GUILTY NY - Bernard Madoff charged in $50 billion fraud, 2008 - dies Apr 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bernard Madoff will not travel to son Mark’s funeral

Convicted Ponzi-schemer Bernard Madoff won’t attend his son’s Mark’s funeral, according to CNBC.
>snip>
Madoff will not travel to the funeral, but instead will hold a private ceremony at the medium-security Butner Federal Correctional Institution in North Carolina where he is serving a 150-year sentence. His decision not to attend is to protect his family’s privacy, Ira Sorkin, the attorney for Bernard Madoff, told CNBC
>snip>>>>>>More at link
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40640255/ns/business-us_business/

Very sad ending :(

I do not care what he has done; he should be allowed to go to his son’s funeral.
However, he has so many enemies that the rest of the family may be in danger.
JMHO

Ruth is blaming Bernie for all of this - I heard it on a video this morning.
there will be no reporters at the funeral, and nobody will be photographed.

Mark and his bro did not talk to their Mum or Dad for last 2 yrs. yes, it is sad but Ive seen this same thing go on in my family.
Doesn't surprise me.Hopefully, the other bro will realize life is short, talk to your Mother, you only have ONE. I feel sorry for Mrs Madoff. If she didnt know what was going on then her life is now awful:(
I cant imagine my son committing suicide. So SAD.

Bernard Madoff will not travel to son Mark’s funeral

Convicted Ponzi-schemer Bernard Madoff won’t attend his son’s Mark’s funeral, according to CNBC.
>snip>
Madoff will not travel to the funeral, but instead will hold a private ceremony at the medium-security Butner Federal Correctional Institution in North Carolina where he is serving a 150-year sentence. His decision not to attend is to protect his family’s privacy, Ira Sorkin, the attorney for Bernard Madoff, told CNBC
>snip>>>>>>More at link
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40640255/ns/business-us_business/

Very sad ending :(

I do not care what he has done; he should be allowed to go to his son’s funeral.
However, he has so many enemies that the rest of the family may be in danger.
JMHO

Ruth is blaming Bernie for all of this - I heard it on a video this morning.
there will be no reporters at the funeral, and nobody will be photographed.

How is he going to do Kaddish everyday? Where? I doubt they have a
synagogue at prision. Hopefully his brother can get a Minion for him.

From the prison handbook:

"Religious Programs: The FCI-I & SPC Butner offers a wide range of religious programs to inmates. Staff
chaplains of specific faiths are available, as well as contract and volunteer representatives of other faiths.
Special religious diets, holiday observances, and other worship activities are coordinated through the
Chaplain's Office. Information about these programs is available from the Chaplains Office."

From the prison handbook:

"Religious Programs: The FCI-I & SPC Butner offers a wide range of religious programs to inmates. Staff
chaplains of specific faiths are available, as well as contract and volunteer representatives of other faiths.
Special religious diets, holiday observances, and other worship activities are coordinated through the
Chaplain's Office. Information about these programs is available from the Chaplains Office."

TY, buuut, that's not the same or even near close to a synagogue. I doubt they even have a Torah there. What about the tallis? Yarmulkes?
Those things are very important in the practicing Jewish religion.
Buuut, I guess he just has to make do with what he can get.
I just feel bad for Mark, if indeed he felt he had to take his own life.
And yes, the Jewish religion frowns upon suicides 99% of the time. There are small exceptions for euthenasia (I know I butchered that word) tho.

The family sits in the mourners row but they mourn for the living instead of the dead.

I've checked many times, it's still the same. :(

I had done this for someone long ago and brought a Rabbi in to a prison. (the prison recomended him)
There was no minyan, just prayers, and they did do Kaddish.
It was not the ordinary sitting Shiva either. However, prisons have priests and Rabbis that are permitted to come in. All the proper provisions like Torah Yameka was provided.

I feel sorry for all of them right now. :(

for all who are not Jewish it is a 7 day tradition of prayers.

Mark Madoff and the Fraud's Burden
<<<<<<<snip

Mark Madoff kept up with the Madoff legal case on the Internet and was "distraught" with reports that suggested he was part of the fraud and that investigators were still looking at him in connection with his father's Ponzi scheme, one person who had spoken with him said recently.
While Andrew Madoff, a survivor of lymphoma, started biking more than 100 miles a week and working with his fiancée in her consulting business, Mark Madoff in the last year spent time calling on old Wall Street contacts from his trading days. He tested the waters for a job, but there were no takers. He recently turned his attention to working on applications for iPads, one friend noted early this week.

