Identified! NY - Brooklyn, WhtMale, 20-30, 6'8", 539 lbs, Sep'11 - Kenneth Ecker

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
One piercing in each ear, but no earrings noted. Not a big deal-not wearing any.

Wonder why they did not release a photo of his lip jewelry which is described as white metal with a red ball. Though no longer unusual, uncommon, that would still be memorable to those who may have seen him.

One piercing in each ear, but no earrings noted. Not a big deal-not wearing any.

Wonder why they did not release a photo of his lip jewelry which is described as white metal with a red ball. Though no longer unusual, uncommon, that would still be memorable to those who may have seen him.

I believe that the piercing can be seen in the photo. It appears to be a standard piece of jewelry...nothing that looks particularly unique.

I believe that the piercing can be seen in the photo. It appears to be a standard piece of jewelry...nothing that looks particularly unique.

I can't seem to see it at all even with photo enlarged. Upper/lower, right/left side?

4" scar on the inside of the right elbow

sounds like he had a medical procedure we called a "cut down" to access a vein when they cannot get a line in.

A couple of thoughts about this young man...I believe he was able to express himself in his clothing and appearance: the X and GRACE tattoos, the red ball in his lower lip, the Spider-Man beanie. He could be wearing a pair of sweats, but he's found in cargo shorts. He looks closer to 20 years of age to me. My gut tells me he's not been thrown-away years earlier.

Although he has chest hair, he has just a day or two of stubble on his face. Put his weight aside if you may: IMO, he has taken care to shave a few times a week. Also noted is his hair is taken care of. It appears to me that not too many weeks ago, or at most 2 months prior, he had his hair cut. I could be wrong, but IMO, he cared at some level and was cared for.

Whatever belongings he came to NYC with, probably arriving either during the summer months or some days prior to this tragedy for a last trip, he's ditched everything prior to entering the building. IMO, the final act was well-planned.

It's early September. The beanie, an example of his self-expression, may have been purchased on the street near the theater area in Manhattan during the opening/reopening of Spider-Man Open the Dark during the summer, or he's just one of the millions of young adult Spidey fans and the beanie is offbeat. Perhaps, he even treated himself to the show in Midtown Manhattan during his time in NYC.

He might have sublet an apartment for a month or two prior to this from a young adult. He could have sublet a small space/bedroom in an apartment. Very common. It's the first of the month. Original tenant holding the yearly lease is returning for school, etc. Nothing to report. Business transaction. Not necessarily the landlord. No one is missing. Again, very common in NYC particularly in the summer.

Peter Parker (aka Spider-Man) was born in Forest Hills, Queens. Spidey is orphaned and raised by an Aunt and Uncle. He has an aptitude for Science. (See my out-there post below.) NYC, Spidey, 17-story building and flying through the air connections could be noted or may mean nothing.

Also of note is some of the major psychiatric disorders commonly appear during the early 20s often leaving family and friends in shock at the rapid progression of the illness and its symptoms (in hindsight).

I found another poster's comment about the upcoming OWS interesting. He may have told family/friends that he would be joining up with OWS in another 2 weeks, and they should not be concerned about not hearing from him for several months, thereby delaying any search for him. I hope I'm wrong, but may not be until shortly after Christmas/New Years before flags go up if there are family/friends.

Tungsten = K-O-V-W
Canada = C A

Tungsten, Canada?

Also interesting from the Tungsten City Band's (Caldreamin) Site:

http://www.caldreamin.com/tcb.htm

A couple of our regular clients include...and Explore America which conducts trips for exchange students from around the world .

Our Mission Statement Monument Valley

"California Dreamin Tours" is a company that is especially designed for international students Grand Canyon National Park working and traveling in the United States as well as the independent backpacker.

Http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=5294404
Interesting article that really provides some insight on this UID's mindset. The second half of the article is particularly interesting. I am going to post my thoughts when I get to my computer. This phone app is great, but it's easier to type from my laptop.

Epiphany I agree with your assessment that UID was able to express himself through piercings, tattoos, etc... He wasn't a "geek".

But the weight tells me that he had self esteem issues. One can be chubby or even fat but 500+ lbs is obese. You don't get to this weight in your 20's easily.

I would like to know, as welll, about his shoes (it is not clear to me whether they were found somewhere or not....I doubt he walked into the building barefoot), the condition of his hands, his build or physique (poor or good muscle tone), the brand of cigarette that the empty pack was.

Although I appreciate the cleverness of the KOVW element theory, I doubt he was that clever. It's beyond the average Joe.

I sure hope to find out more about this UID at some point. Maybe there will be a way to get more information from the police or coroner. I'm sure they know stuff that would help us.

An FYI on straight edge from wikipedia.....

