GUILTY NY - Bernard Madoff charged in $50 billion fraud, 2008 - dies Apr 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The wife of disgraced money manager Bernard Madoff withdrew more than $15 million from a firm co-owned by her husband — including $10 million on the day before his arrest on charges he ran a $50 billion Ponzi scheme, the top security regulator in Massachusetts said Wednesday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090211/ap_on_bi_ge/madoff_wife;_ylt=Ap0UPvXRj9_bZm0jJfexCZjgtY54

I doubt the depth of Madoff's conspiracy, collusion & fraud will ever be known. His reported "confession" to sons & other top officials is laughable....many more had to know about the company's real biznizz. The investors will never recoup their $$$, but the attorneys are laughing & singing all the way to the bank.

Meanwhile, poor Mr M, locked inside his NY penthouse wearing that uncomfortable ankle band & missing the season's parties in Palm Beach. (Don't you wonder what what his monthly household expenses are?) In my local paper, I read where a woman was in jail for a $30 bad check.... Maybe Lady Justice needs to peek out under her blindfold sometimes; this is not what our founding fathers intended.

I went to Jury Duty today, told them I will not serve on a criminal case - Only a civil case because Madoff is still walking around in a penthouse apartment while people with lessor crime are in jail.
I got rescheduled for civil court on Tuesday. THIS MAN MAKES ME SICK HE BELONGS IN JAIL NOW.
http://ny.therealdeal.com/articles/17138/elert

I never could understand why white collar crimes are handled so much differently than other crimes. They generally affect many more people and do huge damage to their lives.

I, too, think he should be locked up with other prisoners in jail until his trial. No special privileges should be granted to a criminal of this magnitude. It's disgraceful.

This Poor Excuse for a human being is asking to keep 69 million?
He must have more then that off shore.
He hurt too many people to ask for a dime. :furious:

His victims are facing bankruptcy and homelessness, but Bernie Madoff wants to keep $69 million worth of assets ....<<<SNIP>>>

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03032009/news/regionalnews/bernie__keep_69m_in_evil_clutches_157793.htm

Oh that is ultimately evil to think he could keep 3 pennies. What a vile evil horrible human. How GREED became his GOD! Well I hope he likes it hot because MADOFF - you can't take it with you. :furious:

Prosecutors hint Madoff plea deal in works:furious:
Motion filed indicates alleged swindler may be ready to plead guilty.

The U.S. Attorney's office suggested in a brief court filing that the money manager is ready
to waive an indictment. Such language is often used when plea deals are near.

<<<SNIP>>>>

I am cursing up a storm....!@#$%^&*
SOB may never go to jail? :behindbar where he belongs with his wife.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29550035/
and here is another article:
http://www.crainsnewyork.com/section/information/

What kind of a legal system is that? :furious:
Is he in bed with the Judge? Or does he own the NYSE where he was a high official,
and bought many favors? (collecting them now?)

I got a call from some friends today because I did predict that
he will cut a deal and never go to jail....
My friends said I was wrong, and that is not possible;
I said why is he sitting in Penthouse and not in Jail to wait for his trial?????

When I served on jury duty this week, I sat next to an attorney and he too said
He will go to jail. I still think my prediction was not wrong.
BUT I SURE WISH I AM WRONG....

Yep, off to jail! Do not pass go, do not collect $200 and NO BAIL! :applause:

Problem is - to jail for how long? AND, what will the sentence be - time served in his luxury apartment? Somehow I don't believe this man will be held fully accountable. I hope I'm wrong.

Actually, I don't know why I'm even worried about this case. I didn't lose a dime through him - I didn't have enough money to invest with him in the first place and those who did either had more than they should have or should have been smarter.

Just my own humble opinion.

my favorite part is how he partially blames his clients....how dare he! :furious: from his statement to the court:

"To the best of my recollection, my fraud began in the early 1990s. At that time, the country was in a recession and this posed a problem for investments in the securities markets. Nevertheless, I had received investment commitments from certain institutional clients and understood that those clients, like all professional investors, expected to see their investments out-perform the market."

http://www.cnbc.com/id/29660154

478644.gif

Problem is - to jail for how long? AND, what will the sentence be - time served in his luxury apartment? Somehow I don't believe this man will be held fully accountable. I hope I'm wrong.

Actually, I don't know why I'm even worried about this case. I didn't lose a dime through him - I didn't have enough money to invest with him in the first place and those who did either had more than they should have or should have been smarter.
Just my own humble opinion.

What?? What is that suppose to mean?? had more than they should have?? Regardless if these people earned their money or inherited it or whatever, how can you possibly justify saying "had more than they should have"??? This is the United States of America where most people strive to succeed and prosper without being penalized and judged for "having money".

What?? What is that suppose to mean?? had more than they should have?? Regardless if these people earned their money or inherited it or whatever, how can you possibly justify saying "had more than they should have"??? This is the United States of America where most people strive to succeed and prosper without being penalized and judged for "having money".

Yes, this is the good ole U.S.A. where corporations and banks go under and the underdogs who are losing their homes are forced to prop them back up with our tax dollars while CEOs are getting FAT bonuses. I object!

I also object to the huge sums of money celebraties and sports personalities are paid while babies starve in other countries. I have a lot of objections to the way many people in this country make their BIG money. It wasn't Joe Smith living next door to you or I who lost a fortune, so, pardon me if I show no sympathy whatever. Then again, there is the old saying about something seeming to good to be true. . .and another one, I believe, about greed.

Just my humble opinion.

I did not lose a dime in the market either. I was smart in 1999 when the bubble started to deflate and pulled right out. I lost my winnings, but got every dime of my principle. :).
NONE the less some people do not care about other people or the charities and universities that went down :( with Madoff or the Banks; some people are angry at the world, envy others and think about self. We can't all be the same, that's what makes the cookie crumble.
THANK YOU FOR CARING :blowkiss: It is people like you that make a difference. :)

AGREE! Now I want to see who els will get pulled down.
Definitely other members of Madoffs family, and relatives in the Stock Exchange who are in high positions.

The SE will be investigated too - unfortunately as a result of so many deregulations, I am afraid they will not get touched. :crazy:

Madoff Goes to Jail After Guilty Pleas
He admitted his guilt for the first time in public, and apologized to his victims, dozens of whom were squeezed into the courtroom benches behind him, before being handcuffed and led away to jail to await sentencing.

“I knew what I was doing was wrong, indeed criminal,” he said. “When I began the Ponzi scheme, I believed it would end shortly and I would be able to extricate myself and my clients.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/13/business/13madoff.html?th&emc=th

FOR A 70 year old man used to a lavish life style:
I just wonder how he slept in the last two nights in :behindbar
Was he comfortable? Is he adjusting? :p

just kidding I really do not give a rats azzzz if he rots.
He has one more move to make and it is into a pine box.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak
Back