>>>>>>snip

Known as sociable and confident, Mark Madoff often went out with his trading colleagues and hit the circuit of conferences where traders met to talk about how stocks were bought and sold. As he worked alongside his brother, Mark became known as the easier of the two talk to, while Andrew was more driven, more introverted and some say, more book-smart.

Mark was the one viewed as more involved in the business during the 2000s. After Andrew contended with lymphoma, he developed broader interests, such as working with a foundation devoted to lymphoma research.

In 2000, Mark Madoff was listed as head of trading for Madoff in stocks listed on the New York Stock Exchange.

>>>>>>>>>>>much more at the link

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...33646505202.html?mod=WSJ_WSJ_News_BlogsModule

I read somewhere that his wife had a really hard time with it all, and changed her name and the children&#8217;s names too.
It must have pained Mark from all directions he was suddenly an orphan who was being investigated, and his beautiful wife had to hide in her own ways too.

Madoff is mourning alone

>>>>>>>>snip

Mark Madoff committed suicide Saturday at his home in Manhattan on the second anniversary of his father's arrest.

Sorkin said Bernard Madoff would be "conducting a private service on his own" at the Butner Federal Correctional Complex in North Carolina, where he is serving a 150-year sentence for perpetrating what is thought to be the largest Ponzi scheme in U.S. history.

On Monday the New York Post reported that the Mark Madoff's mother, Ruth, has blamed the father's sins for the son's suicide.

>>>>>>>snip

The family has made no announcement about a funeral.

>>>>>>>>>snip

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/money_co/2010/12/madoff-mourning-alone.html

Bernie Madoff will not attend son Mark Madoff's funeral:
>snip>>>

"Mr. Madoff will not be attending the funeral out of consideration for his daughter-in-law's and grandchildren's privacy," said attorney Ira Lee Sorkin.
>>>>>>>>snip

It also remains unclear whether Mark's mother Ruth - with whom he and his brother cut off contact after their father admitted running the epic scam - would be asked to attend.
"It sounds like it is very much up in the air," said Madoff biographer Jerry Oppenheimer, who has spoken with people close to Ruth. "I can't imagine her not wanting be at her son's funeral."
>>>>>>>snip

Ruth has been living in Florida, spending time with her sister, Joan Roman. Roman's husband, Robert, reacted angrily when reached by phone Monday.

"Have you read the press over the past two years? That's what put Mark Madoff in his grave," he said. "If you think anyone in this family is going to talk after what my nephew went through, you are out of your mind."
>>>>>>snip

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local...al_are_slim_prison_warden_.html#ixzz184IUtGqv

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local...al_are_slim_prison_warden_.html#ixzz184IHuKOO
>>>>>>snip

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local...al_are_slim_prison_warden_.html#ixzz184I8QsTa

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local...al_are_slim_prison_warden_.html#ixzz184Hr5Wvj

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local...al_are_slim_prison_warden_.html#ixzz184HiYHJJ

From article:
"Mark loved his lifestyle, loved the fact he could fly on a private jet or walk into Dunhill and spend $200 on an umbrella," a trader told Vanity Fair in 2009."

These people had warped values IMO
It wouldve been nicer to read: Mark couldnt wait for the day to end so he could spend time with his young children:(

I'm not so sure Bernie would be allowed to go to his son's funeral even if he so desired. Isn't that done only when inmates are close to the end of their sentence?

I'm not so sure Bernie would be allowed to go to his son's funeral even if he so desired. Isn't that done only when inmates are close to the end of their sentence?

I believe he could request it.

Madoff Kin to Mourn in Private

>>>>>>snip....
The body of Mark Madoff, the older son of Bernard L. Madoff, was set to be cremated on Tuesday with no funeral service planned, according to a person close to the family.
>>>>snip
The body of Mr. Madoff was picked up midday Tuesday at the New York City medical examiner&#8217;s office by a person from the Gramercy Park Memorial Chapel, a spokeswoman for the medical examiner said.

