GUILTY NY - Bianca Devins, 17, Instagram Celebrity, brutally murdered, Utica, July 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Saw the pictures online too....such a horrific story and totally senseless. Is anyone aware of the consequences of such things these days?

"A New York man was charged with murder Monday and is accused of killing a teenager whom he met on Instagram and posting photos of her dead body on the messaging platform Discord, authorities said.

The man, identified as Brandon Clark, 21, faces a second-degree murder charge in the killing of Bianca Devins, 17, said Sgt. Michael Curley of the Utica Police Department.

In a brief statement Monday night, Curley said Clark had been arraigned and was in custody at Oneida County Jail in upstate New York."

Man charged after allegedly killing teen, posting photos of her body on Discord

Yesterday the OP quotes "a person who was seriously harmed", but today the perp is out of the hospital and in jail. Quick recovery.

Only 2nd degree murder?

Yeah there was definitely a lot of misinformation going around at first perpetrated by all kinds of people, there was apparently a journalist on twitter who first spread incorrect information (namely about them meeting on discord, him being an incel (no indication of that, although the strongly associated alt-right / 4chan communities in my own research did have a lot of nasty things to say about the victim) etcetera. I found out about the case through social media, kept desperately trying to google it for more official sources. I posted as soon as any mainstream news came out because first of all, i felt incredible amount of sorrow for the victim, and second of all i felt an incredible amount of vitriol and disgust directed at the reaction to the crime and I strongly think that crimes like these need to be highlighted in tracking misogyny in online communities.

Only 2nd degree murder?

I believe in NY the only ones who are charged with first degree are those who murder police officers. first responders, and elected officials.etc.

I've never understood why that is though. It's the only state I've seen that has it that I can recall.

This was certainly premeditated murder imo.

Maybe someone can link the law for you concerning murder degrees. I would do it, but I have a hard time linking when I'm on my cell phone

Imo

I found out about this on social media and it instantly made my physically ill (even before I saw the photos). This girl was 17, the same age as my daughter. Looks almost identical, even down to the hair. Dresses the same. Same style of photos. Lived the same kind of lifestyle. Had the exact same interests. Listened to the same music. Posted on the same boards on discord and 4chan. Was mentally ill with some of the same disorders. I feel so stricken. I haven't asked my daughter if she knew her online, but I would be surprised if she didn't.

I am so, so angry about the backlash this girl-- this victim-- is getting online, from the disgusting words to the horrific sharing of the photos. I'm sure she did and/ or said some incredibly nasty things to people-- these kids, in that "scene", do. They want to appear "edgy". Reading through some of my daughter's chat logs (on the same pages) made me want to vomit.

But she was 17, a kid. Everyone does things they regret when they are 17. I did, for sure. These kids saying this awful stuff about her are doing the same dang thing. Nothing changes, and everything does.

She had her whole life ahead of her. No matter what she said or did now or in the past few years, she also appeared to be a bright girl, artistic, someone who loved her friends unconditionally and deeply. Someone who had a family who adored her. She did not deserve this. None of it. I hope they lock the murderer up and throw away the key. I don't want to live in a society where things like this are possible.

I'm so glad her friends (and strangers) cleansed her IG tagged photos to push that filth to the bottom until IG finally (FINALLY!!!) pulled the photos. I can't get over the mob mentality of users looking for clout by posting and reposting... FOR FOLLOWS? It makes my head explode. :(

RIP Bianca

DMB. I suspect the molestation and pain she went through was all true.

Ok I can post because Instagram deleted the worst. Poor girl. Oxiecontin on Insta

fear for our youth, wow

You took the words right out of my mouth.

I hate to sound like chicken little but sometimes I really think the sky is falling.

What the heck is this world coming to? There has always been violence in history, and in life, but this is a whole new realm of this day and age, SM—-kids being lured and everything else.

I worry for our youth, I do indeed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbya
Back