The letter X is the most known symbol of straight edge, and is sometimes worn as a marking on the back of both hands, though it can be displayed on other body parts as well. Some followers of straight edge have also incorporated the symbol into clothing and pins. According to a series of interviews by journalist Michael Azerrad, the straight edge X can be traced to the Teen Idles' brief U.S. West Coast tour in 1980.[39] The Teen Idles were scheduled to play at San Francisco's Mabuhay Gardens, but when the band arrived, club management discovered that the entire band was under the legal drinking age and therefore would be denied entry to the club. As a compromise, management marked each of the Idles' hands with a large black X as a warning to the club's staff not to serve alcohol to the band. Upon returning to Washington, D.C., the band suggested this same system to local clubs as a means to allow teenagers in to see musical performances without being served alcohol.[39] The Teen Idles released a record in 1980 called Minor Disturbance with the cover shot being two hands with black X's on the back.[40][3] The mark soon became associated with the Straight Edge lifestyle.[3]

Later bands have used the X symbol on album covers and other paraphernalia in a variety of ways. The cover of No Apologies by Judge shows two crossed gavels in the X symbol.[41] Other objects that have been used include shovels, baseball bats, and hockey sticks.[41]

A variation involving a trio of Xs, *advertiser censored*, is often used in show flyers and tattoos. This can be used to show that an adherent is extremely straight edge.[3] Also, it can be ironic based on the fact that three X's are a cartoon way to signify alcohol or poison.[42] The term is sometimes abbreviated by including an X with the abbreviation of the term "straight edge" to give sXe.[43] By analogy, hardcore punk is sometimes abbreviated to hXc. The X symbol can be used as a way to signify a band or person is straight edge, by adding an x to the front and back, for example, the band xDEATHSTARx​

I've searched enough to know that UID's tattoos fit well within the norm of straight edge tattoos. Saw some just like them although most people probably prefer a more stylized or attractive looking 'X' than the sharp lines of a traditional SE tat. What doesn't fit is the Guinness shirt and the empty pack of cigarettes!

Maybe New York has a straight edge subculture that would recognize him from a while back.

Maybe Kov could be an abbreviation or nickname for someone with a first name the ends in kov, and W could be the last initial? Possibly the first name is a last name used as a first name? Vasilikov? Chekov? Ethnically he looks like he could be from parts of the world where names end in kov.

An FYI on straight edge from wikipedia.....

I've searched enough to know that UID's tattoos fit well within the norm of straight edge tattoos. Saw some just like them although most people probably prefer a more stylized or attractive looking 'X' than the sharp lines of a traditional SE tat. What doesn't fit is the Guinness shirt and the empty pack of cigarettes!

Maybe New York has a straight edge subculture that would recognize him from a while back.

I totally agree! I researched this yesterday and fully believe that he was once Straight Edge. There appears to be a big group in Boston. There are a lot of message boards and even a site that shows tattoos.

I totally agree! I researched this yesterday and fully believe that he was once Straight Edge. There appears to be a big group in Boston. There are a lot of message boards and even a site that shows tattoos.

I have no other explanation for an X on each wrist, but still, I have never seen Straight Edge Xs quite like his. For one thing, the lines are thinner on his. Also, the 'serifs' on the ends are oriented perpendicular. This may seem like a little detail, but it seems unusual to me. It's not a deal-breaker, it's just that I don't think they are the conventional Straight Edge Xs.

this is one of the most baffling cases based on his size, someone HAS to know who this guy is, very recognizable features, would the coroner or Namus case Mgr supply us with additional info if asked?

I have no other explanation for an X on each wrist, but still, I have never seen Straight Edge Xs quite like his. For one thing, the lines are thinner on his. Also, the 'serifs' on the ends are oriented perpendicular. This may seem like a little detail, but it seems unusual to me. It's not a deal-breaker, it's just that I don't think they are the conventional Straight Edge Xs.

I was in agreement with this until I poured over hundreds of Straight Edge tattoos. I found so many different variations, including some that looked like these. What I did find different was that his were on the inside of the wrist. All of the examples that I have seen were on the outside of the wrist.

After reading the article about the mindset of people that jump from buildings, I agree with the thought that he probably had a lease that was up as of the 1st. He probably spent the better part of August giving away his stuff so that way he could clear out his apartment or room before jumping. I would bet that he knew about the lady that jumped prior because he lived in the area. I agree with the person that said he may have ordered a lot of carryout food, so food delivery drivers in the area may know him.

The writing on the foot still baffles me. I wonder if he really could have written that on his foot; I would think that there would be some physical limitations to that. I'm leaning towards the fact that he did indeed write that himself because it would make sense for identification purposes, but it certainly hasn't helped in identifying him. So, why write something on your foot to help with identification if it doesn't help at all? Maybe it was a message and not an identifying mark.

JMHO

I agree after poking around quite a bit myself. Does anyone else think they look like "Varsity" Xs? I found a couple of examples (one in particular associated with Straight Edge) searching for tattoos.

I also agree about the physical limitations possibly associated with the writing on the foot. His being barefoot, coupled with the fact that he apparently had pretty good hygiene also tells us that the writing was relatively recent. It hadn't had a chance to be sweated off or smudged. I'm also wondering how dirty the soles of his feet appeared/if the area around the writing was cleaned up at all for autopsy.

I agree after poking around quite a bit myself. Does anyone else think they look like "Varsity" Xs? I found a couple of examples (one in particular associated with Straight Edge) searching for tattoos.

I'm not certain that these are "Varsity" Xs. Those are more block-like and are not solid Xs like this guy had.

I also agree about the physical limitations possibly associated with the writing on the foot. His being barefoot, coupled with the fact that he apparently had pretty good hygiene also tells us that the writing was relatively recent. It hadn't had a chance to be sweated off or smudged. I'm also wondering how dirty the soles of his feet appeared/if the area around the writing was cleaned up at all for autopsy.

I think he was found wearing socks but no shoes. Correct me if I'm wrong. Another thing that strikes me as interesting is his lack of shoes. Someone that is THAT tall would wear a very large sized shoe, at least I believe that he would. Shoes like that tend to have to be special ordered. So, is it possible that he was homeless and none of the shelters had shoes that fit him? Just trying to think of all possible angles.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321
Back