’t know when she will be flown to New York.

>>>>>>>>>>>>more at link.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-...s-to-florida-marshals-after-bail-revoked.html

Why Everybody Trusted Madoff
And how you can benefit from understanding the kind of trust they displayed.

http://www.forbes.com/2010/12/22/be...ip-managing-ponzi.html?boxes=Homepagechannels

PS: I still say that they all had some instinct that the pay back was not conventional and they should look into it.
However, their greed was not much different from his greed.

Same with the Banks: their greed is not much different from Madoff's greed either.

Local victims of Madoff suing U.S. government
Me say.........What took them so long????

>>>>>>>>>>>>SNIP

Madoff's Ponzi scheme, the suit says, was &#8220;due to the gross negligence of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission,&#8221; which &#8220;during the past 16 years ... was given copious opportunities to stop Madoff's fraud&#8221; and &#8220;failed to recognize any of the smoking guns provided to the SEC by credible third parties and industry experts.&#8221;

>>>>>>>>>more at link.

http://www.postindependent.com/article/20101223/VALLEYNEWS/101229962/0/FRONTPAGE

Thanks for the update Songline.

This story reminds me of Harry Markopolos' constant attempt (over a period of years) to make the SEC pay attention and look more closely at Madoff and the fraud that he knew was being perpetuated against investors. He was rebuffed and ignored time and time again. Mr. Markopolos was tenacious! I read a lot about him when this fraud was originally uncovered and he is quite an impressive man.

Thanks for the update Songline.

This story reminds me of Harry Markopolos' constant attempt (over a period of years) to make the SEC pay attention and look more closely at Madoff and the fraud that he knew was being perpetuated against investors. He was rebuffed and ignored time and time again. Mr. Markopolos was tenacious! I read a lot about him when this fraud was originally uncovered and he is quite an impressive man.

You are right Harry Markopolos' is a very impressive man;
Harry did write a book called "No one would listen", but the fact that no one would listen is a huge problem,
and I wonder what else lies hidden in that, this man was ignored for 8.5 years.
THERE IS SOMETHING VERY WRONG ABOUT THIS... :(
Again I say - they do not want any attention on the Banks.
Because there in lies a huge problem IMHO

Harry Markopolos' did a great investigation at the expense of his own life and families safety.

here is a site that a fan of his put up.
A video on the bottom of the page.
http://www.harrymarkopolos.com/

IMHO every single victim of the Madoff scam should be suing the government.
Harry Markopolos' did a great investigation at the expense of his own life and families safety.
However, the authorities would not listen, WHY? :banghead:
they should be sued.

Thanks for that Songline - I had no idea that he wrote a book but am so glad he did. I will look for it asap....that should be a very interesting read.

It's so hard to imagine how fearful Mr. Markopolos must have felt for his own personal safety and that of his family. There were so many forces working against him at the time and it was such a huge risk to take. That gives me shivers down my spine just thinking about it. What a courageous man.

Thanks for that Songline - I had no idea that he wrote a book but am so glad he did. I will look for it asap....that should be a very interesting read.

It's so hard to imagine how fearful Mr. Markopolos must have felt for his own personal safety and that of his family. There were so many forces working against him at the time and it was such a huge risk to take. That gives me shivers down my spine just thinking about it. What a courageous man.

I agree I too would be very interested in reading his book.
I also wonder what he is NOT saying :( I find it incomprehensible that for 8.5 years he was blowing a whistle and nobody was listening.
I AM THINKING IT HAS A LOT TO DO WITH NOT WANTING TO POINT A FINGER TOWARD THE FLAWS THAT ALLOW THE BANKS TO SCREW US LEGALLY OR ILLIGALY BUT GETTING AWAY WITH IT.
IMHO Bernie did wrong, and also the Banks did wrong. But as long as we point fingers at Bernie, the Banks slide by because we are not pointing at them.

I believe that Mr. Markopolos is a very intelligent man, and knows for safety sake not to point at banks.
YES, I would/will read his book.

According to wikipedia Bernie had Government access.....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Madoff#Government_access

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannepalmer85
Back