More at link>>>>>>>>>>

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2010/12/14/madoff-kin-to-mourn-in-private/

WOW! Cremation is not the Jewish way to go. :(
It is in fact not allowed for Jewish people to be cremated.
(I know few choose that &#8211; but it is not our way)
They probably did not want to be anywhere in public or with each other :(
This is really very sad:(
I do hope they sit Shiva!!! (a morning ritual)

From article:
"Mark loved his lifestyle, loved the fact he could fly on a private jet or walk into Dunhill and spend $200 on an umbrella," a trader told Vanity Fair in 2009."

These people had warped values IMO
It wouldve been nicer to read: Mark couldnt wait for the day to end so he could spend time with his young children:(

hmmm.... He was never NOT rich.
When you grow up rich it is very NORMAL.

NO I can not judge that at all, not even for a nano second.
I have had many flush years in my past....And I was not born into money...
It is a very different life style COMPLEATLY a different consciousness.
YOU DONT THINK TWICE ABOUT IT. and why should you?
You can be very giving, and still live nice.
My daughters father did give me avery lavish life at one time.
So I was very blessed and do know the difference.
"I loved my lifestyle too" why wouldn't anyone who can live it "love it" ???
Wish I can do it again.
If he was not controlling I would not have ever walked away from the "life style".
I am just an odd duck that can NOT be owned.

Madoff is mourning alone

>>>>>>>>snip

Mark Madoff committed suicide Saturday at his home in Manhattan on the second anniversary of his father's arrest.

Sorkin said Bernard Madoff would be "conducting a private service on his own" at the Butner Federal Correctional Complex in North Carolina, where he is serving a 150-year sentence for perpetrating what is thought to be the largest Ponzi scheme in U.S. history.

On Monday the New York Post reported that the Mark Madoff's mother, Ruth, has blamed the father's sins for the son's suicide.

>>>>>>>snip

The family has made no announcement about a funeral.

>>>>>>>>>snip

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/money_co/2010/12/madoff-mourning-alone.html

He has no right to this but I almost feel sory for Madoff. Too bad this was all his doing.
Just for M O N E Y!!!
Bad bad decision Bernie.
IMO MOO jmo etc..

Madoff Kin to Mourn in Private

>>>>>>snip....
The body of Mark Madoff, the older son of Bernard L. Madoff, was set to be cremated on Tuesday with no funeral service planned, according to a person close to the family.
>>>>snip
The body of Mr. Madoff was picked up midday Tuesday at the New York City medical examiner’s office by a person from the Gramercy Park Memorial Chapel, a spokeswoman for the medical examiner said.

More at link>>>>>>>>>>

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2010/12/14/madoff-kin-to-mourn-in-private/

WOW! Cremation is not the Jewish way to go. :(
It is in fact not allowed for Jewish people to be cremated.
(I know few choose that – but it is not our way)
They probably did not want to be anywhere in public or with each other :(
This is really very sad:(
I do hope they sit Shiva!!! (a morning ritual)

Dang. I'll take a day of sitting Shiva for Mark.
How so very sad. What an ending. Wow.
Anybody else feel like taking a day? I just feel so sorry for that guy and especially his babies.:cry:

Anybody else feel like taking a day? I just feel so sorry for that guy and especially his babies.:cry:

The only sympathy I can muster for Mark Madoff is that he must have been under extreme mental duress, stress and what I imagine was insufferable anxiety about what was to come down in the future. The kind of mental anguish he must have been experiencing to take such a reckless action in the presence of his son is something I wouldn't wish on anyone. However, I do believe that he, his brother and their cousin were very much in on the con. It will be interesting to see the end results of the pending court proceedings.

I feel sorry for Bernie too. Not only did he do wrong and have the guts to pay for it...
But he never dreamed this could happen, this one will kill him slowly...
The total opposite of what he wanted for his children is happening. they will forever suffer.
I will say Kadish for Mark this Friday. He deserves a prayer.

I do not believe that Bernie took another floor for the business and kept his sons in the loop.
I believe if they asked questions, Bernie Bernie would redirect...to keep his kids protected.

COMON GUYES YOU THINK the mafia comes home and tell their family who they fried that day?
They don’t, they keep things nice in the family.

I do believe that Mark got the worst of it.
In addition, don’t forget this is no street/tough kid, he was raised with a soft touch cushioned, the humiliation alone topped off with scrutiny and loneliness and inability to support his family was a huge dose to swallow.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmeyer
Back